Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 29801 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #240
He probably hasn't received the credit he's deserved for yesterday...other things have occupied our minds but...

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-05-27/blues-duo-features-in-aflca-votes

The captain was joined by a resurgent Levi Casboult among the votes against the Saints.
Stationed in his new role in defence for the third consecutive game, Casboult received two votes for his strong performance down back.
Recording the second-most one percenters out of anyone on the weekend, seven of Casboult’s 12 disposals were intercept possessions.

What I liked about Levi's game, apart from his physicality, was his decision-making in terms of spoiling or going for the mark.  I guess that, as a forward, his focus was all about marking but key forwards that can rack up the one percenters are as scarce as hen's teeth. Levi was effective in the ruck too.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #241
What I liked about Levi's game, apart from his physicality, was his decision-making in terms of spoiling or going for the mark.  I guess that, as a forward, his focus was all about marking but key forwards that can rack up the one percenters are as scarce as hen's teeth. Levi was effective in the ruck too.

I too think Levi played well, but it's clear the D50 structures are wrong in Jones absence.

Before Jones went down as a D50 group they were at the top of their game, as long as the midfield is pulling it's defensive running weight! When the midfield stops chasing we get Norp or GWS results!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #242
Am I the only one who has heart in throat whenever Levi got near it?

I kept waiting for a stuff up.  His inability to kick well also left me worried about switching the play and I often wondered whether or not this contributed to our inability to use the corridor at of defense or whether or not his teammates think similarly.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #243
Am I the only one who has heart in throat whenever Levi got near it?

I kept waiting for a stuff up.  His inability to kick well also left me worried about switching the play and I often wondered whether or not this contributed to our inability to use the corridor at of defense or whether or not his teammates think similarly.

He did well, Thry, credit where credit is due.

He's much better when he isn't hearing footsteps, he likes the play in front of him with little or no chance of someone coming up from behind. Also he is not a bad field kick.

Do you like the new more physical Levi?

I think we've missed a trick by not playing him like Gehrig on the wing, Levi is certainly aerobic enough compared to the match ups opposition need. If we did that we could partition the field and allow Kreuzer to cover less ground, and our under the pump defence would know exactly where to kick the football for the out, just keep Levi and McKay on opposite wings with McGovern and Charlie the F50 mobile targets!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #244
Funny you should say that LP.

Hawthorn were playing Ceglar on the wing a couple of weeks ago and they were going long to him after their initial kick in and he was just too tall for his opponent.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #245
Thryleon.....my heart goes into my mouth when Dow gets it!

Reply #247
Thryleon.....my heart goes into my mouth when Dow gets it!
mine doesn't.

I know Dow is going to miss and hope that he doesn't.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #248
Dow's draft year is all struggling at the moment.  

Richards has gone backwards.  
Rayner struggletown and suggestions he should be dropped.   Is playing a hard role.
Brayshaw and Cerra good on the weekend have produce similar numbers to the year before.
Clark and Coffield can't get a game
LDC likewise.

Reckon the 2nd year Blues and the fitness staff trying to get some miles into their legs has played a part.

He fatigues badly and like most fatigued players his disposal is sloppy as a result.

With fitness he will have more time and space and will make better decisions.

Watch the replay of his goal against GC last year and bare in mind Hugh McCluggage's improvement in his 3rd year.

In short cool your jets.

Reply #249
Stephenson is going okay.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #250
Stephenson is going okay.

He is.   Higgins similar numbers.   Naughton much better.   Worpell started like a house on fire, but his last couple of weeks have been down

Reply #251
Dow's draft year is all struggling at the moment.  

Richards has gone backwards.  
Rayner struggletown and suggestions he should be dropped.   Is playing a hard role.
Brayshaw and Cerra good on the weekend have produce similar numbers to the year before.
Clark and Coffield can't get a game
LDC likewise.

Reckon the 2nd year Blues and the fitness staff trying to get some miles into their legs has played a part.

He fatigues badly and like most fatigued players his disposal is sloppy as a result.

With fitness he will have more time and space and will make better decisions.

Watch the replay of his goal against GC last year and bare in mind Hugh McCluggage's improvement in his 3rd year.

In short cool your jets.

McCLuggage is more like Walsh IMO, Dow was a burst player at TAC level getting 35 touches a match but he did butcher a lot of ball and his disposal wasnt his
strong point. But he made up for with goals and constantly being on the move and hard to catch.

Reply #252
Interesting umpiring stat last week. Ex-St.Kilda player Leigh Fisher, 15 frees to 3 St.Kilda's way, apparently contributed 4.3 to their score, the other two umpires 16-20 Carlton's way.

Reply #253
Interesting laj....surely with the roster of umpires available, Fisher shouldn't be umpiring games for a club that he played for?

Reply #254
Interesting umpiring stat last week. Ex-St.Kilda player Leigh Fisher, 15 frees to 3 St.Kilda's way, apparently contributed 4.3 to their score, the other two umpires 16-20 Carlton's way.

I saw this yesterday, but dismissed it as 'fake' news....is it possible to verify this at all?
Finals, then 4 in a row!