Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 29987 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #90
Cripps got off to a good start but I thought his opponent Steele was very good with 28 possies and 10 tackles and the Saints mids combined efforts
wore us down. Thought we failed again to help Cripps and the work load is wearing him down....Dow and Fisher were unsighted and Kennedy didnt have any real impact.

EB. If you had the opportunity, who would you try and snag tomorrow and during trade week to specifically help Cripps? Any stand out that you think, yep, he’s the one. Call Juddy and ready the Plane. Is it The Rabbit or someone more imposing who has a bit of Dog in him? You must have a list  :D
Keep the Faith

Reply #91
EB. If you had the opportunity, who would you try and snag tomorrow and during trade week to specifically help Cripps? Any stand out that you think, yep, he’s the one. Call Juddy and ready the Plane. Is it The Rabbit or someone more imposing who has a bit of Dog in him? You must have a list  :D

Grundy

Reply #92
Mitch Robinson.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #94
But it's always Cripps versus the rest.   Where are the other mids?   They should be ashamed of themselves.  Do half of them even turn up?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #95
But it's always Cripps versus the rest.   Where are the other mids?   They should be ashamed of themselves.  Do half of them even turn up?

Well....
I have been saying for a few years, our culture or work ethic, particularly our mids, has been weak for a long long time. Everyone knows we were down hill skiers when Ratts was coach.
Things have never ever changed.

Reply #96
Will the players be satisfied with the level of effort they brought to today's contest?
The big danger is they might be, when in fact they probably need to take it to another level.
They were good for parts, but it wasn't sustained.
We've seen much better this season.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-05-26/ed-sums-up-saints?fbclid=IwAR31e-AhYnZJYwajZPVSRmU92Cr9DDbzXjoCHpoKGfmtef_W3Dhpjz9whkU

Reply #97
Walsh isn't a downhill skier, he's putting some of our so-called highly talented mids to shame every week

Reply #98
Will the players be satisfied with the level of effort they brought to today's contest?
The big danger is they might be, when in fact they probably need to take it to another level.
They were good for parts, but it wasn't sustained.
We've seen much better this season.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-05-26/ed-sums-up-saints?fbclid=IwAR31e-AhYnZJYwajZPVSRmU92Cr9DDbzXjoCHpoKGfmtef_W3Dhpjz9whkU

I saw this on the Club web site - Ed's clearly buying into Bolt's warm and fuzzy mediocrity is ok mantra - cos we're getting better!  :-[ :-[

Disappointing garbage from a senior player.

Our blokes, overall, were poor today. Many were very poor.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #99

Woody ...Coniglio would give us another A grader who would draw a tag and heat off Cripps and is probably one for Matho and some Italian cuisine on the plane.
If I wanted strictly support for Cripps and what he was doing I would look at Luke Shuey who can win his own footy, and is a big time player who can win games and is very durable.

If I wanted to create more depth in the midfield and a bit of everything I would throw lots of money at the Crouch Brothers.....Matt is a class act and wins more ball than most and Brad
while not as good is more than handy and a reasonable size.

You want purely an agro mongrel type then Sam Pepper-Powell would be my choice....

Nice to dream isnt it? :)  re: Grundy...made it clear its Collingwood or back to SA and probably the Crows.

Reply #100
Walsh isn't a downhill skier, he's putting some of our so-called highly talented mids to shame every week

Agree, I said that on the previous page.
Everyone says the fitness base takes years but he out works guys 3 years older

Reply #101

Yep. He really puts in. For someone who got out of nappies 10 minutes ago, playing in a struggling team, with all the external pressure / coaching questions swirling around, it's a super effort.

Reply #102
Yep. He really puts in. For someone who got out of nappies 10 minutes ago, playing in a struggling team, with all the external pressure / coaching questions swirling around, it's a super effort.

Agree...the kid pushes himself all the time, disposal has got a bit untidy but thats because he has to do so much and is under pressure.
Like his buddy Stocker too, solid footballer with some attitude to his game and we need that a lot...

Reply #103
Didn’t bother watching the game, I’ve lost all optimism.

Sick of our first round picks not improving - I know it’s hard in a low team when you’re not surrounded by greatness but ffs what needs to happen here for anyone to improve?

Honestly, who has improved? Who is in charge of development?

Why doesn’t anyone want to take the game on and make a pact to work for each other? Sick of watching this stuff, don’t care what has to happen from here but officially I’ve lost my care about feelings or the right thing to do. I want to watch an exciting team full of young stars in the making and I’m seeing better at the suburban grounds on the weekend.  Completely gutted and over it.

Great post, just how I feel watching,just makes me depressed, I’m beyond frustration,won’t talk footy in conversations, I’ve unsubscribed from the fluff the club sends in emails, went to my first game with my dad in 64 loved footy and the blues since. Looked forward to every season even when we knew we were going nowhere but this year has just broken me, rebuild sorry reset hasn’t worked, sorry but even if they turn the corner I’m fried.
Went to the gws v melb game instead today no emotional involvement no pain.
Good luck getting 50000 members next year

Reply #104
I'm really worried about McGovern. When I go to games I like to pick a player and focus on him. Today was McGovern. I know he did his ankle in the last quarter, but up until then he was genuinely aweful. His workrate off the ball was terrible. He just doesn't work hard at all whne the opppostion have the ball, and they looked they they were specifically working the ball through the area that he was defending because they knew he wouldn't do anything to stop them moving the ball through that part of the ground. Very concerning