Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 0R 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Brisbane v Carlton (Read 3478 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 0R 2024 Pre Game Prognostications Brisbane v Carlton

Reply #15
With his injuries and cancer he had to reinvent himself as he couldn't defend like he used to. The backline has been better since he moved out of it and he has been better since he has established himself as a legit midfielder.

I think that our midfield functions better with Docherty in the mix.  He's a point of difference in that he is an instinctive defender.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
Haven't beaten Brisbane for an awful long time.  I think the last time we won was Teague's first game as coach. Our midfield needs to fire and if you shut down Neale they tend to struggle. Their forwards are dangerous and we are missing our best defender and defensive leader. I believe their defence is good except when it isn't. When things go wrong they can be scored against both heavily and quickly. It will be interesting what our side looks like considering the injuries we have to key personnel but I think it will be our attitude which determines how we go.
The question we must answer is are we satisfied with last season or do we want to go all the way?

Reply #17
Haven't beaten Brisbane for an awful long time.  I think the last time we won was Teague's first game as coach. Our midfield needs to fire and if you shut down Neale they tend to struggle. Their forwards are dangerous and we are missing our best defender and defensive leader. I believe their defence is good except when it isn't. When things go wrong they can be scored against both heavily and quickly. It will be interesting what our side looks like considering the injuries we have to key personnel but I think it will be our attitude which determines how we go.
The question we must answer is are we satisfied with last season or do we want to go all the way?
R12 2019, Teague's first game as coach. Their fwd line, IMO, is the best and bats the deepest of any in the comp (when they are on).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
R12 2019, Teague's first game as coach.
Was at that game - loved it!! Unfortunately another false dawn. Let's hope we don't have to go through another.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #19
Minimum six starting 25 players will be missing
Zac Williams
Jack Silvagni
Jacob Weitering
Sam Walsh
Jack Martin
Caleb Marchbank

Good test to see how deep this list bats against one of the best sides on their home turf.

Reply #20
Minimum six starting 25 players will be missing
Zac Williams
Jack Silvagni
Jacob Weitering
Sam Walsh
Jack Martin
Caleb Marchbank

Good test to see how deep this list bats against one of the best sides on their home turf.

Only Weitering and Walsh were in everyone on this forum's best side, Martin was in most.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #21
Only Weitering and Walsh were in everyone on this forum's best side, Martin was in most.

Pinot did say “starting 25” and his six players would probably be in the side or vying for selection if fit. 

I’d say Owies, small Durds and Lij Hollands would be serious contenders too and Mirkov is probably our only unavailable player who wouldn’t be seriously considered by the MC.

Anyway, it is what it is and Nick Austin’s job is to build a list with the depth to cover first choice players.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
My mistake on the 25.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #23
Back in the day we used to have posters who used to give us some great, detailed reports from training sessions.
It's something we don't see much any more which is a shame
But in it's absence here's a bit of a chat about the last training session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VU3M7elMt0

Don't expect anything too earth shattering, it's just a bit of "chewing the fat" ....but there are a few snippets.
Voss not entirely happy with the effort.
Carroll, O'Keeffe caught the eye.

(If anyone can get along to training it would be great to get their reports as the season progresses.)

Reply #24
Thank you Lods, had been looking for comments on how our second tier players performed in the AFL & VFL matches last week.. So good to hear that Carol & Hudson O'Keefe went okay. We might need O'Keefe rucking in the A team this year!

Any thoughts on how Harry Lemmey, Jaxon Binns, Lachlan Cowan and Ashton Moir performed in either game?

cheers Ab

Reply #25
Walsh will miss the Bris and Rich games
Motlop will miss with a jarred toe
Marchbank has had a virus for 2 months or something like that
Williams has been managed since his run in the 2s
If true, then for me its:

Edited after reading Vossy confirmed Zaccy W will play
Saad Young Newman
Williams Kemp/Durdin McGovern
Hollands Cripps Acres
De Koning Cerra Docherty
Cunningham Curnow Hewett
Fantasia McKay Fogarty
Kennedy Cottrell Pitonet Boyd Cincotta(s)

Will be Kemp or Big Durds?
I cant see how we can field anyone else.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #26
What virus does Marchbank have?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
What virus does Marchbank have?
Dunno, I have heard Covid, I have also heard he hasn't trained with the group for a couple of months. Dont know which is true but its Marchy, he'll miss with something.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #28
I'm not buying it
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!