Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 62988 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Post Game Prattle: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #165
One good thing about watching the game while listening to the radio is you get to hear the callers bloopers, it's amazing how often some of those bloopers turn up here, or in threads on other sites, getting discussed like they really happened!

Today there were two obvious examples, in one the radio caller confused SPS and Daisy, blaming Daisy for an SPS kicks that missed a target! I must admit it's hard to tell them apart! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #166
Is that the bloke we persist with as our KPF because he's useful as a 2nd ruck?

Is that some cruel joke from the club to match up with the "Claim your Shame" ads they run on the scoreboard, part of the comedians campaign maybe?
As relief he's ok.  Today he shouldered the load and struggled.

Next time he might go better for having done it all today.

How did you like our forwardline without him though?

He immediately dragged numbers to himself when he went forward for a spell.

He's our version of David hale only half as effective.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #167
With a better midfield, he'd be better than Hale...

And let's not forget the effect that Kennedy and Lang will have on our midfield!

Soon hopefully...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #168
With Lobbe out and Phillips still a game or 2 away we didn't have any options if you really think about it.  
De Koning would have got slaughtered by Witts.  

Maybe we should have played McKay forward and Levi in the ruck, but we still would have conceded the ruck.

Doc and Gibbs are massive and you can't replace them straight away.

The players selected got enough of the ball.   We won the possession count and the inside 50's

Our ball movement inside 50 and our forward lines lack of movement where horrid today.

Thats what I would have done......Mckay forward rotating with Casboult to at least make Witts run and work harder, yep Witts would still win overall but at least C, Curnow might have had some help
up forward. Poulsen was a ridiculous selection IMO and gave us nothing, rather play Graham and get Cripps to play forward more, I just didnt understand our tactics at all even with limited tall timber...
Agree on Docherty and Gibbs......its hurting us, players like Dow will take time and the JLT series is no substitute for real games

Reply #169
As relief he's ok.  Today he shouldered the load and struggled.

No he's not, and today he was rubbish from the get go, not after he got tired or allegedly injured, I suggest he's a pea-heart!

Next time he might go better for having done it all today.

He's had ten years to do that, and we are still waiting!

How did you like our forwardline without him though?

He immediately dragged numbers to himself when he went forward for a spell.

He's our version of David Hale only half as effective.

We didn't have a forward line, we took a 1st Rnd Draft pick KPD and tried to use him to cover for a bunch of spud forwards, and it's wasn't the first time it's been tried!

Casboult makes little or no difference, forward, ruck or defence. It's cruelling the whole team have him perform in such a pathetic manor. Witts had made Levi his bitch within two or three minutes of the first bounce and it was all over for the pea-heart from then on!

I cannot even write that "He looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane" because it's an insult to Jane!

You want to know why our team have their heads dragging, why they look like the world is on their shoulders, what is sapping their confidence and making them stressed and disinterested. It's continually playing blokes like Levi Casboult!

What Casboult does or did in the dying minutes, after the game is dead and buried, is of little consequence.

With a better midfield, he'd be better than Hale...

Baaaa Haaa Haaa Haaa.

I won't be able to sleep tonight, that could keep me laughing for hours!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #170
Weitering......the first injury he got to his shoulder has made him timid at the ball, he doesnt want.......

100% spot on, that injury changed him, it literally knocked the confidence & any semblance of courage out of him & he’s been a different player ever since. Give me an AFL player with less influence & less disposals for the minutes he’s played in the first 2 rounds.....you’ll be hard pressed to find one.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #171
100% spot on, that injury changed him, it literally knocked the confidence & any semblance of courage out of him & he’s been a different player ever since. Give me an AFL player with less influence & less disposals for the minutes he’s played in the first 2 rounds.....you’ll be hard pressed to find one.....

Hmm, he was BoG just three or four weeks after that shoulder injury, playing as a KPD!

At the end of last season, the last three rounds, he was back playing in defence as the KPD, and was noticeably back to his confident best which was also without Rowe or Marchbank. I read somewhere he led the AFL for intercept marking over the last three rounds, just like the kid we drafted.

It's about time our MC stopped using this kid to patch holes and first let him master the role he's clearly most confident at filling!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #172
You're joking aren't you!

Can you remind me who took the F50 rucks while Levi was struggling without backup on the last line of defence with Lynch?

I really don't know what you're on about LP  ::)

Blokes who nominated to contest ruck contests (absolutely stupid rule) included Thomas, Charlie Curnow, O'Shea and (I think) Samo when Levi was having a spell.  And of course, Jones had a go in the ruck in the last quarter but didn't manage to get his hand near the ball.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #173

x100.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #174
I really don't know what you're on about LP  ::)

Blokes who nominated to contest ruck contests (absolutely stupid rule) included Thomas, Charlie Curnow, O'Shea and (I think) Samo when Levi was having a spell.  And of course, Jones had a go in the ruck in the last quarter but didn't manage to get his hand near the ball.

Just a few minutes ago you wrote this;

However, Levi stuck at it without any backup (apart from Jones’ last quarter cameo) and we won the clearances.

It was infuriating to hear the commentators bleating about Casboult not taking enough marks; he took more than Witts!

No backup, except for the others who took the stoppage rucks as Casboult dropped into D50. FFS, we had Charlie rucking, must we feck him up as well to cover for Casboult? We even had Weitering taking the ruck at F50 stoppages! Casboult got more chop out than Witts!

If you were Witts why would you want a chop out, why the feck would you want to leave the ruck at all, it was like a magical day in the life of Jarrod that he's unlikely to ever experience again!

Two of Casboult's marks came in the last quarter when it was junk time, nobody was going to take them as serious stats! The one and only thing Casboult could have done all day today was take some marks around the ground, and heading into the last quarter he had just one by my count and that one received a bronx cheer from the Carlton crowd!

"When big men play well, others follow" Bolton's own words, and yet he played Levi as our ruck! I'm betting it may never happen again!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #175
And of course, Jones had a go in the ruck in the last quarter but didn't manage to get his hand near the ball.

True Jones had no taps, but won a center clearance and a stoppage clearance with his 2nd efforts.

But trying to list this lack of taps, during a Junk Time ruck rotation, as some sort of case to justify Levi's 80 other minutes of game time is a real stretch.

Anyway, I'm not wasting any more time on Casboult, he gives us nothing now and offers us nothing for the future. He's a list clogger and a coach killer. We cannot ask more from him, because he gives us all that he's got to offer, and it's simply not good enough! We are going to lose players because of his performances, if we haven't already, and you'll still be defending him like he is the messiah!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #176
Go to sleep LP, the race is run...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #178
Woke this morning and hey look we're almost bottom of the ladder.
Must be Ground Hog Day.  >:( >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #179
Woke this morning and hey look we're almost bottom of the ladder.
Must be Ground Hog Day.  >:( >:(
We may need to get used to it. And as a long time carlton supporter it kills me to say that.