Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 37571 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 22: Post Game Peace? Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #180
Makes more sense than suggesting they got their rocks off Fev not getting a ton.

Really, I think it's just the sort of getting his rocks off that Clarkson thrives on.

Perhaps you should ask Premiership Player Ian Atken, send him around to remind Clarkson of how many flags he played in!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #183
Why would they give a crap about Fev gettig 100 goals? The only people who did were Fev and Carlton fans.

Thought it was public knowledge that they said in no way was fev getting his 100 that day.

Reply #184
Thought it was public knowledge that they said in no way was fev getting his 100 that day.

I've seen that on Carlton forums but nothing directly from anyone at Hawthorn. Only thing I remember was a player saying they thought Buddy's Coleman medal was in jeopardy.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #185
Moved Roughead to centre half back deliberately to stop Fevola.

Did he not want him to get his 100??

Or did he want to stop a rampant opposition player?

Either way he did it to stop him, and didn't move him forward till the final minute.

Make of that what you will.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #186
Fev should have and could have easily taken out Roughead and Franklin who both fell back into his space, I bet they would not have done that to Lockett, it would have ended the Dawks season and the bullcrap Clarkson legend.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #187
I've seen that on Carlton forums but nothing directly from anyone at Hawthorn. Only thing I remember was a player saying they thought Buddy's Coleman medal was in jeopardy.

I thought i remember a playing coming out and saying it reletively recently (last year or 2).

Reckon it was on AFL360 or Gameday or something like that.

Reply #188
Fraser Murphy (169 cms)?

Or was it a leprechaun?  :o
I thought that it was Fraser walking with Sticks but this was a little bald block in the background.

Reply #189
I see Murphy regularly and he's got plenty of hair, but he's still solid.  Only Blues player I know shorter than I am?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #190
I thought that it was Fraser walking with Sticks but this was a little bald block in the background.

I didnt see it but i know Mark Naley was there and has had 2 tumours removed from his brain. so small, bald... sounds like him... as an assumption only.

apparently it was a huge effort for him to get there.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #191
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/fevola-blew-his-chances-but-it-was-a-special-effort-sayshawthorn-coach/2008/08/31/1220121049182.html

When you're at a game you can sense what's happening and why

That day they clearly, on instruction, made sure that Fev would not get his 100.  Clarkson is a bullcrapter and that 'he missed some in the first so it was his own fault' was him being extremely insincere.

Clarkson is not a good fair guy. Fair would've been playing out the game as they started it, not loading up around Fev.

Reply #192
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/fevola-blew-his-chances-but-it-was-a-special-effort-sayshawthorn-coach/2008/08/31/1220121049182.html

When you're at a game you can sense what's happening and why

That day they clearly, on instruction, made sure that Fev would not get his 100.  Clarkson is a bullcrapter and that 'he missed some in the first so it was his own fault' was him being extremely insincere.

Clarkson is not a good fair guy. Fair would've been playing out the game as they started it, not loading up around Fev.

Awwww sooky sooky la la. The big bad coach of the opposition didn't let us kick some goals. This is the AFL not the under 10s where everything is fair and there are no winners and no losers.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #193
Awwww sooky sooky la la. The big bad coach of the opposition didn't let us kick some goals. This is the AFL not the under 10s where everything is fair and there are no winners and no losers.

From our perspective as CFC supporters, it would have been ideal if Clarkson put the clamps on after Fev got his 100. That way the Hawks still get a bazillion point victory, Buddy gets his Coleman, and Fev gets his ton.

Anyhoo, nearly 10 seasons after the fact, 99 goals still looks very impressive, and I don't think adding 1 goal to make 100 would make it any more so.

Bloody Fev. He coulda been a contender.

Reply #194
Well take heart, if he's that big of a kent to the opposition, then you can be certain he's a massive kent internally as well. Which could well explain the regular defectors.

I suppose Mitchell, Lewis and Co have already found this out! ;D
The Force Awakens!