Skip to main content
Topic: Announce Your Arrival (Read 26728 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Announce Your Arrival

Reply #30
Just curious, how can I get my avatar to show up bigger in the forums ? I tried unloading then reloading it, but it still seems to be the same size. According to my image viewer program (Preview on a Mac) the actual image I'm using is 310x232 pixels.

Try uploading it again. If you look at the properties of the current one in you profile it is 65x38 which makes sense because previously the limit was 65x65 and it would have been resized to keep the proportion right.

Spanner,

thanks for your help. I still can't get it to appear bigger. I have tried creating a copy of this image at 100 pixel width, I have tried converting the original 310x232 png to a jpg, but it still looks small. It's probably me, but I can't seem to get this right.

Reply #31
Sorry about the schoolboy humour of my new username (Benny Hill reference. Gold!). You may remember me from previous posts on the old site as "Dommo25" with the Vinnie Catoggio avatar.
There's another 'Dom'(inator) who pre-dates my joining, so time for a change.  Now, where were we? Oh yeah, those Essendon lying, cheating sons of b*tches  ...
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #32
Present.

Reply #33
I have arrived!!
Love the new avatar, mbb.

Yes, the crashlander has arrived, and in not too many pieces. Hope you like the Spock avatar.

By the way, many thanks to Spanner for his remarkable job at getting things up and going.

I hope to see many others appearing very soon!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #34
You spend the afternoon at Disney Princesses on Ice and look what happens!

Reply #35
I m going to need adjustment therapy
Funny the previous server mirrors our teams performance, chokes in increased traffic

Reply #36
Couldn't log in for ages, email activation wouldn't work, then tried again and bingo!
New site looks good, thanks to the admins.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #37
I'm here. Well done Spanner!

Reply #38
Couldn't log in for ages, email activation wouldn't work, then tried again and bingo!
New site looks good, thanks to the admins.

I didn't get my email so I asked for a re-send but it didn't turn up so I tried logging in anyway and it worked  :)  Hopefully that doesn't mean I'll be de-activated.....could be painful  :o

Thanks to all involved in getting the new site up and running - it looks great!

Reply #39
Present

Congratulations on a great site.

Much prefer the white background. Easier to read.  :)

Reply #40
A quick bit of housekeeping.....
Some activation e-mails were finding their way to the spam/junk e-mail sections.
If you know of anyone who is having difficulty registering get them to check there.
If it's another problem let one of the mods know

Reply #41
Wow. Thanks for getting me in spanner. I've been trying now for a few hours with no chance of getting in. You finally got me in champ. I hope it doesn't take me forever to understand how to use this site. Us bugs keep life simple you know. ;D
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #42
Im back.  Sorry to all who didnt enjoy my posts, just continue ignoring them if you have to.

Anyone heard from Zwarry, and another I would be pleased to see back is Gozza.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #43
Jell here, new name. Mixing it up a bit ;)

Reply #44
A quick bit of housekeeping.....
Some activation e-mails were finding their way to the spam/junk e-mail sections.
If you know of anyone who is having difficulty registering get them to check there.
If it's another problem let one of the mods know

I tried logging in and it said the username didn't exist, so I clicked on activation email which it said had been sent but nothing arrived, checked the junk/spam files as well, so I tried to register again and that seemed to go OK but again I didn't receive an email.
Eventually I tried logging in again using my old username and password and it worked, why it didn't the first time is a mystery.
The problem some people might have is that they can't login or register and can't post their problems either, they'll be stuck in limbo, maybe the admins need to provide a contact email for a week or two.
Glad to be here anyway, it's a nice site.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.