Skip to main content
Topic: Pass-mark for 2014 (Read 27119 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pass-mark for 2014

Reply #30
I want to be able to go to games again with a high expectation and degree of confidence of winning! Not, as for the last too many years, a fear we are going to get flogged.

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
I want to be able to go to games again with a high expectation and degree of confidence of winning! Not, as for the last too many years, a fear we are going to get flogged.

1. Beat Hawthorn. I hate this mob so much. I want to see Hodge buried by Meat or Bell. Absolutely smashed. He's due for one. It's time we monstered a top 4 side. Especially this mob. Do that and you've won me over.
2. Top 5
3. Beat Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond.
4. Second week of finals.
5. Our squad needs to improve across the board, not just the usual "it's time for Gibbs to stand up" nonsense. Across the board improvement will allow everyone to feed off each other and excel collectively.
Keep the Faith

Reply #32

5. Our squad needs to improve across the board, not just the usual "it's time for Gibbs to stand up" nonsense. Across the board improvement will allow everyone to feed off each other and excel collectively.

Agree. But it's still time for Gibbs to stand up  ;)

Reply #33

Gibbs will have a standout year and establish himself as an elite A grader in the competition... then he'll get poached via Free Agency at the end of the year. ::)

Reply #34

Gibbs will have a standout year and establish himself as an elite A grader in the competition... then he'll get poached via Free Agency at the end of the year. ::)

Yep, to the Crows. Can spot it a mile away.

Reply #35

Make him captain :p

Reply #36
Holly cow, so many listing the ladder position as the dependent variable with injuries as an independent variable!

Ladder position(y) depends on injuries(x)!

Brett Ratten must be choking on a latte right at this minute, or at least he would have sensed a shiver run up his spine!

It's a fair summation because no-one can predict what will happen on the injury front and it will have a strong bearing on where the team finishes.

6th - no injuries
8th - some injuries across the season
10th - heavy and ongoing casualties
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #37
Top 8 would be a good result....I dont see the top teams falling away like some do....
Malthouse worried me when he mentioned Simon White being played forward....think we will have problems kicking goals

re: Gibbs....probably will step up so he can ask for some big dollars being a free agent at years end. I remain skeptical about his ability to play consistent top line football and influence games...

I expect to lose one of Walker or Gibbs.......given what Goddard got at Essendon I dont see us being able to keep both on what will be similar offerings to Goddard....

Reply #38
Sheik is that just an example or are you suggesting we should finish between 6th and 10th depending on injuries ? Surely we should be good enough to finish above 6th if everything works our way this season. If not we may fail to meet a pass mark before we start. 6th won't do me if we have a good list to choose from. I don't even want to think about 10th unless we are targeting some good talent in the draft next time around with picks. We either see serious improved performances and game plan or we fail. Players either step up or we trade them for better cattle.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #39
Sheik is that just an example or are you suggesting we should finish between 6th and 10th depending on injuries ? Surely we should be good enough to finish above 6th if everything works our way this season.

Yes, that is what I'm saying.

I still don't think we have the exact playing list we need to go further into the finals and until we do, we are going to be in the bottom half of the 8 at best.

For us to do better, then one of the better teams has to have a stinker of a season and I just can't see them doing that right at the moment.

Freo, Sydney, Hawks, Pies & Cats are all quality outfits and we have to be at our best to beat them hence the reason why 6th is my best placing. There are a handful of other teams (North, Port, Tigers & Crows) who will around our level as well. 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #40
Top 8 would be a good result....I dont see the top teams falling away like some do....
Malthouse worried me when he mentioned Simon White being played forward....think we will have problems kicking goals

re: Gibbs....probably will step up so he can ask for some big dollars being a free agent at years end. I remain skeptical about his ability to play consistent top line football and influence games...

I expect to lose one of Walker or Gibbs.......given what Goddard got at Essendon I dont see us being able to keep both on what will be similar offerings to Goddard....

Rumors remain strong Bryce has a desire to head home, but if he wants to do so he needs to put in a blinder to up his going rate!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41

Rumors remain strong Bryce has a desire to head home, but if he wants to do so he needs to put in a blinder to up his going rate!

If its Gibbs out...then its David " Visy" Mundy in....

Reply #42
I find it hard to set a benchmark, because the game is changing so fast and good performance targets set now might be irrelevant by April 2014

We have picked up some good talent and those we have lost are not costly.

We did not get the Tall KP Back we needed!

Nick Duigan's case has to be bad management!

the Management of the club has to be under the spotlight. The web site does not show the new players yet. No big deal, but it indicates a slackness. Sticks should be kept on the board but we need stronger decisive leadership for the club to go further.

Reply #43

Care to let us know where these strong rumours emanate from?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #44
Mick was given three years.

Given the adage you need to lose one to win one, We need to be playing off in the Big one this year.

Anything else is a fail.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset