Skip to main content
Topic: "Blues Must 'Have A Hard Look At Themselves" - AFL.COM.AU (Read 19961 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Blues Must 'Have A Hard Look At Themselves" - AFL.COM.AU

Reply #15
No creativity with 4 taggers and defensive mids.

Tag Judd we lose because there are no other ball getters.

x10

At times our game plan looks like we are trying to stop our way to victory!

Can you imagine our pre-game whiteboard?

- We have to stop him
 - And we better stop him
 - And it's no point stopping them if we don't stop him
 - Those blokes need stopping as well
 - and FFS don't not stop those others!

- Whoever's left please get the ball!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
i could coach against car " get the ball and take off ,play on all times ,tag judd ,game over and this is why we are stuffed for yrs we know casboult carnt kick yet we wait till rd 2 2015 to hire a kicking coach  joke

Reply #17
Start by setting the example Murph, talk is cheap.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #19
Murph had knee surgery in the off season. He misses 4 weeks during Feb / March because of a calf, yet going into rd 1 we hear he's getting his knee drained weeky and is having injections to train/play. I'm not making excuses for him, but how does he come into a season in that state??.
Eat more chooks

Reply #20
I'm beginning to think the calf was a knee. He certainly looked well short of a run against the tiges, and no better last week.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
Start by setting the example Murph, talk is cheap.

x3 and should become x50 by the end of round 3. Don't get all emotional Murph, and then go missing on the weekend. You stated "you" need to lead the team. Then show us and do it. Show us what you are made of. Granite, or fairy floss.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #22
Contradictions and platitudinous clap trap a plenty coming from the club. Malthouse says his contract will be a distraction, Judd and 2E says it won't.

They've been trying for ages to figure out the 20 minutes lapses in concentration - still don't know why.

They've needed strong on field leadership for ages, still can't figure out why they don't have it.

Murphy says Judd needed more protection when he was tagged against WCE - given the fact that this has been happening since Judd got here, you think they would've figured it out by now. Apparently not.

If they haven't sorted these things by now, one wonders if they ever will.

And as an aside, since when do currently listed players pass judgement on the club's recruiting and trades ? I read an article where Judd was giving his 2 cents worth on these issues. Irrespective on whether you agree with his opinions or not, it's completely out of order. He can have whatever opinions he likes, but why make them public ? I worship the ground he walks on, but he's overstepped the mark in my opinion. Pull yer head in Judd.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-11/players-not-micks-contract-the-problem-says-judd

Who the bloody hell is in charge ? Is anybody running the show ?

Reply #23
@ Paul

The word you're looking for mate is "rabble".
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
@ Paul

The word you're looking for mate is "rabble".

Actually, rabble probably is the word I could use to summarize all that.

And maybe another phrase to go with it - "institutionalized mediocrity"

Reply #25
Starting to smell like a player revolt?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #26
Starting to smell like a player revolt?

Not surprising.

General consensus is Ratten's blood was on their hands, and now it looks like a few are ensuring this ends up the same.

I hope the club has figured out that this group care more about themselves than they do each other or the jumper.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #27
I'm beginning to think the calf was a knee. He certainly looked well short of a run against the tiges, and no better last week.

The talk before the game was that he could miss because he hurt a knee at training.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #28
@Paul you can't expect the players not to comment on a question like that. We know how it would be interpreted. If he didn't endorse the coach - how could Mick play him? That's why you can't read too much into comments like that.

If he says the contract is a distraction, how can that not pressure the club?

Reply #29
@Paul you can't expect the players not to comment on a question like that. We know how it would be interpreted. If he didn't endorse the coach - how could Mick play him? That's why you can't read too much into comments like that.

I agree about endorsing the coach - this is standard issue stuff from players these days.

What I have an issue with are his comments (brief and paraphrased as they are) regarding our recruiting and trades (the last 2 sentences of the article).