Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 72812 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

In what has to be one of the more insipid performances by this club, we have lost to the bottom-placed Melbourne who normally get belted by 12-goals or more by the rest of the clubs.

There was no teamwork, there was no system, there was no willingness to work hard, there was basically bugger-all from a team which told us all week that they were embarrassed and would show some fight this week.

This has gone on for way too long, heads have to roll now. We are officially the laughing stock of the league and as a long-time supporter (and I'm sure I speak for many people), it is embarrassing to be a Carlton supporter when your team will not at least have a fair dinkum dip.

We can all handle losing if we go down fighting, none of this fair-weather crap !!!

I fear for where this club is headed because the key administrators tell us one thing and then the coach contradicts those comments. The players keep getting well paid to produce very little all the while the poor old supporters keep getting asked to open their wallets and tip in more money.

Seriously Carlton, if you want the rank & file people to support you, then you have to start delivering what you say you will and until such time as that happens, you will never ever earn any respect inside or outside of the club.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #1
In what has to be one of the more insipid performances by this club, we have lost to the bottom-placed Melbourne who normally get belted by 12-goals or more by the rest of the clubs.

There was no teamwork, there was no system, there was no willingness to work hard, there was basically bugger-all from a team which told us all week that they were embarrassed and would show some fight this week.

This has gone on for way too long, heads have to roll now. We are officially the laughing stock of the league and as a long-time supporter (and I'm sure I speak for many people), it is embarrassing to be a Carlton supporter when your team will not at least have a fair dinkum dip.

We can all handle losing if we go down fighting, none of this fair-weather crap !!!

I fear for where this club is headed because the key administrators tell us one thing and then the coach contradicts those comments. The players keep getting well paid to produce very little all the while the poor old supporters keep getting asked to open their wallets and tip in more money.

Seriously Carlton, if you want the rank & file people to support you, then you have to start delivering what you say you will and until such time as that happens, you will never ever earn any respect inside or outside of the club.

AND SO SAY ALL OF US >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Reply #2
Our players need to watch that game during the week and watch what happens when you play with a bit of heart and passion as Melbourne did, because frankly I can't see one of our players giving it there all out there.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #3
I struggle with losing but I can't stomach not having a serious go.

Murphy - simply disgraceful is the politest thing I can say.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #4
58% efficiency versus 75%, says it all really. More scoring shots, more disposals, more inside 50's. Just crape with the footy.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
And 0% heart and 0% work rate.

Out worked by the  worst* club in the AFL.....  yep, no crisis at Carlton....  yep, nothing to see here, move along....

*before today.

Reply #6
Wouldn't of mattered if Waite, Garlett and Bell were playing it would of been the same result. We are a broken club. I don't blame Mick totally the players are weak with no heart. Simpson has to be made Captain he is the only player with a heart bigger than a pea in this team.

Reply #7
At least it makes Essendons win last week look less impressive

Reply #8
Players have to be banished to the seconds, go with a youth policy for the rest of the season and then sack everyone who isn't part of the future.

If Malthouse has any shred of decency, he'll resign tomorrow, if not he should be sacked on Monday along with Barker, Green & co.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #9
I've got nothing.....just sadness
We can rehash the debates from last week but the reasons (and the blame) will be the same.

It's a total club responsibility and there's blame at all levels.
Those that came out saying "watch how we respond" have been made to look silly.
Those that said "there is no crisis" have been made to look silly.
The players have done themselves a great disservice by failing to respond.

Perhaps the only question that needs to be asked is..... "how many signatures are needed for an extraordinary general meeting?"

Reply #10
Players have to be banished to the seconds, go with a youth policy for the rest of the season and then sack everyone who isn't part of the future.

If Malthouse has any shred of decency, he'll resign tomorrow, if not he should be sacked on Monday along with Barker, Green & co.

Agree, but will not happen.  No chance.

Reply #11

Reply #13
The honourable thing would be to resign but coaches don't.  So sack him.

The serious question to ask is....  who do we get in as caretaker?

I'd be tempted to go like '95 and let the senior players set the agenda and game plan, and somebody like Wiley can keep track of the interchanges.

That way all the onus is on the list and not on some "coach".

Reply #14
How embarrassing is that.

If we cant beat Melbourne....then who the fark are we gonna beat?  Where is this team headed?

Their skills were never great but it has totally deserted them. They have absolutely no run and couldnt even play man on man when required!! How many times did Melb players find space??? Too fkn easy and it's due to lack of effort.

MM...you dont have the cattle to play the game style you want.
Either change the game plan to suit your cattle or start looking at a retirement village.
For such a great coach, how have you managed to suck the life and confidence out of the 22 weak plicks you choose to wear our beloved navy blue Guernsey every week?

This is simply disgraceful. Not acceptable by any stretch.
I'm simply staggered that for whatever reason....we've stooped to this low...again. >:(
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!