Skip to main content
Topic: Son of Sheik's World Tour (Read 2333 times) previous topic - next topic

Son of Sheik's World Tour

My son is in the midst of a seven-month overseas trip, he has taken all his leave owed plus long-service from the RAAF to do it.

Thus far, he has been on safari's in Africa, climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, attended weddings in the UK & US, been to Croatia, Spain, Portugal and everywhere inbetween. He has a 20-day trip through Sth. Amercia yet to come too.

He's currently in New York city where he saw AC/DC, been to two ice-hockey matches and just phoned me from the baseball.

There was a "jumbotron" screen at the game on which a guy in the crowd was being broadcast proposing to his girlfriend. He looked up at her and said "oh no, I've dropped the ring". Everyone in the stadium went completely nuts laughing at him whilst the 3-4 rows around him were on all fours trying to help him find it. The look of embarrassment was priceless apparently !!!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: Son of Sheik's World Tour

Reply #1
Good on him, out there living the dream, NHL is fantastic live ,so fast

Reply #2
It was on Channel 10 news as play of the day. Commentators were laughing their heads off. Someone found it and she said yes. The look on the guys face was priceless.

Reply #3
It was on Channel 10 news as play of the day. Commentators were laughing their heads off. Someone found it and she said yes. The look on the guys face was priceless.

My son said it will make it on Youtube & the TV news here for sure.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #4
It sounds like Son of Sheik is enjoying a great trip and a very well deserved one too!

My little fellow is off on his first overseas trip at the end of October; 5 weeks in the USA.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball