Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 10: Pre Game Irritation: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 23636 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 10: Pre Game Irritation: Carlton vs Geelong

This game at Geelong on a Saturday is one of the biggest insults we've had to put up with ever. As a Geelong home game at Geelong, they are treating it like they do interstate games. There are 1000 seats for Carlton supporters. Repeat and stress: 1000 places only. This was confirmed and explained at the AGM. I was not impressed then and I am even less impressed now, especially as I won't be at the game. I was not able to get one of 1000 tickets. We have a huge supporter base and over 50 000 members, yet less than 1 in 50 of our MEMBERS can get a seat. Where does that leave the thousands of supporters?

I find this very hard to comprehend, to be honest.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 10: Pre Game Irritation: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
I got tickets for me and the kids, snapped them up the morning they became available (months ago). Looking forward to only driving 20 min each way rather than 2 hrs each way! Mind you, I think the Cats will be pretty grumpy given the touch up the Drug Cheats are giving them at the moment

Reply #2
Been to one game in Geelong, years ago. Probably will never go to another.........
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
Really simple...
Come with a strong effort and attitude and we're a chance.
Bring today's effort and we'll be done by 100 again

Reply #4
Really simple...
Come with a strong effort and attitude and we're a chance.
Bring today's effort and we'll be done by 100 again

We should rebound, but its unfortunate  Geelong got beat by a rubbish unit like Essendon and the holy trinity had bad games.....we will need a miracle of sorts as they will rebound as well.
What I didnt like was our last quarter effort, you can get beat by a lot but keep trying but we gave up and thats not a good sign leading into another game, we needed to rebound in that last quarter'
and set up for next week but we meekly folded. Bolton gave them a rev but no response...I'd be making 5-6 changes on that basis and maybe going kids like Polsen, Cunningham as well as Weitering, the Curnows and maybe Shaw who might give me a contest. Mullett and OShea as certain outs, Murphy inj.....Kerr stays in.......Garlett out and I'd drop Plowman too.
Graham would start in the middle with Cripps to reward and encourage him.....Jones on Blicavs to play that roaming tall man role...
Tempted to play Philips as well...Kreuzer looked a bit knackered after having Gawn for company all day and I want some options.....

Reply #5
I think that Silvagni should play, he doesn't get big numbers but he brings something intangible and I think that the team looks better with him in it.
Weitering is a must, if I never see O'Shea in a Carlton jumper again I'll be happy.
Cunningham for Mullet, Polson too at a pinch for either of Kerridge, Lamb or Garlett.
I'd drop Rowe, I think he's done.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #6
I think that Silvagni should play, he doesn't get big numbers but he brings something intangible and I think that the team looks better with him in it.

I wanted SoJ in this week against Hogan, when Hogan was running on the ball SoJ should have been his shadow, Hogan is in his first season as a mid.

We can't bring the kid in against Ablett, Selwood and Dangerfield, that would be completely unfair! Which based on our MC's recent history, is exactly what they will do!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #7
Graham would start in the middle with Cripps to reward and encourage him.....Jones on Blicavs to play that roaming tall man role...
Tempted to play Philips as well...Kreuzer looked a bit knackered after having Gawn for company all day and I want some options.....

Agree with all this, Jones needs to find a role outside D50 and we keep hearing he's a training beast, it's time to prove it!

We have certain strengths, we need to play to them.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Bad day. Cripps and Murphy aside, that was the worst tackling by a Carlton side I can remember. Bring in Silvagni, at least he'll tackle someone if he can catch them

Reply #9
We should rebound, but its unfortunate  Geelong got beat by a rubbish unit like Essendon and the holy trinity had bad games.....we will need a miracle of sorts as they will rebound as well.
What I didnt like was our last quarter effort, you can get beat by a lot but keep trying but we gave up and thats not a good sign leading into another game, we needed to rebound in that last quarter'
and set up for next week but we meekly folded. Bolton gave them a rev but no response...I'd be making 5-6 changes on that basis and maybe going kids like Polsen, Cunningham as well as Weitering, the Curnows and maybe Shaw who might give me a contest. Mullett and OShea as certain outs, Murphy inj.....Kerr stays in.......Garlett out and I'd drop Plowman too.

Agree with this bar the Phillips bit. No more 2 ruckmen. Does nothing for us and failed every time.

Reply #10
Bad day. Cripps and Murphy aside, that was the worst tackling by a Carlton side I can remember. Bring in Silvagni, at least he'll tackle someone if he can catch them
Actually we won the tackles 89-81. Probably 2nd to the ball syndrome unfortunately.

Reply #11
Actually we won the tackles 89-81. Probably 2nd to the ball syndrome unfortunately.

Melbourne players were just standing up in our tackles and dishing it off.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #12

Petracca, Oliver, Hogan, etc., etc., are all about 187cm or taller and 85-90kg, and their small mids are rock hard like Viney.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Need a stat on "broken tackles", we set a new record today

Reply #14

Didn't say they were good tackles..lol.