Skip to main content
Topic: Rating the commentators (Read 12507 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rating the commentators

Reply #45
I quite like Brown's "dulcet tones".

Some folk may remember Gary Dempsey's brief stint as a commentator; he was given the flick after a couple of weeks because his damaged vocal cords made his voice too raspy. 

I'd rather put up with Brown's voice than the drivel dished up by far too many commentators.
x2
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #46
Not sure if mentioned yet but I like Dal santo on SEN.

Calls it as it is and seems to not have a bias.
Am liking Dal on radio also and am also liking Spud Frawley on SEN.
As for the CH7 seven commentators, I would dig a big hole, chuck em all in it and back fill it...fast.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
Not sure if mentioned yet but I like Dal santo on SEN.

Calls it as it is and seems to not have a bias.

Lingy and Gerard Weagles are the most painfully biased commentators. If they could they'd just rave non stop about their own. Boring. Don't mind lingy calling noncats games though.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #48
Lingy and Gerard Weagles are the most painfully biased commentators. If they could they'd just rave non stop about their own. Boring. Don't mind lingy calling noncats games though.
Gotta say, I really find "Lingy" irrelevant as far as his commentary is concerned????

Reply #50
Dunstall impressed me the other night.

I like a commentator who can describe the action and also make note of what could have been done better.

I think it was a pass from Marchbank to Pickett which put him in the pocket, and Dunstall made note that Pickett would have had an easier shot for goal with the pass going a few metres to his right rather than left.

It was a refreshing change from wowee he's going to take a shot from the car park.

Public enemy number one for me is Basil zempilas.   Likes to kick us any chance he gets and is psycophantic EFC booster to the max.  So much so that deep in the final quarter he was more interested in talking about Eddie and how Carlton supporters should be annoyed losing him than talking about the game.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson