Skip to main content
Topic: "Bell Ready For Ringadingdinger" (One For Elwood) (Read 32906 times) previous topic - next topic

"Bell Ready For Ringadingdinger" (One For Elwood)

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-09-05/bell-ready-for-ringadingdinger

“I want to make sure I’ve done all the team things because I want to be team orientated,” Bell said prior to a weights session at Visy Park this week.

“I want to feel as if I’ve got nothing left to give.”
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: "Bell Ready For Ringadingdinger" (One For Elwood)

Reply #1
He's a ripping young kid. Hope he makes it.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #2
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-09-05/bell-ready-for-ringadingdinger

“I want to make sure I’ve done all the team things because I want to be team orientated,” Bell said prior to a weights session at Visy Park this week.

“I want to feel as if I’ve got nothing left to give.”

If he can work out when to tackle and when to bump he will go a long way towards making it......96kg at 187cm is going to hurt when it hits or tackles you...and I like that. ;)

Reply #3
We all like his grunt, he just needs some polish & a degree of level-headedness to advance his career.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #4
We all like his grunt, he just needs some polish & a degree of level-headedness to advance his career.

I looked at Ollie Wines tonight and I saw a similar strong aggressive midfielder but one who has composure and maturity....thats what you pay for with a top ten pick and what a rookie pick like Bell needs to learn and will probably take years to develop...

Reply #5

I looked at Ollie Wines tonight and I saw a similar strong aggressive midfielder but one who has composure and maturity....thats what you pay for with a top ten pick and what a rookie pick like Bell needs to learn and will probably take years to develop...

Ollies composure is extraordinary. Tommy needs positive support and he'll lift.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #6
If he can work out when to tackle and when to bump he will go a long way towards making it......96kg at 187cm is going to hurt when it hits or tackles you...and I like that. ;)

Bell's decision to bump Crameri rather than tackle was an interesting one.  Most players in that situation would have tackled but Bell's bump gave us clean possession and Crameri lost interest in the game for quite a while.

Bell executes his bumps very well and I guess that is partly because he is not that tall (although I reject the 'tall' excuse for Buddy; he just has poor technique and likes to use an elbow).  I would like to see Bell given licence to bump as he sees fit.  However, as you say EB, he needs to know when a tackle is the best option.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
Some good and bad from Tommy today.... another bump that should have been a tackle, lack of awareness had him pinged for holding the ball but amongst all that he contested well...got under the skin of Jackson and having his big body in the contests helped us win the footy at times.
Great that he can learn of the master Chris Judd who even on one leg was a leader and catalyst for our comeback win..

More learning ahead for Tom Bell next week...

Reply #8
Someone needs to get in TB's ear and try and get him to play on instinct. He's talent potential is huge but he needs to learn that there are no easy possessions in AFL footy. Gibbs used to make similar mistakes when he started.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #9
Give Tom a year or two and he WILL turn it on. There are a lot of positives about his game.
Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #10
He Realised it was a final didn't he? So many times, gave up on first option, to take on the player and got caught. 2 shots in the last, barely scored...

Think he is a long way off..potential..but a long way off.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #11
Bell. "STOP laying a bump and land TACKLES". Do not trade this guy. He has potential beyong belief, in fact find another soon and use them both. just fine tune their tactics.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #12
He Realised it was a final didn't he? So many times, gave up on first option, to take on the player and got caught. 2 shots in the last, barely scored...

Was my worst in navy blue today. Daylight second.

The kid has the size and attitude right. Needs to wrap his head around the subtleties of the game and learn how to kick though.

Reply #13

Was my worst in navy blue today. Daylight second.

The kid has the size and attitude right. Needs to wrap his head around the subtleties of the game and learn how to kick though.

Can't agree. He made some mistakes and the bump vs tackle was hard to watch, but he gives us enormous presence around the ball. Love him in there.

Reply #14
Was my worst in navy blue today.

McInnes was worst and Walker had a shocking first half while Menzel did nothing after being subbed on. TB made some momentous clangers but also was a strong presence at times able to win contested footy.
IN WADA WE TRUST