Skip to main content
Topic: Footy Withdrawal Remedies (Read 8903 times) previous topic - next topic

Footy Withdrawal Remedies

Hit me with some of your best! We are still months out from it all starting again and I am struggling without it. I follow other sports but its just not the same. What do you do to get you through the off season? Might go to NT and enjoy their season.  :D

Re: Footy Withdrawal Remedies

Reply #1
During the off-season of footy, I am vice-president of the cricket association, president of my cricket club and I play as well.

I don't miss the footy at all, I'm too busy for any thing else.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #2
Normally, Greek Soccer and Olympiakos.

HOWEVER the competition has become such a non event, that the season only started in September\October, and bar a capitulation of gargantuan proportions the season is already over and Olympiakos are about to win the league (again) as they are 8 points off the nearest rival, and are yet to lose a game (keeping in mind its 3 points for a win).

That would make it 12 out of the last 14 seasons.

Its funny, I used to find following it more intersting when there was stronger competition among the others.  Unfortunately, most of our rivals are in financial turmoil.  In any case, may our dominance last a long time. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
EPL, Spring Carnival and now the most important thing come summertime.....family. Only 2 months left anyway.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #4
As far as sport goes - cricket.

At home, my massive vegetable garden. This year experimenting with 8 new varieties of organic tomatoes. Last year I grew 21 different varieties! Further work on working with wood, primarily, functional items and the odd sculpture.

Work wise, gearing up for an exciting new venture next year so lots of meetings and preparation with those who are a part of creating this. Then there is another book to complete by the end of January.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #6
Philippines works for me
 >:D

Reply #9
I've watched the Elimination final replay about 26 times.

(2nd half only) ;)

Reply #10
I've watched the Elimination final replay about 26 times.

(2nd half only) ;)
I'm yet to really watch it. Might give it a go some time this week over a few (thousand) beers to really re-simulate the day.  ;D

Reply #11
I hate golf, tennis, cricket and soccer. The only thing I follow closely over summer is NFL football. I am a big fan of the New England Patriots but I enjoy most good contests. So, I record the 3 or so games from Monday morning and watch them though out the week in the evenings.
I have also been known to check YouTube for some of the old Princes Park games from the 70s and 80s. Really good memories there. Just last week, I watched the last quarter of the 1987 reserves premiership. Poursanidis (rember him?) kicked 8!

Reply #12
This year I thought i'd fill in the boredom of the AFL off season by getting married. So I did so 2 weeks ago...Im still away on my honeymoon, but as you can see its hard to shake the AFL addiction entirely.  ;D
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #13
This year I thought i'd fill in the boredom of the AFL off season by getting married. So I did so 2 weeks ago...Im still away on my honeymoon, but as you can see its hard to shake the AFL addiction entirely.  ;D

Away on a honeymoon and posting on CSC. Bored of the Mrs already?  ;D

Reply #14

Congratulations Undies !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"