[ 11 ] (68.8%)
Drew Morphett
[ 2 ] (12.5%)
Geoff Lawson
[ 1 ] (6.3%)
Quintin Hull
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Topic: Kerry O'keefe announces his retirement (Read 10180 times) previous topic - next topic

Kerry O'keefe announces his retirement

Love Skull and the ABC will be poorer for his departure IMO.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Re: Kerry O'keefe announces his retirement

Reply #1
"HURRRRR HURRRRRRR HURRRRR HURRR HURRRRRRRRRRR"

;D

Reply #2
The Skull is a bona fide classic. Wish he'd transition to footy.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
In case you missed it, here's Kerry's "Frog in a Bank" joke:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-24/kerry-okeeffe---frog-in-a-bank/5174280
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
The listening cricketing audience will be poorer for it.
Always listened with abated breathe for Kerry to break out in his infectious laugh. Great character who will be sorely missed.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #6
While Skull will be remembered for his laugh and laborious setting up of his jokes, we shouldn't forget his analysis and insight.  He studied the game and had a wealth of knowledge about past, present and up and coming players.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Agree wholeheartedly about Kerry.
He will be sorely missed...
Does anyone know where I can get the sound of Kerry talking about Steve Waugh and reciting the lyrics of eminems "the moment" ?
I think it was during the Boxing Day or the Sydney (retirement) tests...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #8
The vote for Drew could only have come from LR :)) ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #9
We had Skull at our 10th Anniversary Dinner in November, he was an absolute cack during his speech, had the room in hysterics. He sat next to me for the night and kept calling me by my nickname too.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #10
We had Skull at our 10th Anniversary Dinner in November, he was an absolute cack during his speech, had the room in hysterics. He sat next to me for the night and kept calling me by my nickname too.

Good stuff. Welcome to 2014 Ye Sheikness. :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #11

Good stuff. Welcome to 2014 Ye Sheikness. :)

Thanks Baggers.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #12
He will be missed and has retired too young...has a young persona and behind all the jokes and fooling around he knows his cricket.....

You want a shocker commentator then listen to NZ's Danny Morrison.......I cant listen to him he is that bad....

Reply #13
Maxwell and Skull then daylight from that list... although I have really enjoyed MacDonald's insightful view and positive comments.  AB has been interesting at times and Alderman also talks some common sense.

Big no to Morphett - I'm over the hyperbole.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #14
Maxwell and Skull then daylight from that list... although I have really enjoyed MacDonald's insightful view and positive comments.  AB has been interesting at times and Alderman also talks some common sense.

Big no to Morphett - I'm over the hyperbole.

James Brayshaw on CH9 is also equally annoying.....calls cricket like he calls footy.