Skip to main content
Topic: Rating the commentators (Read 12513 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rating the commentators

Reply #30
McAvaney. Sickening contrived emotion. And listen to him continually asking his co-commentators to agree with him. Bloody irritating. Usually goes something like this ....<insert name> has really stepped up today hasn't he? And then poor well-credentialed colleague usually tries to ignore him.

He is unbearable.

Spot on - I was hoping that a change of partner might help and that BT might leave fewer openings for Bruce to get a word in. Maybe it was wishful thinking but he seemed to have backed off a bit during the first two rounds. Unfortunately, BT is almost as annoying and Bruce seems to be overcoming the unfamiliarity of his new partner.

I agree that Anthony Hudson is one of the less annoying, better describer's of the action - although he can be prone to too much gushing on occasions.

Reply #31
There's plenty of good ones Adam Papalia and the ones that did the AFLW .

Not Kelli Underwood though.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #34
I'd rather listen to Australian hip-hop than BT.

Reply #35
That's like choosing between cholera and typhus.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
BT is terrible - he shows incredible bias and doesn't even bother to commentate the game properly - he likes the sound of his own voice

I like Leigh and Bruce

Reply #37
There's plenty of good ones Adam Papalia and the ones that did the AFLW .

Not Kelli Underwood though.

I think Kelli's problem is that she is trying too hard to sound like the blokes.  It comes out as a parody of a combination of several commentators.

She needs to work with and base her style on one of the better commentators; Tim Lane for example.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #38
Brian Lake is straight out embarrassing .
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #39
BT is terrible - he shows incredible bias and doesn't even bother to commentate the game properly - he likes the sound of his own voice

I like Leigh and Bruce

Totally agree. BT talks more about someone's hairstyle or size of their shorts. Utter garbage flows out constantly. To make bad worse, he tries to ramp up with the most annoying scratchy voice. BT and Richo last year sounded like they were eyeing off the candy... I turn the volume off when BT commentates these days.

I like what Jonathan Brown has to say, but his voice is simply not for public airing.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #40
Totally agree. BT talks more about someone's hairstyle or size of their shorts. Utter garbage flows out constantly. To make bad worse, he tries to ramp up with the most annoying scratchy voice. BT and Richo last year sounded like they were eyeing off the candy... I turn the volume off when BT commentates these days.

I like what Jonathan Brown has to say, but his voice is simply not for public airing.

Agree - a voice suitable for a country town radio station - with a population of 3.

Reply #41
Agree - a voice suitable for a country town radio station - with a population of 3.

That's funny Paul.
Maybe they can do some form of autotune....
Henry Ford.

Reply #42

I quite like Brown's "dulcet tones".

Some folk may remember Gary Dempsey's brief stint as a commentator; he was given the flick after a couple of weeks because his damaged vocal cords made his voice too raspy. 

I'd rather put up with Brown's voice than the drivel dished up by far too many commentators.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #43
And Lingy.... Tommy might lead the cats to a flag..... Please
Henry Ford.

Reply #44
Not sure if mentioned yet but I like Dal santo on SEN.

Calls it as it is and seems to not have a bias.