Skip to main content
Topic: RD 21: Richmond v Carlton (Pre-game Prayers) (Read 52433 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 21: Richmond v Carlton (Pre-game Prayers)

Richmond vs Carlton
Saturday 17 August 2013@13:45
MCG

No Judd, Tigers with 5 years of beltings in their memories and no doubt they have pay-back lined up. Maybe we can get a deadcat bounce after last night's humiliation but I fear the worst. Richmond by 10.

Re: RD 21: Richmond v Carlton (Pre-game Prayers)

Reply #1
This could be the first of the Dark Lord's full blow outs. Brace yourselves.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #2
Just like the players, I have lost interest and just don't care anymore :-[ :-[ :-[
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #3
Just like the players, I have lost interest and just don't care anymore :-[ :-[ :-[
That is really what it looked like, which really bothers me.
I don't expect us to win another game this season now, but I still have the urge to win. I just can't see how we can beat the Tiges on our present form.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
I will be watching all the remaining games from the comfort of the couch courtesy of Foxtel, and making no optimistic predictions!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #5
they are going to hurt us big time
this will be as much psychological for them as the 4 points

Reply #6
x 2 60+ point loss coming up. Haven't got a hope in hell beating any of the 3 side we are playing next. If MM thinks he has a massive task now fixing this list, wait another 3 rounds. These soulless, priceless, frauds will not even give a yelp.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #7
x 2 60+ point loss coming up. Haven't got a hope in hell beating any of the 3 side we are playing next. If MM thinks he has a massive task now fixing this list, wait another 3 rounds. These soulless, priceless, frauds will not even give a yelp.

MM says the ladder is irrelevant, but wont play the kids - the reason for this
he and the stupid board thinks they can still make the 8
what he and them don't understand, is the kids will play out of their skins to get noticed and make a case,
I'd give 5 - 7 players 4 weeks off NOW to satisfy AFLPA and give them a pre season from hell early

Reply #8
Bought 8 premium tickets for this the night we beat North.  :-*
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
I will be watching all the remaining games from the comfort of the couch courtesy of Foxtel, and making no optimistic predictions!

Likewise. I was intending to go and upgrade but I aint spending any more hard earned on watching us. I will still go to the NBs games though, at least they seem fair dinkum... and the food is cheaper  ;)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11
Team selections this week :

OUT : All 22 players
IN : All VFL players

I realise that this on the surface will seem like utter madness but what is the point in flogging a dead horse, most of the senior players are cooked right now.

There is a raft of players in the seconds who could do with the experience (Graham, Buckley, Menzel etc) and then there are those who we are wondering if they will ever make it and/or has time passed them by (Mitchell, McCarthy, Duigan, Laidler, Davies, Collins etc).

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by going "fully sick" at the selection table, let's use these last three rounds to our advantage especially as we are well out of finals contention now (and I don't want the charity finals entry if the Bombers get booted too).  

So what if we tumble further down the ladder ?? We get a better draft pick(s) the lower we go plus we will not be under any expectation or scrutiny next year seeing as we finished down the bottom end.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #12

I realise that this on the surface will seem like utter madness but what is the point in flogging a dead horse, most of the senior players are cooked right now.

There is a raft of players in the seconds who could do with the experience (Graham, Buckley, Menzel etc) and then there are those who we are wondering if they will ever make it and/or has time passed them by (Mitchell, McCarthy, Duigan, Laidler, Davies, Collins etc).

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by going "fully sick" at the selection table, let's use these last three rounds to our advantage especially as we are well out of finals contention now (and I don't want the charity finals entry if the Bombers get booted too).  

So what if we tumble further down the ladder ?? We get a better draft pick(s) the lower we go plus we will not be under any expectation or scrutiny next year seeing as we finished down the bottom end.

Yep.

The time has come.

MM has shown he's incapable of getting anymore out of this group, time to get a look at whats next and show off some of those wares we may have to move on.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #13

I agree with your theory, just not the severity
in order to assess your list, you'd have to give them a go on the big stage

Reply #14
Will Robbo be back?

Imagine a side without Robbo and Judd. Add Scotland and there is the heart of the side completely gone. It would be a frightful smashing.