Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73235 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #45
17 posses from Cripps is pretty good - anyone see him up close?

Fantastic hands and reflexes, great determination, very slow leg speed, ran out of puff pretty early.  He's one if our saviours........in about 3 year's time
cheers cob.

Reply #46
Malthouse blamed the loss of Menzel and Jamison!

Losing Menzel really hurt, he'd been very busy and everything he does is classy.
When he did the ankle he got straight up, layed a tackle and won a free kick, he will become a very good player.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #47

Losing Menzel really hurt, he'd been very busy and everything he does is classy.
When he did the ankle he got straight up, layed a tackle and won a free kick, he will become a very good player.

But recall some saying, injuries are no excuse!

One thing is for sure, karma is a bitch!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
Lack of personnel is no excuse for lack of desire and pathetic work rate.  In fact, the inclusions showed more heart than many so-called senior players.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #49
If that is the best MM has to offer, it's over for him!

This week the club needed to show us something, the players needed to show us something and the coaches needed to show us something.

They sure as hell did!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
went to the g today and finally had the last shred of arrogance left in me from the glory days torn from me. Pagan couldn't do it , ratts gave me hope, mick has succeeded. Worst display of lack of heart and teamwork I've had to endure. I'm numb.

Reply #51
ret ready for some more pain next week.   We will get steamrolled by the Bulldogs. 

Reply #52

Menzel wasnt exactly tearing it up and Frawley was all over Jamo.......

Reply #53

But recall some saying, injuries are no excuse!

One thing is for sure, karma is a bitch!

I'm not looking for excuses, we were outplayed.
Our skills are so poor that it becomes infectious, players lose the belief.
When Yarran kicked a goal in the last quarter we needed three to win with about 10 or 12 minutes on the clock, plenty of time but no one revving up or urging, the body language was that of a team resigned to losing.
At the next centre bounce we coughed it up again with a simple handball error and that was that, we packed up and left.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #54

With half the side off injured we still should  beat Melbourne. That excuse won't wash.

Reply #55
I work two jobs, have a young family, mortgage, cars loans etc like most on here. Over winter when Tassie is bleak and dark I have one thing each week that I look forward to, sitting down and watch Carlton play. Even if they don't win I can't least watch a team trying.

Instead what I've got this year is an empty feeling, my club talks itself up, has a coach on millions, players on hundreds of thousands, getting around asking for my hard earned and loyalty with memberships and raffles and merchandise to support that crap.

This team has taken my love for the club and wiped their arse on it and what's more, they will rock up to training be told what they did wrong and look to next week to deliver the same sh1t.

I've heard how high pressure it is for players at clubs funnily enough by other players, how about these players drop their salary to 10% of what their getting, don't have a contract so they have the very real axe of unemployment sitting over their heads when they don't perform and see how high the pressure is then.

Unfortunately Murphy, Gibbs etc have never had to fight for their spot in the team they can play like rubbish and still get a game next week.

Ryan Trainor if you come lurking again this week like you do often then take back to the board this question, why should I pay for a membership to give Malthouse and the players, massive salaries and all the perks when they don't even try and have no consequences apart from some bad press for the week? Yet for me, it rips my heart out. I look at my club and feel disgusted at the lack of heart. I look at other clubs who play with effort and feel jealous.

But hey, Malthouse will hold his press conference and deflect as many questions as he can, maybe berate a reporter for trying to do his job or bully a camera man for eating. Where is the public scorn of the players? Sticks will release a video via the website and Swann will go on KBs show joking around and saying how next weeks effort will be better. Then the Bulldogs will give us a lesson on playing with pride.

I've had a gutful.

Reply #56
fkn mark robinson cant ask a question to save himself
when he ask MM if he felt pressured for job, MM said why do you say that?
I would have said, " you rated this list as one that has a premiership window" just recently

Reply #57

Okay he is now officially senile.

Murphy has to go as captain as well. Runs into an open goal and instead of taking the responsibility and being a fricken leader he dishes off to Yarran with someone hot on his heels. He is no leader of men or any leader. Menzel shows more leadership.

Reply #58
Murphy's dive halfway through the last quarter was Neymaresque! Needed to take the ball and instead just fell over and staged for the free. I knew then and there that it was over.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #59
Murphy's dive halfway through the last quarter was Neymnaresque! Needed to take the ball and instead just fell over and staged for the free. I knew then and there that it was over.

I wonder how often hodge or brown staged for a free when the ball was there to be won?