Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC (Read 39175 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC

I was tempted to start off with a Gilbert and Sullivan Patter Song, but I thought I had best be serious for at least a couple of minutes. Will we be serious when the final siren sounds? Stay tuned!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 13: Post Game Patter: Carlton vs GC

Reply #1
B. Gibbs - 3 votes

Reply #2
I'm sure he played his part but Tommy Williamson seemed to have little impact tonight. Besides Gibbs and Doc, we had a heap of players who were involved between 40 - 80 % of the time. 

Reply #3
Had to quickly backspace over my draft post which read "We blew it".

So let me replace that with ... GIBBS!
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #4
As good a game as I've seen Gibbs play. Plenty of quality possessions, kicks goals (even under pressure) and shows a bit of not over the top aggression. Couldn't fault him tonight. Feel really happy for Liam Jones. That's 2 from 2. One more and I'd lock him in for next year. Murph solid. Zac Fisher was sensational in the last as was Jack S and Kreeez. Doc and Simmo fantastic. Well the whole backline really. Gotta feeling we're going to knock off the Tigers next week  ;D

Reply #5
Gibbs was absolutely outstanding with 43 disp, 8 marks, 10 tackles and 2 goals.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
As good a game as I've seen Gibbs play. Plenty of quality possessions, kicks goals (even under pressure) and shows a bit of not over the top aggression. Couldn't fault him tonight. Feel really happy for Liam Jones. That's 2 from 2. One more and I'd lock him in for next year. Murph solid. Zac Fisher was sensational in the last as was Jack S and Kreeez. Doc and Simmo fantastic. Well the whole backline really. Gotta feeling we're going to knock off the Tigers next week  ;D

Worth 2 ist rounders?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #7
Loved this win.

Had to fight all night after missing too many goals. Then had to come back once they had all the momentum and hit the front on their home deck.

Loved how cripps and Kreuzer so often lift when game is on the line. Massive last quarter.

Our kids contribute and simply don't play like kids!

Gibbs best game I've seen him play. And doc and Simmo in the last 5 mins were just amazing.

We're challenged all night. Character win. The rebuilt and speed of our improvement has exceeded my expectations by a mile.

Reply #8
Gee we're a different side than for the last decade and a half. Getting easy to take our vastly improved skills for granted but we've been crying out about it for a long time. Well done BB in doing what other coaches couldn't and improving the skill set across the board.  It was on display tonight, the lack of clangers made poor old Cas's seem even worse.

Reply #9
Gibbs sensational !!!!!!

Reply #10
Gibbs was absolutely outstanding with 43 disp, 8 marks, 10 tackles and 2 goals.

43 touches (game high)
10 tackles (game high)
2 goals (=team high)

and...
7 clearances (2nd only to Cripps)
7 inside 50's (Game high)
2 goal assists (=game high)

Reply #11
Worth 2 ist rounders?
Well if someone wants to give us 2 I'd take them in a heartbeat. Gotta say I have been impressed with Bryce's year given all the pre-season drama. Very Dangerfield like with his professionalism.

Reply #12
Docherty has had 30 disposals with 96.7% efficiency :D

Reply #13
Jack Silvagni looks a bit like a scrawny kid but he's deceptively strong, he'll be very tough to man up in a couple of years.
And they say that his brother is better!

Docherty has had 30 disposals with 96.7% efficiency :D

Docherty is an elite player now, I can't remember the last average game he played.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #14
The big thing for me was how we have not only improved our overall skills but also our consistency of application and our determination. Great signs - I am rapt tonight.
Reality always wins in the end.