Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Pre Game Thread: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 18612 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 23: Pre Game Thread: Carlton vs Sydney

Saturday Aug 26, 2017
16:35 AEST
SCG

This is it folks - last game for the year.

Clearly flag favorites along with the Crows, they will take some beating on their own ground.

On the one hand, the smaller dimensions of the SCG should suit our negating game style, but more bodies closer together will definitely help the Swans. Bigger, stronger, more experienced all over the park.

Then there's the Mills revenge factor.

Swans by six goals.

Re: Rd 23: Pre Game Thread: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #1
Not without a chance despite the opposition being the red hot flag favourites. Was it late last year that we got within a goal at the SCG? Never know your luck in the big smoke.
Blues by 3pts.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Not without a chance despite the opposition being the red hot flag favourites. Was it late last year that we got within a goal at the SCG? Never know your luck in the big smoke.
Blues by 3pts.

That would be a huge way to finish the year, and would provide enough "emotional nourishment" to last the whole off season.

Can't see it happening myself. But then, I couldn't see the Hawks victory either.

Reply #3
I'm actually looking forward to this game now!   :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Who will the Swans target on our side??  CC?

Reply #5
Who will the Swans target on our side??  CC?

Lamb.....reckon they will climb into him at every opportunity and defuse any effect he might have on any player he has targeted...
Ryan Crowley was the master of the heavy tag until the umpires got sick of the sideshow and allowed opposition players to beat up on him...

Reply #6
Zac Jones is one love tap to the guts off suspension (if he doesn't go this week). I'd be niggling the cr@p out of him and reminding him that he can't do anything about it.

Reply #7
The round following us beating them was the start of their run.  They will want to demolish us to pay us back for that loss.  Can't see us getting within 5 goals.

Reply #8
The round following us beating them was the start of their run.  They will want to demolish us to pay us back for that loss.  Can't see us getting within 5 goals.

It will be a real test for us without doubt. I can't see us taking a backward step and I'm sure we will see some fireworks.

Reply #9
Smedts will probably miss so it most likely comes down to Graham or Cunningham.
Graham kicked a few goals and had 24 touches in the VFL, Cunningham had 20 so it's a toss up.
If Cunningham gets the nod it's not good news for Nick, I'd probably go with Cunningham.
Can't see us winning but confidence is a wonderful thing, I don't think it will be a blow out, looking forward to Liam V Buddy.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #10
Smedts will probably miss so it most likely comes down to Graham or Cunningham.
Graham kicked a few goals and had 24 touches in the VFL, Cunningham had 20 so it's a toss up.
If Cunningham gets the nod it's not good news for Nick, I'd probably go with Cunningham.
Can't see us winning but confidence is a wonderful thing, I don't think it will be a blow out, looking forward to Liam V Buddy.

Small ground, pace not as big an issue. I'd go with Graham.

Reply #11
Small ground, pace not as big an issue. I'd go with Graham.

Cunningham has more upside in my opinion but it's a toss up.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #12
I'd go with Graham...bit of rumour talk that Cuningham might have got ahead of himself a bit and thought he was an automatic selection each week and the coaches want
to see a bit of improvement in a few areas.
Was a very wild rumour I heard via BigFooty that he might even be up for trade if GWS want something extra for the Kelly/Hopper deal...being Bigfooty I wouldnt put much credence to that rumour and I wouldnt see SOS wanting to trade one of his young picks out...

Reply #13
I'd be going with Graham. He is tougher and has far more kent than Cunners IMO. He would relish the prospect of this game and I think we'll need all the kent we can get.

Reply #14
It will be a real test for us without doubt. I can't see us taking a backward step and I'm sure we will see some fireworks.

The Hawks were a real test and far more of a bogey side than the Swans.

i think we can match it very well with them.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!