Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 23: Post Game Party: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 15501 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 23: Post Game Party: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #31
I'd like to wish Dennis all the best for the future.

Thanks for the effort, heart, positivity and highlights.

Yes agree. Shame about today though.

Reply #32
Our bad day is not even going to get us pick 2.

You think we were bad, GC haven't scored since the 1st qtr.

Reply #33
Thank you Dennis. Carlton clearly holds a special part in your heart. The feeling is mutual. You've given your all and set high standards for those who follow.
All the best for continued happiness and success in life Dennis.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #34
I'd like to wish Dennis all the best for the future.

Thanks for the effort, heart, positivity and highlights.

Yes, the perfect role model for any budding footballer.

He come with the Judd trade as steak knives and played exactly the same amount of games as Juddy for Carlton.

Reply #35
I'll focus on the season as a whole more so than today. It's been encouraging. The only game that really annoyed me alot was the Brisbane game. Today, while not that happy, I half expected and it's not going to affect much anyway.

Yes, I had hopes for a better result today but, as hard as Kreuzer and Murphy worked, we were never really in the contest.

Hopefully Liam Jones will take away what is required to play on the best key forward in the business and our young blokes will have learnt a bit more about developing their craft to the level required of elite players.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
We lost.

Cue the petty attacks on Murph and Gibbs who had great seasons.   Seems to annoy some supporters.   Go figure.

Reply #37
Yes, I had hopes for a better result today but, as hard as Kreuzer and Murphy worked, we were never really in the contest.

Hopefully Liam Jones will take away what is required to play on the best key forward in the business and our young blokes will have learnt a bit more about developing their craft to the level required of elite players.

Kruezer was great and should be AA, Murphy I was less enthused about, worked hard enough but some of his defensive work was poor and he continues to kick short and be indirect.
Didnt blame Jones today, we were a 3rd tall defender short IMO and missed Marchbank, Rowe, ACOS and Plowman...Jones needed help vs Buddy but we didnt have the equipment to help him as
we were undersized. The Swans got the ball down down inside 50 too much and too quickly and we just fell apart under the weight of entries...
Bolton doesnt have a plan B after his 7 men back in defense plan and we need to work on that for next season as well as turn over the list with about 10-12 players cut IMO...

Reply #38

Bolton doesnt have a plan B after his 7 men back in defense plan and we need to work on that for next season as well as turn over the list with about 10-12 players cut IMO...

I'm hoping our current plan this year becomes our plan B from here on. Bolton spoke about being more attacking next year. We have been very good this year at stopping the opposition momentum when they look like getting on top and getting back into games.

Reply #39
We lost.

Cue the petty attacks on Murph and Gibbs who had great seasons.   Seems to annoy some supporters.   Go figure.

Yes, a loss seems to energise those folk who can't appreciate the effort of Murphy and Gibbs.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #40
Kruezer was great and should be AA, Murphy I was less enthused about, worked hard enough but some of his defensive work was poor and he continues to kick short and be indirect.
Didnt blame Jones today, we were a 3rd tall defender short IMO and missed Marchbank, Rowe, ACOS and Plowman...Jones needed help vs Buddy but we didnt have the equipment to help him as
we were undersized. The Swans got the ball down down inside 50 too much and too quickly and we just fell apart under the weight of entries...

Jones was caught out by his lack of experience as a key defender.  Yes, he was lacking support but his poor positioning and body work against an elite forward showed just how much work he needs to do to become a genuine key defender.  Docherty had a shocker tonight, which put more pressure on the defence, but Jones has to learn how to neutralise the ball if he is unable to win it.

It's hard to have a Plan B if half of the squad aren't capable of executing Plan A.  Hopefully the young blokes will continue to develop and we won't have to rely on Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer to the same extent next season.

Reply #41
Aside from Dennis, I wonder who else we saw the last of today (or beforehand,  as with those on the injury list)??
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #42
We lost.

Jesus, these Murphy and Gibbs apologists have no shame. Their effort today reflected their careers at Carlton. Soft. That effort of Murphy's on the wing was pathetic. Has he ever made a tackle during his career?

I swear you must watch a different game to me every week. The amount of turnovers, fumbles, juggling and sh#tting themselves both do weekly basis is sickening. I now call Gibbs "The Juggler" because he fumbles it nearly every time he receives the ball and most times is because he's expecting contact. It's never clean. Swatch him in traffic and you'll see what I mean. F#ckin' hopeless.

I hope one or both of these pussies can be managed out of the club during the off season. Please SOS make it happen. I'm sick of watching the two softest c#cks ever to play the game, play for my club. Make end, please make it end!
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #43
I'm looking forward to the "rebuild" continuing with our midfield for 2018. As oft posted on here there are glaring deficiencies and plenty of theories and ideas as to how to fix it. I'm wondering how SoS and BB see it and will be fascinated to see how they go about it.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #44
Last nights game shows how far we drop when we lose more then 2-3 from our starting 18. We have 'just' been competitive without cripps and curnow but once you take out a few more we drop very quickly.

Our list has an early tipping point due to lack of decent depth players and I really hope sos does a better job then he did last year in this regard.

Players like smedts and Palmer are wasted picks IMO we need decent consistent back ups not high risk perspective picks for these positions.

We can't be uncompetitive next season when we are down a few soldiers which will occur in a long season.

With a healthy list we could win 8-10 games next year. But lose more then 2-3 of starting 18 and we quickly drop off to close to  the worst team in the comp.

Kelly hooper and co would be nice additions if SOS can make it happen but the need of real depth players can't be underestimated.