Skip to main content
Topic: God help me - the Test Cricket thread (Read 87453 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: God help me - the Test Cricket thread

Reply #1245
Fielding was excellent and led to frustration from the Indians who started well but couldnt get the boundaries they needed and tried to force the ball which led to their downfall. Indians performance at the end of the game not hanging around for the presentation was a real dummy spit and if we had done same there would have been an outcry and calls for fines etc etc....
Good losers and humble they are not and seeing them miss out again after their test championship debacle was good for the game imho and maybe if they lost the rockstar swagger and image, prepared their home wickets in a fair and reasonable manner they might get some reward.

Reply #1246
Masterclass in planning and then execution.  Kudos Cummins and MacDonald et al.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1247
Indeed. Kept their cards close to the chest and managed to do what they planned. Doesn't happen often.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1248
Biggest upset in World Cup History

Reply #1249
Biggest upset in World Cup History
Probably.
I can't see us winning any of the 20:20's: we won't have recovered from the celebrations.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #1250
What a stupid piece of scheduling - a World cup that goes for ever, then the finalists will (not that this was known) will play 5 T20s less than a week later.

India won't play a first XI and Australia probably can't be stuffed either - Matthew Wade Captain?

When too much cricket is too much cricket.

Reply #1251

Reply #1252

100% - took some balls to bowl first, when it would have been panned if India made 350, but they did it anyway.   Amazing the effect the (Stewie) Dew had on the result.   Early in the tourney, Zampa was being pulverised as he tried to bowl with a wet ball.  Then when the shoe is on the other foot, Jadeja and Kuldeep didnt take a wicket between them.  Looks like a no-brainer of a decision - bowl first in order neutralise their spinners under the dewy conditions, but not an easy decision to live with if it doesnt come off  (and if you dont field like demons to back it up)

Reply #1253
First class example of the hypocrisy of India's BCCI, happy to stir up the crowds causing vitriol and even death threats one day, the next day they turn the Aussie Hero into an IPL Millionaire!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1254
Now forgive me if this is a bad observation, but as someone who doesnt really care about cricket, there has been very little fan fare about this world cup in the Aussie Media.

Is it my perception thats false, or is this an accurate description of whats happened? 

My gut tells me its about the one day 50 over format being on the nose, but I really have no idea. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #1255
Depends where you're looking and what you pay attention to - I saw plenty of coverage.

The only reason I knew about the AFL drafts was because of this forum,  but  I can only tell you #1 pick outside the Blues. I don't really care or pay attention to it.

Reply #1256
Now forgive me if this is a bad observation, but as someone who doesnt really care about cricket, there has been very little fan fare about this world cup in the Aussie Media.

Is it my perception thats false, or is this an accurate description of whats happened? 

My gut tells me its about the one day 50 over format being on the nose, but I really have no idea. 

The Age was full of the cricket up to and after the final Thry.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1257
While India remain interested in 50 over cricket it will survive, as soon as they lose interest it will be over........

Reply #1258
The interesting thing is the rise of the 100 version, bizarre as it seems the game is getting shorter, probably says something about attention spans of modern youth.

Personally, watching a lifetime of 50 over is worth the wait for what we saw from Maxwell the other night, that is once in a lifetime stuff!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1259
The interesting thing is the rise of the 100 version, bizarre as it seems the game is getting shorter, probably says something about attention spans of modern youth.

Personally, watching a lifetime of 50 over is worth the wait for what we saw from Maxwell the other night, that is once in a lifetime stuff!
Think you will find its more to do with being able to fit into prime time slots on pay for view....you can get more games in too and have less down time in between games.