Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 116680 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #270
Just quietly Yarran and Jeff both played their best footy minus eddie betts.  I agree with cookie actually.  Dont think yarran is leaving.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #271
Yarran did seem to be around the contest a little more last night cookie which does make you wonder, no Garlett = more space for Yazz to work with? Also, could it be that the three amigos' collectively poor form is actually down to there being one too many up forward? Obviously the three have played far better in previous years with Yazz down back.
Did we make a selection blue though? Jeffy played in the reserves, he could have played last night and moved Yazz to a HBF to cover for Walkers absence. Perhaps Yazz problem at HB is his lack of D. Just saying.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #272
Yarran touted as being a trade target by Eagles in today's West Australian....What would we get, would we want.....?

Andrew Gaff I would ask for.......more likely get offered Mitch Brown and a steaknife pick.

Maybe they might offer their first pick if they were really keen and want a 2nd rnd back.

I dont see  West Coast  going through unless Yarran really wants out himself......

I'd take Gaff, or Shuey, hopefully unlikely to move, although he and helmet head are old buddies are they not....?

Reply #273
@ADS
Who's Helmet Head? Nat Knitashoei??
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #274
I didn't think his game was as good as many on here are claiming.

Maybe cause I focus on the amount of times he stops a second before possible contact and that sh1ts me so much that I don't notice what he does when he has the ball.

He stopped instead on running straight at the ball in the contest when hocking elbowed him. Happened just before the incident.

If we are serious about becoming a real team either he shows more courage or IMO he's trade bait.

His skills are not good enough to be that soft and get away with it.

Spot on

Reply #275
Yarran did seem to be around the contest a little more last night cookie which does make you wonder, no Garlett = more space for Yazz to work with? Also, could it be that the three amigos' collectively poor form is actually down to there being one too many up forward? Obviously the three have played far better in previous years with Yazz down back.
Did we make a selection blue though? Jeffy played in the reserves, he could have played last night and moved Yazz to a HBF to cover for Walkers absence. Perhaps Yazz problem at HB is his lack of D. Just saying.

I remember the issue down back with Yarran was that at times he was tagged and didn't win huge numbers. He nearly always beat his man though. He did average over 80 supercoach points 17 out of 22 times in 2011 with some very very good games of football. That's why I say, play him down back, he will beat his opponent, be more accountable and any run we get out of defence is a bonus.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #276
Yarran took another step, even biggere this time, on sat nigth IMO. Looked really good and intent which is what we want to see. And we want to see it time and time again! I thionk he is better run ning toward goal - call it what you like, eg. midfielder, winger, HBF or high HFF which is the role he could play for us by getting up[ the ground and around the back of the packs the pushing through and down the ground.

Reply #277

I remember the issue down back with Yarran was that at times he was tagged and didn't win huge numbers. He nearly always beat his man though. He did average over 80 supercoach points 17 out of 22 times in 2011 with some very very good games of football. That's why I say, play him down back, he will beat his opponent, be more accountable and any run we get out of defence is a bonus.

Amen, if we trade him (esp. if Betts is off) we have rocks in our heads......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #278
If Betts leaves as expected it would be No to trading Yarran unless we got way over his market value....and I would be recruiting Dayle Garlett to take Betts spot...

Reply #279
If Betts leaves as expected it would be No to trading Yarran unless we got way over his market value....and I would be recruiting Dayle Garlett to take Betts spot...

What pick would you be willing to use to pick up D. Garlett EB?
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #280

What pick would you be willing to use to pick up D. Garlett EB?

Amers....Rnd5 in the ND or first rookie pick but doubt he would still be there.....

Think I read Port are very keen and arranged an interview with Garlett but he was a no show and they have withdrawn their interest.
His behaviour is still a concern based on that and might make me cool on him a little......

Reply #282

Amers....Rnd5 in the ND or first rookie pick but doubt he would still be there.....

Ok, yeah I could live with that !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #283
Doesn't read like someone who wants to leave or has been told he's on the table year end, but then who knows if it's his direct words or PR spin.

“It was probably the best win I’ve been involved with at this footy club,” Yarran said. “To be 39 points down with a few minutes to go in the third quarter and to somehow manage to win that game was an incredible effort, and I couldn’t be more proud of the blokes who ran out on that day.

“Why did it turn around? I think the boys just knew what was at stake. Obviously if we lost that game we weren’t going to make finals and we responded pretty well to Mick’s half-time spray.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-09-05/yazz-not-keeping-mum-on-first-final
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #284
@Goat

Doesn't sound like MM has lost the players to me!
Reality always wins in the end.