Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge- Round 1 Carlton v WCE (Read 58122 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Tonight

Reply #76
A 5 goal gale to one end didn't help.
Ummm, both sides had that end twice each!

How many memberships will you buy after this?
Have a guess? You think that performance sold memberships do you?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #77
Is Ratten allowed to coach us for the next game if MM is unavailable? :o
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #78

maybe 5-6?

Reply #79

maybe 5-6?
lol
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #80
Cripps was good early but faded...
Jaksch....worth the effort to recruit, solid and doesnt do anything stupid...
Boekhorst....I thought he was ok when he had space and time and he can create and find other players..
Dick....didnt make me feel secure..
Tutt....not up to it IMO..
Jones....didnt work hard enough...
Smith...seem to do a lot of running around for not much return, maybe trying too hard..
Bell...was able to compete because has the big frame but like others said was his usual unreliable self in terms of nous and disposal...
Curnow got some footy but I thought Priddis was nearly BOG...like he usually is when he plays us...

Touhy.....didnt mind his game...
Wood...probably not good enough given Lycett and Sinclair are novice rucks...was fair and not our worst but needs to do better...
Buckley.....unsighted
Casboult....needed the run...
Watto....could change places with the other Watto in the test team and the results would be the same.....zero

Not a great effort but that team was light on for mature bodies and we had trouble finding the ball which didnt help Jones, Watson etc.....
The team is very much in the development stage and with so many new players you cant expect them to all know each other games and be able to gel together as a team.
Bit of patience required and we will see how they go next game.....

Reply #81
Walker, Menzel, Murphy, Gibbs, Judd, Krueser, Henderson, Everitt, Thomas, Jamison, Carrazzo

Might find a spot for those 11.

Now this is the most important 'stat' of the game!

I didn't really learn much from the game. Cripps will make it, BB is willing to take the game on and try and use his speed, he also works both ways and defensively is better than some too, which I like.
KJ also has a future. Yarran showed his class, Touhy showed some form. Wood, 3 marks and 11 touches is better than RW's average contribution.
Byrne had 8 touches and must be ahead of Walsh and Gowers in the pecking order. 
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #82
It simply doesn't matter/ Take 10 of the Eagles' best out of their team tonight and how would they go then?

Judge none of our lads given the numbers missing...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #83
Fortunately in these games no-one takes them seriously. If people did then they've spent years learning nothing. These games a jog, trot and canters with no intensity. Been to two in 20 years and they both put me to sleep, one literally.

It's a hitout.

Reply #84
Oh and 0 injuries, this is probably the next most important stat.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #85
Tonight was a seriously Meh game.

Eleven walk up starters were missing and the Toast were fairly strong in gale like conditions.

The Good

Jaksch
Boekhorst in patches
Bell
Levi
Yazz

The Bad.

Watson
Buckley (lowered his colors)
Dick/Tutt/Byrne/Sheehan
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #87
Cripps was good early but faded...
Jaksch....worth the effort to recruit, solid and doesnt do anything stupid...
Boekhorst....I thought he was ok when he had space and time and he can create and find other players..
Dick....didnt make me feel secure..
Tutt....not up to it IMO..
Jones....didnt work hard enough...
Smith...seem to do a lot of running around for not much return, maybe trying too hard..
Bell...was able to compete because has the big frame but like others said was his usual unreliable self in terms of nous and disposal...
Curnow got some footy but I thought Priddis was nearly BOG...like he usually is when he plays us...

Touhy.....didnt mind his game...
Wood...probably not good enough given Lycett and Sinclair are novice rucks...was fair and not our worst but needs to do better...
Buckley.....unsighted
Casboult....needed the run...
Watto....could change places with the other Watto in the test team and the results would be the same.....zero

Not a great effort but that team was light on for mature bodies and we had trouble finding the ball which didnt help Jones, Watson etc.....
The team is very much in the development stage and with so many new players you cant expect them to all know each other games and be able to gel together as a team.
Bit of patience required and we will see how they go next game.....

Good summary, couldn't add much to that EB1.

Also liked KJ and barring injury will fit in nicely down back and give Hendo the forward line to focus on... the forward line missed Hendo's leadership and direction. Although delivery to the forwards was ordinary at best, there were still concerns - particularly Watson.

Very important a lot of those newbies got to experience 'the pace' of the game and the Eagles didn't disappoint in terms of vigour and speed - good to get them at near full strength on their dung heap.

We'd want to see a marked improvement against Rottingwood in a fortnight.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #88
Touhy showed some form.
The thing 2E showed me (again) was that he continues to make stupid mistakes and gives away frees when he is deep in defence. Does this too often for mine. He needs to rectify this pronto.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #89
Touhy showed some form.
The thing 2E showed me (again) was that he continues to make stupid mistakes and gives away frees when he is deep in defence. Does this too often for mine. He needs to rectify this pronto.

Sheesh stop stealing my title of 'Resident Malcontent'. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!