Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 7: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 18740 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 7: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #15
Considering injuries and form.....has our list ever been in worst shape.....EVER???

Not in my lifetime......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #16
I saw enough at the NBs to see that there are replacements for some of the numpties wasting our time in the seniors....  If Levi is out then DeK or Kerr gets a run.   Fine.

Similarly Schumacher has upside,  Mullet and o'shea don't.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
I'm thinking unfit.

Don't give him an excuse.......he's a spud. Simple as that.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #18
JSOS couldn't be any less useless on ball than Kennedy or Graham.  Those two are giving nothing.

He looked a different player playing on the ball. 2nd time Fraser has done that with SOS with success. Looks like he'd be very handy in stoppages.

Reply #19
JSOS couldn't be any less useless on ball than Kennedy or Graham.  Those two are giving nothing.

Real slow in the NB's. I didnt rate his game, disposal was ordinary and he needs more tricks to play midfield......

Reply #20
Don't give him an excuse.......he's a spud. Simple as that.

We'll see over time.  If there is still an issue we have to give him the benefit for now until we really know. Many a player has been called a spud only to egg on the face so I'll give that one time. SOS would be better in that role right now though.

Reply #21
Real slow in the NB's. I didnt rate his game, disposal was ordinary and he needs more tricks to play midfield......

20 touches, 12 contested and 10 tackles. I don't mind that pressure. I certainly rather that effort, and he gave a real effort. In-close would be very handy helping Cripps. It's not like we have a ton of choice.

Reply #22
I saw enough at the NBs to see that there are replacements for some of the numpties wasting our time in the seniors....  If Levi is out then DeK or Kerr gets a run.   Fine.

Hopefully McKay can do some rucking as I don't want to see two rucks again. Yes, then bring in Kerr.

Reply #23

You were talking about Mullet, O'Shea and Simmo as our worst tonight. OK change them up but I didn't see anyone in the NBs today who would be significant improvements unfortunately.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
I thought Garlett was much improved. He looked a bit short of steam b4.
Aside from the unnecessary and unhelpful dinky kicks, I thought Samo was a bit more involved than previous quiet games.
Obrein had a solid game. He's growing quarter by quarter. Enjoyed some of his decision making, positioning, and his disposal. He's got the goods for AFL.
Congrats to Paddy Wow on his 1st goal. He too is improving.
Fisher was good albeit quieter than previous games.
H was good. He just needs time to build up his ticker and master his tricks.

Ed had his usual hard at it game. As did Crippa and Kruez.
Our backs were outclassed and outworked. We made some errors turning it over in the league's most dangerous forward line, and paid the price.

In all, in a hostile environment on the road, we had a crack. Our deficits were on show. Hopefully that helps the coaches and MC in the review.

Happy birthday to Simo.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #25
You were talking about Mullet, O'Shea and Simmo as our worst tonight. OK change them up but I didn't see anyone in the NBs today who would be signinificant improvements unfortunately.
I reckon Weitering could replace O'Shea ok. I'd be happy to give Schumacher a run at half back. probably not ready but he shows plenty and can use it. I'd even think about Lamb at half back. Have to be better than a backline from the land of the giants. Alot of attacks are started from half back. Having a  tall defence will kill that.

We do have to start leaving out bigger defenders.

Reply #26
Yep, Weiters for O'Shea for sure. But Replacing Simmo and Mullet not so easy with who we have available atm. Yes possibly Lamb, but no one who will make any measurable improvement imo. Not averse to trying others but just don't expect too much.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
Hopefully McKay can do some rucking as I don't want to see two rucks again. Yes, then bring in Kerr.

Kerr is by miles the best prospect in the NB's...looks like a real footballer......
Play JackS by all means as he does give effort but we are going to look might slow with him Cripps and Ed out there.....
I'd actually bring in Shaw to do some tagging.....we cant compete on a talent level and have to take a look at how North are playing.
Ed gets a bit of the footy but needs more help tagging IMO...

Reply #28
Amazing what a bit of class does.  They kicked everything they looked at from snaps out of packs. While we stuffed up 2 on nones in the goal square.  Esp when we were on a run in the 2nd - little stuff ups kill momentum

Ps - any danger we get more than 1 incorrect disposal free for the game?

Reply #29
Simo named in our best. I love him but he had a stinker tonight. His turnovers from poor decisions were costly.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.