Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 29992 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #45
Unusual for Kreuzer not to have any tackles as that's a decent point usually, and I've certainly seen him be influential. I think what we have put together is alright just most of them would have no idea of their roles, or, in a couple of cases, lost confidence to the point of being shattered. Look what we did to Weitering last year. Give him a proper role that he understands and he's suddenly a decent player. Coaching is a big issue.
I was quite disappointed with big K today. We lost the hit outs to a second rate ruck. I expected better from kreuzer.

Reply #46
Sorry dude. You know I love you to bits an especially your work. You said the same last week about the Saints. Do I need to find the post for you? We are f@ck next. Mark my words now.

Agree Mants..I have been trying to find ways for us to win but its getting harder, Essendon is probably my last roll of the dice for a win in the near future.
Dont think even a win next week though is going to stop the winds of change and the pressure on the club is now at breaking point, I'd expect some action
if we lose next week vs a traditional enemy who we dominate usually.

PS you dont need to find that post for me and if you do just get the mods to delete it as its not my finest work... ;)

Reply #47
We should be playing two rucks if we want Kreuzer to still be playing when we are better.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #48
Sorry dude. You know I love you to bits an especially your work. You said the same last week about the Saints. Do I need to find the post for you? We are f@ck next. Mark my words now.

Agree. Will need everything to go our way to have any chance next week - highly unlikely we beat them - They beat us when they had there top up team FFS.

No one wants to have the shame to lose to us so they just wont let it happen. Those narrow loses stuffed our confidence and our boys are gone before they run thru the banner. We look ok when we are on top but as soon as any sort of resistance comes we turn to sh1t.

Be very surprised to see another win this year.  We are by far the worse team in it....and all those that like to talk up all the early picks and potential young talent we have, time to call it as it is.....nice to be positive but comes a point where you need to just call it as it is, and the truth is we are awful.

Reply #49
Watching us is like watching a side without coaches - directionless, systemless, confused, and at times aimless. Though, early on, there was genuine spirit and endeavour... until our opponents applied serious pressure and we resorted to type - poos in pants. Probably the most undisciplined side in the competition.

Had the Aints kicked straight it would have been a comfortable 5 gl win for them (8 more shots on goal... thank the gods for their inaccuracy).

Something is very, very wrong when talented players seem to go backwards in their development.

Enough is enough.

Swallow your pride MLG, OUR club is in serious trouble and your faith is misguided.

Just think of the Roman Army Baggers - organised, disciplined, knew their roles, well led. They got done over a few times but would pretty much always beat savage barbarian armies of highly ferocious individual warriors who in some cases had them heavily outnumbered. Our guys have little idea of their roles and are very poorly prepared and drilled. Wonder who that may be down to?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #50
We should be playing two rucks if we want Kreuzer to still be playing when we are better.

Need a new ruckman IMO, he should have dominated Marshall but he seems to struggle vs the bigger awkward types.....
In fact we need a new ruck division...Lobbe is shot and Philips is handy backup only....TDK still a novice.

Reply #51
Need a new ruckman IMO, he should have dominated Marshall but he seems to struggle vs the bigger awkward types.....
In fact we need a new ruck division...Lobbe is shot and Philips is handy backup only....TDK still a novice.

Kreuzer looks shot tbh.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #52
I was quite disappointed with big K today. We lost the hit outs to a second rate ruck. I expected better from kreuzer.
You have your days but he's the least of our issues.

Reply #53
Agree. Will need everything to go our way to have any chance next week - highly unlikely we beat them - They beat us when they had there top up team FFS.

No one wants to have the shame to lose to us so they just wont let it happen. Those narrow loses stuffed our confidence and our boys are gone before they run thru the banner. We look ok when we are on top but as soon as any sort of resistance comes we turn to sh1t.

Be very surprised to see another win this year.  We are by far the worse team in it....and all those that like to talk up all the early picks and potential young talent we have, time to call it as it is.....nice to be positive but comes a point where you need to just call it as it is, and the truth is we are awful.

We find a way of beating Essendon even when we are horrible. Don't ask me how it happens.

Won't be tipping us though..lol.

Reply #54
I take no pleasure in saying I told you so. Again, I'm gutted, where to now? I agree with Cokkie in that we wont win a game in the foreseeable future. I have felt like this since the North game to be honest.
Just a shambles of a football team devoid of any confidence. As soon as the opposition turns up the wick we got to water. Peg it back to 5 points and thats it, no fight whatsover after that.

No.
You were right.
I think some of us were basing our win predictions on the back of the player meeting.
Those type of things often work and teams come with an improved attitude and effort.
And  they did today.... for a while, but they couldn't sustain it.

Reply #55
Just think of the Roman Army Baggers - organised, disciplined, knew their roles, well led. They got done over a few times but would pretty much always beat savage barbarian armies of highly ferocious individual warriors who in some cases had them heavily outnumbered. Our guys have little idea of their roles and are very poorly prepared and drilled. Wonder who that may be down to?

Yep. Well said, Fluffy One.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #56
No more meetings at the club. None unless we win a game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #57
Once again handballs seemed to be a factor.
They used it often and well to get out of trouble, or to set up a forward drive...some of their passes seemed instinctive, like they knew a player would be there.
We don't have that.

Reply #58
Agree Mants..I have been trying to find ways for us to win but its getting harder, Essendon is probably my last roll of the dice for a win in the near future.
Dont think even a win next week though is going to stop the winds of change and the pressure on the club is now at breaking point, I'd expect some action
if we lose next week vs a traditional enemy who we dominate usually.

PS you dont need to find that post for me and if you do just get the mods to delete it as its not my finest work... ;)

I was the same. Thought we'd account for the Aints today. They had some important outs and were vulnerable but beat us with sustained, disciplined footy without any real stars. And, like you, I'm confident (hopeful!!) we'll account for a depleted cheats.com.au We can beat sides that are in poor form - which is feint praise.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #59
Once again handballs seemed to be a factor.
They used it often and well to get out of trouble, or to set up a forward drive...some of their passes seemed instinctive, like they knew a player would be there.
We don't have that.
What do we have  ???