Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 29992 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #30
Much of the sloppiness around the middle and the shamble that is our forward line are more down to assistant coaches. For all those bagging the head coach the focus needs to be on the effectiveness of our midfield coaching and the link up forward.

Gosh we are so hard to watch.

The assistant coaches are picked by the head coach ffs....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #31
I have a really dumb idea that just might work. Can we request the AFL allow us to merge with North. Surely we could merge some of their skilled and hardened bodies to our squad to make a side that wins games.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #32
We'll all take what we want from the game.

My take...
We were better than last week (couldn't possibly be much worse)
The players did come to play, and the effort and attitude early on was quite good.
They did fly the flag when teammates were monstered
But I suspect it reached a point around the end of the first quarter where they felt they'd done enough to exorcise the ghosts of last week and they dropped the intensity.
Too many went missing after a good start.
Our skill level remains deplorable especially when a little bit of pressure is applied.
and finally....
The umpires were horrendous, and I'm one who normally just ignores it when folks blame the umpiring, but...
We need to make a formal complaint about it....because there were enough examples today of just terrible decisions.

Reply #33
I have a really dumb idea that just might work. Can we request the AFL allow us to merge with North. Surely we could merge some of their skilled and hardened bodies to our squad to make a side that wins games.

Do you know that was the substance of my very first post on the forum back in 2002.
A merger with North.
Folks were pretty kind in retrospect...we were all a little shell-chocked in those days.
If only we'd known then it was about to get a whole lot worse.

Reply #34
If Bolton got sacked tonight, would he have the worst win/loss record ever of AFL coaches (barring a few interim coaches)?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #35
If Bolton got sacked tonight, would he have the worst win/loss record ever of AFL coaches (barring a few interim coaches)?
Dew's is worse for now.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #36
In short, and atrocious umpiring aside, we just do not have a clue about playing footy at this level - basically completely disorganised and running around like headless chooks. I cannot see us winning another game in the foreseeable future. I am demoralised.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #37
Do you know that was the substance of my very first post on the forum back in 2002.
A merger with North.
Folks were pretty kind in retrospect...we were all a little shell-chocked in those days.
If only we'd known then it was about to get a whole lot worse.

The Blue Roos -  :(

Reply #38
In short, and atrocious umpiring aside, we just do not have a clue about playing footy at this level - basically completely disorganised and running around like headless chooks. I cannot see us winning another game in the foreseeable future. I am demoralised.

Cookie, Got a injury ravaged Bombers next week coached by a bloke who probably wont have a job at years end, if we lose to our bitches in Essendon then I think
thats total regression and Brad Scott might get a call or two but IMO we can win next week but I dont think it will change much.

Reply #39
Much of the sloppiness around the middle and the shamble that is our forward line are more down to assistant coaches. For all those bagging the head coach the focus needs to be on the effectiveness of our midfield coaching and the link up forward.

Gosh we are so hard to watch.

The senior coach is responsible for the assistant coaches, he's their leader, he's the one who is accountable. If they're not following instructions or stuffing up, well he's had 3 1/2 years to fix it/to set a culture for the assistant coaches to fit into. The buck must stop somewhere and throwing the blame all about the place let's him off.. and other senior people at the club.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #40
I take no pleasure in saying I told you so. Again, I'm gutted, where to now? I agree with Cokkie in that we wont win a game in the foreseeable future. I have felt like this since the North game to be honest.
Just a shambles of a football team devoid of any confidence. As soon as the opposition turns up the wick we got to water. Peg it back to 5 points and thats it, no fight whatsover after that.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
Cookie, Got a injury ravaged Bombers next week coached by a bloke who probably wont have a job at years end, if we lose to our bitches in Essendon then I think
thats total regression and Brad Scott might get a call or two but IMO we can win next week but I dont think it will change much.

Thanks EB - it conjures up a picture of two starving men fighting for that last crust of stale bread before they have to negotiate the Canning Stock Route on foot.  :(

Reply #42

Sorry dude. You know I love you to bits an especially your work. You said the same last week about the Saints. Do I need to find the post for you? We are f@ck next. Mark my words now.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #43
Kreuzer needs replacing, had zero tackles for the game and doesnt influence games and we have poor depth, agree the coaching aint great but the recruiting needs to be looked at....another bandaid in Deluca about to be picked up. Too many pretty 1st round picks but not enough footballers willing to put in on the line...eg Marchbank got bumped off the ball by a midget like Parker at a crucial time, we are so soft and  fragile its sad to watch. Kids like Stocker flying the flag and having to put up with zero support.

Unusual for Kreuzer not to have any tackles as that's a decent point usually, and I've certainly seen him be influential. I think what we have put together is alright just most of them would have no idea of their roles, or, in a couple of cases, lost confidence to the point of being shattered. Look what we did to Weitering last year. Give him a proper role that he understands and he's suddenly a decent player. Coaching is a big issue.

Reply #44
Watching us is like watching a side without coaches - directionless, systemless, confused, and at times aimless. Though, early on, there was genuine spirit and endeavour... until our opponents applied serious pressure and we resorted to type - poos in pants. Probably the most undisciplined side in the competition.

Had the Aints kicked straight it would have been a comfortable 5 gl win for them (8 more shots on goal... thank the gods for their inaccuracy).

Something is very, very wrong when talented players seem to go backwards in their development.

Enough is enough.

Swallow your pride MLG, OUR club is in serious trouble and your faith is misguided.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17