Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2020 Rd 6: Carlton vs Melbourne at Traeger Park, Alice Springs (Read 2819 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2020 Rd 6: Carlton vs Melbourne at Traeger Park, Alice Springs

Reply #15
Another sensational performance under hot and crowdless conditions!

Our girls never say die and tackle relentlessly. 60+ in a winning side and a fight back from behind.

Hope KH is ok

Congratulations ladies
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #16
I wish our men's side could show even half the improvement the girls have shown over the past few years.

They follow their game plan relentlessly and play for each other. Just watch them sheppard for each other and do the small tap ons etc. This is something the guys rarely if ever do.

I am starting to really warm to this side because they play like they care for one another and want to achieve something special, rather than for the pay cheque.

Blues bitches be good!  ;D
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #17
I wish our men's side could show even half the improvement the girls have shown over the past few years.

They follow their game plan relentlessly and play for each other. Just watch them sheppard for each other and do the small tap ons etc. This is something the guys rarely if ever do.

I am starting to really warm to this side because they play like they care for one another and want to achieve something special, rather than for the pay cheque.

Blues bitches be good!  ;D

Yep I feel the same. Really enjoying their journey.

Men’s team are full timers and have been rebuilding for 5 years and yet still look miles off.

Whereby our girls team have improved every year play like they want to win every week.

They have won me over big time.

Reply #18
^^ Agree with the above two posts.

Harf is one to keep an eye on IMO.

Reply #19
That was a cracking game ... and I didn’t really notice the absence of spectators.

I was a bit worried at first, particularly with McEvoy and Vescio not able to get their hands on the ball and Harrington looking like she had fractured a cheekbone.

The way the girls stuck to the gameplan and lifted their intensity and effort was outstanding.

Tayla Harris was outstanding in all aspects of the game.  I think that she has put to bed the notion that she is a one trick pony.  Mua Laloifi was brilliant in the last quarter but it’s probably unfair not to mention the rest of the team; they all contributed and put in when it mattered.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
I didn't see the game, but I have it recorded. I look forward to watching it. That sort of effort in those conditions where we were NOT the favourites was the sort of thing the boys can try to emulate.

MELBOURNE  2.3       3.3       3.5       3.6 (24)
CARLTON        1.1       2.1       4.1       6.4 (40)

GOALS
Melbourne: Hore, Perkins, Scott
Carlton: Walker 2, Gee, Harris, Egan, Prespakis

BEST
Melbourne: Paxman, Hore, Gay, Sherriff, O'Dea, Pearce
Carlton: Prespakis, Plane, Dalton, McEvoy, Harris, Laloifi

INJURIES
Melbourne: Lampard (left knee), Goldrick (leg)
Carlton: Nil    ????? Kerryn H?????

LATE CHANGES
Melbourne: Nil
Carlton: Nil

Reports: Nil
Live Long and Prosper!