Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs West Coast (Read 15659 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Participation: AFL Rd 11: Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #180
A North Melbourne player was given votes in the coach's award against us and was dropped for the following week.

...and?

Many a reason why he could've been dropped, including no matchup, niggles, off-field issues.
Only 1 coach gave him votes, so maybe we thought he was tough to play against, and NM were not happy with how he performed the role they wanted him too.
Regardless, he's not likely to win the award now is he?

Reply #181
So the coaches rated Murphy a better player than Judd in 2011, despite Judd winning every award imaginable in that year and/or the year before.

Shhh....don't tell spanner.
Yeah, it wasn't the fact the Judd took all the heat for Murphy and Gibbs and as soon as Judd left it exposed Murphy for what he really is... Hmmm... Naaaah, couldn't be, could it?...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #182
Yeah, it wasn't the fact the Judd took all the heat for Murphy and Gibbs and as soon as Judd left it exposed Murphy for what he really is... Hmmm... Naaaah, couldn't be, could it?...

That is IMO 100% true spanner.  Well said. 

Reply #183
Chris Judd (remember him?) was the AFL MVP in 2011.
Yes Players Association MVP in 2011, Murphy won th coaches award the same year.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #184

Ahh, you mean when Judd retired that Murphy was considered the best option for captaincy?
Yeah you're right. EXPOSED.

Reply #185
Ahh, you mean when Judd retired that Murphy was considered the best option for captaincy?
Yeah you're right. EXPOSED.
And how'd that work out?  ;D Killer appointment in your books? Yeah, didn't think so...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #186
Polec isnt a tagger and not a physical player, it was a dumb move from Shaw considering Ratten showed how you curtail Cripps and the type of player you need. The old theory was you play an offensive player on Cripps to run off him as Cripps doesnt mind a man but that theory has been put to bed with all the successful close checking on Cripps of recent times
Polec wont be going anywhere with the money he is on...Nth are the kings of over paying average footballers..
 Would you show interest in Polec if Norp paid part of his wage?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #187
Jared Polec, "Dropped" can be a euphemism for all sorts of situations.

I've heard that Polec was asked to go back to the reserves and work on some very specific sets of skills, as in pestering and nagging, because they tried to use him to tag Cripps and he failed as he is a play fair type player, hardly a shock and awe result! Yet Polec was probably clearly and unequivocally Norps BoG after quarter time, even the media rated him as so! He was basically dropped for refusing to be a c@#t! Don't be surprised if he wants out of Norp!

In the meantime the media lauded Pittard who basically helped lose Norp the game, and Jed Anderson who kicked, kidney punched and ankle tapped his way through the subsequent 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter tagging of Cripps!

So would you take who hundreds of players rate the best in the comp (They can't vote for their own) or who coaches like Hinkley and Chris Scott rate the best?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #188
And how'd that work out?  ;D Killer appointment in your books? Yeah, didn't think so...
How many people were putting their hand up behind him?
I suppose thats his fault too?

Reply #189
How many people were putting their hand up behind him?
I suppose thats his fault too?
By your way if thinking, Donald Trump is an awesome president given he was elected by the American people.

Just because someone holds a position, it does not make them the best person for the job irrespective of how they got there. You can only judge them by the body of their work and given Murphy's contribution all I can do is judge him on that and in my mind it's been severely lacking.

Like Pagan before him, he has been weighed, he has been measured and he had been found grossly wanting... Beit as captain or player. Nothing you have said can mask over that other than the way you gloss over and justify his major deficiencies.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #190
So would you take who hundreds of players rate the best in the comp (They can't vote for their own) or who coaches like Hinkley and Chris Scott rate the best?
I'd take who we need, not driven by a popularity contest.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #191
Would you show interest in Polec if Norp paid part of his wage?
Be a No to Polec even with part wage paid we recruited Obrien, Philp, Ramsay to play that running link player role, his type of player need a very dominant team to use his front running skills. He is probably a poor mans lssac Smith but Smith can win his own ball better and hold up in the big moments, Polec misses a lot of clutch goals and targets when the heat is on.
You team him up with fellow mature imports Aaron Hall and Pittard and its a clangar fest...Nths recruiters must be under real pressure given what they have brought into the club of recent times.

Reply #192
Honey this week,  Cottrell last week,  Newnes in round one.   Walsh shifted to that running wing role.... I'd be getting concerbed if I was O'Brien.  Round one draft pick supplanted by first and second year rookies.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #193
Honey this week,  Cottrell last week,  Newnes in round one.   Walsh shifted to that running wing role.... I'd be getting concerbed if I was O'Brien.  Round one draft pick supplanted by first and second year rookies.
Not good and his form in the scratch matches hasnt been that brilliant, needs a big 2021, has to be more competitive and harder at the ball as the modern game exposes those who dont contest well enough. Philp , Cottrell all have shown they will put their head over the ball and thats why they are getting games.
Honey has a better build than all of them and no surprise he is getting his chance and is another who will contest properly.

Reply #194
Not good and his form in the scratch matches hasnt been that brilliant, needs a big 2021, has to be more competitive and harder at the ball as the modern game exposes those who dont contest well enough. Philp , Cottrell all have shown they will put their head over the ball and thats why they are getting games.
Honey has a better build than all of them and no surprise he is getting his chance and is another who will contest properly.
So you're saying that Murphy type efforts are starting to be scrutanised and phased out of the team? Wow! What a concept. Who would've thought that attacking the contest should be a highly regarded trait?

Gee, this must be a new concept that Carlton are experimenting with. I wonder what Marc thinks about it... Hmmm, obviously there are get out of gaol cards for Marc though because he's obviously exempt from that part of the game.

He's to get out of the way when there's any danger of actual contact, but for everyone else at the club, there's standards to uphold...  :-\
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...