Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Commiserations AFL 2020 Rd 15: Carlton vs GWS (Read 14004 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game .......: AFL 2020 Rd 15: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #30
Cream rose to the top and when they clicked into top gear in the last, as usual we have no one to change momentum and no one to make a stand when we need it most.  We are weak as all f*** when we need to be strong and opposition teams know it. To think we have had 5 full years to develop this list and still have no one of any presence when we need it most. Not one! And the midfield group is that undermanned it’s amazing we are even competitive.

HTF are we supposed to beat any decent team when our MC pick all three of Dow, Cottrell and Polson to play at the one time. I mean seriously how dumb are we to not realise that. None of those 3 are even close to AFL standard players and impossible to cover all 3. All that while we have actual players that can play in Kennedy, Cunningham and TDK in the 2nds. Go figure.

Simmo And Eddie are cooked and if either gets another contract we are a joke. I love both of these guys but their finished.

Unless we make some major ballsy trading calls this off season and imo most of our list (except Weitering Walsh and TDK) should not be off the trade table - no more next fking year - has to happen this trade period.  Just have to get some serious talent in otherwise this list will never be a serious contender.

Reply #31
10 players with less than 10 possessions.
These players remind me of some guys I work with. They turn up most days, accept a pay check every week, but they don’t actually DO anything.
Sam Walsh the exception tonight.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #32
I feel confused 😕
It's like we get the game on our terms, leading most of the night. Then we somehow execute a U-turn undoing all the good work. Bugger me. How is that even possible?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #33
SPS looked injured, should not have played.....

Reply #34
Two weeks in a row H could have had big bags. Such a very long way to go to compete for a spot in the 8.

He could've iced the game in the 3rd qtr. We should've been alot more than 15pts ahead at 3/4 time.

Oh well, we'll likely get to 8-9 then dwell on what might've been.

Reply #35
Off to the backed, cracked and sacked thread.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
I feel confused 😕
It's like we get the game on our terms, leading most of the night. Then we somehow execute a U-turn undoing all the good work. Bugger me. How is that even possible?

Last two weeks have been super high stakes and unfortunately we $hit the bed both times after turning in front.

Reply #38
McGovern in helps McKay who should have really put the game away.
Agreed.

I think our big problem is not McKay, McGovern or Casboult, our problem is rubbish kicking. Even when guys like McGovern and McKay have front position on the lead we kick it on their head, over and over and over again. Then fans slight the forwards because they can't take contested marks reliably. Nothing I saw tonight changes my opinion.

After a while we get gun shy, and start puling stupid short kicks and other toe stubbing rubbish, or kicking it long to Betts on the lead against two Giants! This is the bad old Carlton coming out, and something needs to change in this regard.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
Eddie looks gone, played on the kid Aish and couldnt get near it all night....

Reply #40
Said it in the in-game thread, but it needs to be repeated.

1.9 after quarter time, does NOT win you games.

And we were one of the best teams to watch not long ago. Since we've been on free-to-air TV again we've forgotten what got us there. We are not good enough yet. and it really irritates me. We had chances even late in the game. What's happened to Jack martin's left foot? Has it fallen off? And yet he was so good early.
I am tired of seeing the sort of rubbish we delivered.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Commiserations AFL 2020 Rd 15: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #41
If there's a reason we recruited let alone play McGovern, I'd love to know it.

The manner in which we play half way reflects the standards we accept. Can't blame the umpires, blame the setup. 

Reply #42
Pittonet is honest but all those that were saying after 2 games we should retire  Kruezer as we have a replacement are kidding themself.

Kruezer on half a leg contributes more Pittonet around the ground his kicking for goal is horrendous.

TDK looks to have big future but losing Phillips for Pittonet as well as choosing Eddie over butler are more trades that make you scratch your head.

Reply #43
Agreed.

I think our big problem is not McKay, McGovern or Casboult, our problem is a rubbish kicking. Even when guys like McGovern and McKay have front position on the lead we kick it on their head, over and over and over again. Then fans slight the forwards because they can't take contested marks reliably. Nothing I saw tonight changes my opinion.

After a while we get gun shy, and start puling stupid short kicks and other toe stubbing rubbish, or kicking it long to Betts on the lead against two Giants! This is the bad old Carlton coming out, and something needs to change in this regard.
Our kicking tonight was diabolical. I couldn't watch it. Time and again, we had open targets to think too slowly or to kick/handball too poorly.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #44
I feel confused 😕
We Are Carlton
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time