Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73231 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #90
Wow three certain posters are very conspicuous by their absence.

He's in the NB's thread.

You might catch him before he runs off! 8)

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #91
Not as a leader he hasn't. Some of his attempts to mark on the lead in the last two weeks have been pissweak. A bloke his size should be imposing himself on the game. All our promising players are dropping off at a rapid rate.

We are playing like we are sh1te scared to make a mistake, like there is a guy with a whip standing over us and we want him to go past without noticing us.

We had a motto, The Spirit of Carlton!

Our spirit is broken, we have nothing!

its sold at dan murphys

Reply #92
I know that this is isn't the answer at all, but I am getting increasingly frustrated by the way that Levi Casboult is being used. It seems that the MM recipe is to start him at CHF and then have him rotating with Warnock in the ruck, intermingled with time off the ground.

We'll, guess what? He's buggered by half time and for three quarters of the match Carlton has no target to kick to. He should be played out of the square providing a target, without the trauma of having to run all over the ground whilst not playing forward - Tony Lockett would be ineffective if he was asked toplay the role that Levi is being asked to play and I noticed that Frawley at the other end was very much a stay at home target.

Henderson is a CHB. Murphy is trying hard and I saw him digging deep in the last quarter to run with his man.

Gibbs looks like he is gone and half hearted snap in the last quarter said it all.

Reply #93
17 posses from Cripps is pretty good - anyone see him up close?

Fantastic hands and reflexes, great determination, very slow leg speed, ran out of puff pretty early.  He's one if our saviours........in about 3 year's time
Speaking of running out of puff, the bits I did watch I noted many of our blokes on their haunches after running efforts. I saw Yaz, Ellard, Murphy, Simmo in particular at various stages looked stuffed. Is a fitness and fatigue problem that then leads to sloppy disposal and but chasing? We just arent running and spreading like we were last year and years gone by. Has Butters forked up their preps?

Looks like it.

Another xmas present from MM.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #94
the players had the chance during the week to let MM know they didn't like the game plan and they said nothing.

Reply #95
the players had the chance during the week to let MM know they didn't like the game plan and they said nothing.

Sure, if the report about the player review are correct guys are going to pot the bloke who holds their future in his hands, yeah right!

Things couldn't be working out any better for MM. If the players are unhappy he has closed and bolted the door before they even realised it was open. And now he has delivered two affirmations of his alleged player review. The players are his bitch at the moment and they know it, you won't get diddly squat out of them!

This is old school coaching, like 80s stuff, except in the 2010s you can't get a player to win in spite of you!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #96

Really.

Secret ballot was it?.

What are they supposed to say? They have no power in that situation.

Reply #97

With Mick you are either his love child or his whipping boy. Either way, it wouldn't be a good idea.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #98
The only positive from today was Warnock reported.   Hopefully the MRP do the right thing by us and rub the spud out for a couple of weeks.  

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #99
Simply makes no sense sacking Malthouse now. We're committed to him of we like it or not and we have to work with what we have right now.

The good news is that there are probably 7 of our best 22 missing (Judd, Kreuzer, Waite, Garlett, Robinson, Menzel, Docherty) and I  guess that there are probably 5 or so others that are we'll below their "par" (Walker, Tuohy, Thomas, Murphy, Henderson). So, today's loss didn't come as a surprise.

Sorry 6, but if you saw Waite and Garlett this arvo I don't think you would have included them in our best 22, especially Jeffy. Docherty will be.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #100
I suspect there were a few of blokes silly enough to pot the plan.

Waite
Garlett
Bell
White
The Force Awakens!

Reply #101
that's why they have no spine, you all whinge that they don't do this and don't do that but they have the opportunity as a whole to stand up and they didn't.

Reply #102
that's why they have no spine, you all whinge that they don't do this and don't do that but they have the opportunity as a whole to stand up and they didn't.

They had been checkmated!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #103
HOW DID THE NORTHERN BLUES GO/
Been out to dinner.
There might be a report on here somewhere, but I'm that deflated after today, that I can't be fkd looking for it.

Reply #104
SORRY. Found the thread.