Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 12: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 27615 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 12: In Game Attitude: Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #135
That non-tackle by Thomas resulting in the goal, is symptomatic of the tackling or lack thereof on the day.

We have continuously run past the player with the ball, rather than at him.

Reply #136
Cripps desperately needs a rest!

Reply #137
So we re load , after the break. Absorb this, learn from it and see who wants to play. Pity no one really showing in the NB's to bring in. Don't think SOJ is ready, Jasch not the answer, Jones has been tried , so we try........?

Reply #139
I desperately need a rest from watching this crap

Reply #140
That non-tackle by Thomas resulting in the goal, is symptomatic of the tackling or lack thereof on the day.

We have continuously run past the player with the ball, rather than at him.

Thomas played his guts out today. Sure he missed the tackle but he left nothing out which i can only say for maybe 2 or 3 others. 

Oh and Walker would have to be the dumbest footballer ever. They idiot flies 4 deep against all bigger player every forking time. Had enough of him to be honest.

Reply #141
Thomas played his guts out today. Sure he missed the tackle but he left nothing out which i can only say for maybe 2 or 3 others. 

Oh and Walker would have to be the dumbest footballer ever. They idiot flies 4 deep against all bigger player every forking time. Had enough of him to be honest.

I have never seen a more over rated player than Walker.

Reply #142
Walker's athleticism made up for stupidity but injuies have crippled him. He's done, should retire and give Jack his guernsey.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #143
3 goals straight to Cas - not bad in the context of the game.

Reply #144
I agree Thomas is the least of our problems, have been consistent most of the year , our lack of ability to impact on the scoreboard at critical times is a key, we don't have the cattle up there. Pity re illness & injury re the recruits , would have given us more flexibility , but let's see after the bye

Reply #145
Walker's athleticism made up for stupidity but injuies have crippled him. He's done, should retire and give Jack his guernsey.

I've always been a fan, but his season 2015 was lousy, and this season is only a little better. I agree with you.

Reply #146
Don't think it would be a total surprise if that happened at years end. There will be more culling for sure.but he has been a good servant of the club, as you say injuries have taken there toll .

Reply #147
3 goals straight to Cas - not bad in the context of the game.

I thought he played better when Jones was in.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #148
The last couple of months have been pretty good bignic. Today is an aberration in comparison.

Absolutely agree, PP.

But, I reckon that games like this, actually put the focus on the usual suspects.

What you have in the wins, is the good players, bringing the spuds into the game.

Every team has got spuds, but the lower teams like us, have more than the Hawks, Swans etc.

I know for  a fact, that those who make the decisions, are fully aware of the weaknesses, which is why you will hear Bolton repeating the mantra about the long journey.

They are also aware that he is also on  a learning curve, and their aim is to give him the material that will enable him to take us to the next level.

What Bolts has proven, is that with a team re-pleat with spuds, he has had them playing above their weight.

I am really looking forward to watching Charlie Curnow, Harry mack hopefully play a few and Son of Jo play a few.

I know that they are building a war chest to get a big name player to the club. Watch this space.

We are building to a very exciting future, and the bottom line is not to get carried away too much by big wins, or drop the bundle by losses like today, knowing that we have at least 6 spuds in the team who won't be there next year.

Reply #149

My comment reffered to the lack of a tackle, not how he has played today generally.