Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 29973 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion AFL Rd 10: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #180
 laj....probably horses for courses with Levi but if they've got 3 tall forwards and Jones is available, then Marchbank goes out I reckon. Essendon went too big on the weekend in the wet and are without Daniher. They'll lose Stringer and Shiel for this week and for now, I'll take all the help we can get!!!

Reply #181
Rumour has it that the Adelaide Football Club is about to strike a Memorial Plaque in honour of the significant gift they're soon to receive from the Carlton Football Club - the number 1 draft pick in the 2019 draft.

As if giving them Eddie wasn't enough. Does our generosity know no bounds?

;) >:D

Big chance to land Grundy....

Reply #182
I'm still sticking fat with the coach until the end of 2019.  Our list is still young, lots of new players, with not much continuity together over a number of seasons.

However, we are shizen, and we should be better than we are.  There's enough talent, and there's enough experience that we should be win 5 games minimum this season.  The clock is ticking.

The Stocker trade was a good move if you ask me, even though it's looking like it will now blow up in our faces.  Most decisions are easy to pick apart in retrospect.  Very few of us would have expected 1-9 at this stage.  And anyway - I know you do have to factor in what we will end up giving away, but in a way it is irrelevant.  All that matters is what we get back in return, because that is what we get, it really doesn't matter what the crows get.  We get Stocker and pick 12 (at this stage) for our future first rounder.  There are so many ifs and what ifs, it's almost impossible to predict how this will pan out.  In 2-3 years time Stocker might be one of the best mids in the game, and the crows likely pick1 (yes, it does hurt a little to type that) might be a waste of space who never realises his potential. No risk, no reward.

Thing with the swap of picks, remember we got Adelaide's first pick AND Stocker. Not such a bad thing. We'll win the trade, providing we use Adelaide's pick well, just by nowhere near as much as we expected. Other good thing, we don't have the pressure of have to hold the pick 1, we can use Adelaide's pick to trade for a good player.

Reply #183
We still hear the same old claptrap on this forum, sack the coach, sack the players, sack the President, sack the Board sack the staff, sack the assistant coaches, every deal is a dud, nobody is any good, the world is woeful, everyone is against us, they should have listened to me. What is the alternative.
We have the fundamentals of a very good list, the club is an very good shape off the field, and they have a plan that they are sticking to.
Tell me the alternative, who, what, when, where, how and why. Give me the details.

How 'bout you explaining the plan?

Reply #185
We still hear the same old claptrap on this forum, sack the coach, sack the players, sack the President, sack the Board sack the staff, sack the assistant coaches, every deal is a dud, nobody is any good, the world is woeful, everyone is against us, they should have listened to me. What is the alternative.
We have the fundamentals of a very good list, the club is an very good shape off the field, and they have a plan that they are sticking to.
Tell me the alternative, who, what, when, where, how and why. Give me the details.

4 wins from 41, 1-9. the plan isn't working.

First thing is to let the players take the game on. Our 6 best qtrs of football in years (Dogs, 1st half against Hawthorn) happened because the players were able to do that. We looked a very classy, skilled side. Get back to it. A good coach will work a plan around the list, a $hit coach like Bolton is stuck to his plan and stifled the living $hit out of them and smashing their confidence. Do that, start winning games, and much of the rest will look after itself.

Reply #186
Free Agent I think Fly.....if Adelaide offer a monster deal and Grundy chooses it he'll go.....clubs rarely refuse to match it if they know a player wants to leave. Only thing is that the Pies would be spewing if they win the flag and lost Grundy....compensation pick wouldn't be anywhere near what he's worth.

Reply #187
why would the Pies let Grundy go....he's their best player by some margin.

He's already said he is looking to return to Adelaide one day soon. Whether that is next year is another matter.

Reply #188
I'm with you Laj. It looks more like Bolton has lost the players. A couple of times yesterday on TV you could see the frustration on Cripps' face on the bench arguing with Docherty.

Reply #189
why would the Pies let Grundy go....he's their best player by some margin.

Free agency coming up in another year....and talk of massive dollars to keep him. You look at the Pies list and thats
going to be a full salary cap. Grundy has stated he wants to go back to SA at some stage to complete his career.
Best time to strike for Crows is now with our No 1 pick and Pies will get best value for Grundy..
Anderson and Rowell are rated better than Walsh by many in the upcoming draft...

Crows will be trying hard given Jacobs is nearing the end..

Reply #190
How 'bout you explaining the plan?

And there you have it, exactly.

Let the members in on what this strategic plan is. Or is it in tatters, hence the secrecy? Well into the fourth year and on-field is worse. Is this a part of the strategic plan?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #191
I'm with you Laj. It looks more like Bolton has lost the players. A couple of times yesterday on TV you could see the frustration on Cripps' face on the bench arguing with Docherty.

Saw the same thing (just another of the poor body language signals we've all gotten used to). If you're looking for 'disconnect' it would seem the place is full of it.

Reply #192

Well we made Cripps captain, if it was the wrong choice what do we do now?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #193
Big chance to land Grundy....

Wouldn't that be the ultimate irony. Adelaide trade our pick 1 to get Grundy and Rottingwood (the arch enemy) get pick 1 courtesy of the CFC.

Reply #194
Wouldn't that be the ultimate irony. Adelaide trade our pick 1 to get Grundy and Rottingwood (the arch enemy) get pick 1 courtesy of the CFC.

When you trade advanced picks you just have to wear whatever pans out, Nostradamus was a nobody!
The Force Awakens!