Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 29990 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #75
Ummm have you watched how the ball comes in?
Do you honestly think any forward line would perform?
Ummm did you see the positioning of the fwds today?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #76
Was at the game and it felt like watching the under 5s - basically a rolling scrimmage with no system or structure. Painful to watch.

Couldnt really have picked out any stand out players but Casboult stood out, which is great for him, but also an indictment on the club.

Plowman has to go.
Dow makes lots of mistakes but I’d definitely persist.
Kennedy & Silvagni painfully slow.
Nothing in the 2s.

They were talking up the return of Plowman before the game.
Makes bad decisions and fumbles a lot.
Other than that he’s ok

Reply #77

Yeah I did.
The whole team is a mess, and you want to single out the forwards.
Early in the game they were fine.
Then we didn’t win any footy.
Conversion rate for forward entries was ok for most of the first half.
Are they perfect, no, but ffs it’s like trying to win an F1 race with a commodore

Reply #78

I don't give a toss whether it's the players or the coach's fault...it's unacceptable for all these blokes - players and coaches - to dish that rubbish up at this level.

ps I'm talking about the entire 22, not just the 3 key forwards.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Re: pg

Reply #79
and SPS.

And Weitering - he's way off today.

He doesn’t cope well with mid sized physical, quick opposition. Why the coach didn’t say, I don’t know, swap him with McGovern for a spell to see what would happen? McGovern was doing two shakes of f-all anyway. At least Weitering can take a mark and force the Saints to re-asses? Who knows. I’m just sick of it. Maybe Andy Maher was right about the word on the street that Bolton is a stubborn guy. I think inept is more apt.

MLG. Step up to the Plate. Call for an independent review, right now. State that all positions are under Review. Ideally, I’d love Bolton to be sacked now, to give some assistant 12 games to try his luck and also prove to would be coaches like Longmire, Roos, Scott that we can play. There is no point waiting any longer for Bolton to prove that he cannot get 4 quarters of effort out of a team and have them working as a unit, with a clear system. Ideally Roos - until Clarkson’s contract is up in 3 years and then we nab him. Bolton cannot seem to make logical decisions, promptly, on game day and plays his favourites. Please just walk the plank. Even if we beat Essendon next week, it just feels to me like holding back the inevitable at this point. At this point we are doing more damage to the brand than we are working on building success.
Keep the Faith

Reply #80
Bolton may be stubborn, but our players have no confidence and don't work hard enough. I can't say the same things every week for the other teams going around, not every week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #81
Bolton may be stubborn, but our players have no confidence and don't work hard enough. I can't say the same things every week for the other teams going around, not every week.

A real concern for me is our “younger” mids and their lack of possessions.
Everyone says they need time to build up their tank.
How is it that Walsh out works SPS, Fisher, Dow and Murphy every week?

Reply #82
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Cripps's first 15 -20 minutes were outstanding.
The guy looked like he was determined to drag the rest of them along with him to fulfil the promise of the players meeting.
Unfortunately after a good start they dropped off and he couldn't carry them any further,

Reply #83
I don't give a toss whether it's the players or the coach's fault...it's unacceptable for all these blokes - players and coaches - to dish that rubbish up at this level.

X2.

Excuses are done. Is anyone watching our games and feeling positive, at alll? About any of them?

Reply #84
He doesn’t cope well with mid sized physical, quick opposition. Why the coach didn’t say, I don’t know, swap him with McGovern for a spell to see what would happen? McGovern was doing two shakes of f-all anyway. At least Weitering can take a mark and force the Saints to re-asses? Who knows. I’m just sick of it. Maybe Andy Maher was right about the word on the street that Bolton is a stubborn guy. I think inept is more apt.

MLG. Step up to the Plate. Call for an independent review, right now. State that all positions are under Review. Ideally, I’d love Bolton to be sacked now, to give some assistant 12 games to try his luck and also prove to would be coaches like Longmire, Roos, Scott that we can play. There is no point waiting any longer for Bolton to prove that he cannot get 4 quarters of effort out of a team and have them working as a unit, with a clear system. Ideally Roos - until Clarkson’s contract is up in 3 years and then we nab him. Bolton cannot seem to make logical decisions, promptly, on game day and plays his favourites. Please just walk the plank. Even if we beat Essendon next week, it just feels to me like holding back the inevitable at this point. At this point we are doing more damage to the brand than we are working on building success.

There is no point keeping Bolton past - tomorrow.

The players won't play for him - they were - as a Group - lazy again today. Lazy mentally and lazy physically....

After quarter time we seldom had equal numbers around the ball?

We only stayed close due to St Kilda's own ineptitude!

It really should have been 40+ at half time....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85

No argument from me on that mate.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #86
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Cripps's first 15 -20 minutes were outstanding.
The guy looked like he was determined to drag the rest of them along with him to fulfil the promise of the players meeting.
Unfortunately after a good start they dropped off and he couldn't carry them any further,

Cripps got off to a good start but I thought his opponent Steele was very good with 28 possies and 10 tackles and the Saints mids combined efforts
wore us down. Thought we failed again to help Cripps and the work load is wearing him down....Dow and Fisher were unsighted and Kennedy didnt have any real impact.

Reply #87
Cripps got off to a good start but I thought his opponent Steele was very good with 28 possies and 10 tackles and the Saints mids combined efforts
wore us down. Thought we failed again to help Cripps and the work load is wearing him down....Dow and Fisher were unsighted and Kennedy didnt have any real impact.

Yep Steele was good and kept Cripps honest for most of the day...I just thought Cripps efforts at the start were really good and showed that he at least was prepared to back up the talk with actions...but you don't expect anything less from him..

Funny moment...we had a visitor at one stage and Cripps had the ball lining up for a goal...She said "Is he the captain, he looks about 2", maybe he's still a baby faced assassin.
Maybe we should make him Captain Coach....(on second thoughts we probably don't want him to go into the Black Hole that is the Carlton coaching job).

Reply #88

Kennedy was good early - very good I thought - but faded...

Fisher has lost his mojo, Dow leaves me speechless (in a bad way) and Ed Curnow is treading water.

SOJ was ordinary too.

Gibbons did his job today (other than a few bad decisions)
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #89

It’s like there are 22 blokes all playing their own game, but they just happen to wear the same jumper.
Zero cohesion or team work.
No shepherding or blocks.
Everyone just trying to get a kick away before getting tackled