Skip to main content
Topic: Karma (Read 13146 times) previous topic - next topic

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but the Karma scores seem to have disappeared . . . and I was quite proud of my two points  :)

Don't tell me that some of my fellow CSCers are unhappy with their Karma ratings and have had the function disabled  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Karma

Reply #1
Good on ya pot stirrer. Now we will lose our avatars and our names. Next I will be a gender symbol 0-> or 0+ and my name will be 16237. I still wonder why our post count was scrapped.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
Good on ya pot stirrer. Now we will lose our avatars and our names. Next I will be a gender symbol 0-> or 0+ and my name will be 16237. I still wonder why our post count was scrapped.

LR didn't like Karma and got it removed and that's fair enough as it was never a part of the original CSC. As for post counts if the mods want to scrap them then that's cool but also scrap any new progressive tally eg the current faux player elevation model.  Personally I like the idea of post counts from the original site which I believe pre dates the 2004 model.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #3
I thought part of the idea of the new site was to improve it and allow new things? If we want it to be the same as the old site, why not just keep the old site?

I liked the Karma function.

Reply #4

LR didn't like Karma and got it removed and that's fair enough as it was never a part of the original CSC. As for post counts if the mods want to scrap them then that's cool but also scrap any new progressive tally eg the current faux player elevation model.  Personally I like the idea of post counts from the original site which I believe pre dates the 2004 model.

I'm not that fussed about post counts and the faux player elevation model is not something I take seriously.  Quality of posts rather than quantity is more important to me.

I guess Karma measures populism and those who contribute well-reasoned but unpopular posts could be shafted.  Still, it created a bit of additional interest and it was an improvement on the original CSC. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
Meh I'm not fussed either way. I had systematic karmaring but I never complained. You could always tell who was doing it anyway. For example I started a thread about something and there were three responses disagreeing with the thread and all of a sudden I was down three karmas. Or whenever Tex or MBB would log on I'd drop a karma hehe. It's all good. FWIW I never karma'd anyone who didn't karma me first.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
Wow !

Worried about the karma thing on a forum like this ????   :o
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #7
No biggie here, was pretty silly TBH.  I seemed to get Karma when  I posted positive things about Mick, then lost them on criticism of him  ??? 

Maybe a like/dislike bottom for individual posts is better.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #8
Meh I'm not fussed either way. I had systematic karmaring but I never complained. You could always tell who was doing it anyway. For example I started a thread about something and there were three responses disagreeing with the thread and all of a sudden I was down three karmas. Or whenever Tex or MBB would log on I'd drop a karma hehe. It's all good. FWIW I never karma'd anyone who didn't karma me first.
:-\
No, you're wrong. You never know who karma'd you.
And you're final sentence explains why it could be abused - tit for tat.

Reply #9
All I am saaaaayinnnnng..... is give Karma a chance

I liked the Karma function.  It meant little in the scheme of things but it was fun.  Oh well.  :-\
Reality is an illusion, caused by a lack of alcohol...

Reply #10
Rename it Kudos and stick it back, no Kharma required!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
Glad its gone. Gimmick. And actually had nothing to do with the idea of karma.

If you dislike something someone has said, have the nads to tell them and why in a reasoned way and expand on your opion. Ditto if you like, tell them why and maybe expand on it.

Good decision.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #12
Glad its gone. Gimmick. And actually had nothing to do with the idea of karma.

If you dislike something someone has said, have the nads to tell them and why in a reasoned way and expand on your opion. Ditto if you like, tell them why and maybe expand on it.

Good decision.
I went to karma your post but then realised..... :)) :)) :P

Reply #13
I think Kharma means nought to long term posters, but to new members or visitors it could give them an insight into the Who's Who of CSC.

Is that good or bad, I have no idea!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
The Karma thing is ok but you should be able to see on particular posts who gave it a like or dislike. It stops people abusing the system I think.

Can't believe that just because LR didn't like it that he seeked, then it was taken down. He's not that much of a prima donna surely.