Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 8620 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game postulations: AFL 2020 Rd 12: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #90
I don't care about his age. His form dropped off a cliff at 25.

When you are deemed as one of the best in the comp....the only way is down.

Fact remains, nobody is coming close to pushing him out of the side.

Reply #91
Murphy hasn't been breeding a winning culture now or in previous seasons, I'll refer you to Spanner for further details why...
Port have played their kids and prospered...

What kind of comment is that? Who has??
Sack the whole team?

...and using spanner to back your argument up is akin to waiving the white flag.

Reply #92
What kind of comment is that? Who has??
Sack the whole team?

...and using spanner to back your argument up is akin to waiving the white flag.
You associated Murphy with breeding a winning culture as a reason to keep him. You dug a hole for yourself and fell in....
We did sack the whole team, they called it a list rebuild, this bloke called SOS was involved.Just missed on a few players, wonder who they could be...

Reply #93
You associated Murphy with breeding a winning culture as a reason to keep him. You dug a hole for yourself and fell in....
We did sack the whole team, they called it a list rebuild, this bloke called SOS was involved.Just missed on a few players, wonder who they could be...

No i associated winning as breeding a winning culture.
Murphy helps us win more than say Polson does.

Its not rocket science mate.

Reply #94
Walters in is a massive blow to our chances imo.

They couldn’t have kept him out for one more week 🤦🏻‍♂️

Why do we always seem to be the team that opposition teams make sure their ‘injured’ players return in.

craps me.

Reply #95
Cottrell looked like he wasn't able to pick up the pace of the game yet and Newnes has been getting selected on the basis of kicking a goal or two each week and doing feck all else. Murphy keeps making skill errors that a senior player shouldn't and at crucial times too.

Who are these "best runners" you refer to ??

Running around the ground for miles but not touching the aggot is not something to reward.

Yes, Cottrell looked shell shocked at first but I thought that he adjusted to the tempo and pressure quite well as the game went on.  He did some nice things - defensively and offensively - in the second half.

I would have been very disappointed if he wasn’t given an opportunity to build on his first game.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #96
I thought Cottrell showed a few very promising signs when he settled down. Good prospect imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #97
I thought Cottrell showed a few very promising signs when he settled down. Good prospect imo.
Didnt mind his debut, bit of a young Robbo look about him and  I like players who attack the ball well. Skills are ok too,just need to be careful we don't over do the negative type taggers and have enough game winners..

Reply #98
Didnt mind his debut, bit of a young Robbo look about him and  I like players who attack the ball well. Skills are ok too,just need to be careful we don't over do the negative type taggers and have enough game winners..
Let Cottrel learn from Ed Curnow. He'll inherit his role when Ed retires.
Has the tank to go with anyone.
Has the willingness to get his hands dirty.
Has the hunger to do the team things.

Ed v2.0

Reply #99
Let Cottrel learn from Ed Curnow. He'll inherit his role when Ed retires.
Has the tank to go with anyone.
Has the willingness to get his hands dirty.
Has the hunger to do the team things.

Ed v2.0

yep. Got more leg speed (spurt speed) than Ed by some margin.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #100
Looks like we have given up on finals. Blooding youth, looking at the list. Petrovski-Seton, Kennedy, De Konning, Walsh, Weitering, Fisher, Cottrell, Williamson, Setterfield, Honey, McKay and Gibbons have all come into the AFL system via the draft after 2015.  Really need the senior players to stand up today. Give leadership and make everything a contest. Must win these games otherwise it is just another wasted season of re-building.

Reply #101
Really need the senior players to stand up today. Give leadership and make everything a contest. Must win these games otherwise it is just another wasted season of re-building.
I don't think this season is wasted at all, there is a significant different feel to our 2020 build.

I'd rather give the senior players a day off than have them pummel themselves for a nothing game in a nothing season!

I suppose from an MC perspective it depends on what the end of season list management situation looks like, if the oldies are going on, staying or leaving!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #102
Cottrell on Walters, anyone think this might be an option?

Nothing better than to have a young aerobic kid force a fragile oldie (one who may well be returning too soon) into a soft tissue injury from trying to shake off a kid he can't shake of like he did in the old days.

Not that I'm a bastard or anything like that!

Cottrell is quite brave, and agile, Walters won't easily lose him in traffic and Walters' team-mates won't intimidate Cottrell. But of course you'd expect Walters to have an edge if he gets goal side of Cottrell one out, but that is probably true of many!

Walters is probably quicker, but he'll have to run hard all the time to get separation on Cottrell, and that'll take some of the sting out of Walters legs!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #103
Cottrell on Walters, anyone think this might be an option?

Nothing better than to have a young aerobic kid force a fragile oldie (one who may well be returning too soon) into a soft tissue injury from trying to shake off a kid he can't shake of like he did in the old days.

Not that I'm a bastard or anything like that!

I would give him at least some time on him. Good for his development! 😎
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #104
I would give him at least some time on him. Good for his development! 😎
 Sorry, was still refining my comments! :o
The Force Awakens!