Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 7: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 18739 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 7: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #30
Amazing what a bit of class does.  They kicked everything they looked at from snaps out of packs. While we stuffed up 2 on nones in the goal square.  Esp when we were on a run in the 2nd - little stuff ups kill momentum

Ps - any danger we get more than 1 incorrect disposal free for the game?

Nope. Nor hands in the back, tunnelling, or 360° tackles awarded.

Ffs what were umps looking at when Casboult got injured in the goal square. Hands in his back, knee to ribs, then let the game continue while he lies there injured  >:D. Unacceptable every day of the week IMO.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #31
Real slow in the NB's. I didnt rate his game, disposal was ordinary and he needs more tricks to play midfield......

Agree. Jack would need to spend the rest of the year learning the trade in the NBs to have any chance of becoming an AFL MF prospect for us imo. Tries very hard but I don't think he's going to be a regular in the seniors from what we've seen so far.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32
Anyone see the “outs for Carlton” graphic in the 3rd??.   At least now I feel better - apparently Doc, C.curnow, March and Willo aren’t out.

Geez, sometimes I think this media bias stuff is a bit of a beat up, but who at ch7 is trying to play down our injury list??

Reply #33

Kerr is by miles the best prospect in the NB's...looks like a real footballer......
Play JackS by all means as he does give effort but we are going to look might slow with him Cripps and Ed out there.....
I'd actually bring in Shaw to do some tagging.....we cant compete on a talent level and have to take a look at how North are playing.
Ed gets a bit of the footy but needs more help tagging IMO...
I would prefer to carry young Jack or Kerr in the ones giving them experience than carry Simmo, OShea and Mullet who are costing us games at the moment. I expect more from Senior players.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
Just watched the replay of Levi' s injury. My guess is he'll have broken ribs. Just pray his lungs are spared.
All the best to the big fella.

We need more injuries like an echidna needs excema :-\

Henry Ford.

Reply #35
Anyone see the “outs for Carlton” graphic in the 3rd??.   At least now I feel better - apparently Doc, C.curnow, March and Willo aren’t out.

Geez, sometimes I think this media bias stuff is a bit of a beat up, but who at ch7 is trying to play down our injury list??

They just make fools of themselves IMO. Any fool can look up our injuries. Geez the afl website showed us on top of the "injury ladder" only last week.
Henry Ford.

Reply #37

Docherty and Williamson have been terrible losses as they kick the ball well and give us decent rebound......

Reply #38
I would prefer to carry young Jack or Kerr in the ones giving them experience than carry Simmo, OShea and Mullet who are costing us games at the moment. I expect more from Senior players.
Jack looked like he was going to burst into tears as he came off last week, such was his lack of confidence and impact on the game, have some time in the 2’s JSOS, enjoy and learn, come back a better footballer for the once mighty Blues...  ;)

Reply #39
Real slow in the NB's. I didnt rate his game, disposal was ordinary and he needs more tricks to play midfield......

Yep, it would be impossible to play Cripps, Kennedy and SoJ in the one midfield. We'd be run off too easily.

In reality though, SoJ only fleeting played the odd moment in the midfield against Frankston, most of his time was on a flank. There is no way SoJ was 2nd BoG as the club website lists, that is just rubbish, for that matter I wouldn't have Weitering BoG either! It's weird reporting, like it's only the Carlton listed best, here is the Best from the club website and my comments;

Weitering - Mostly the spare, great hands, good ball use, but no real opponent of equal size.
Silvagni - Tries hard, has lost his contested marking mojo, concrete hands, awful by foot but relentless!
Shaw - Lost of uncontested possession, Plowman without the aggression, not a good ball user.
Polson - Did OK, cracks in for his size, broad shoulders, teeny weeny little legs!
Kerr - Struggled for a half, didn't get shorter as everyone tired, benefited late!
Lang - Looked like an out of form HBF pretending to be a midfielder. Without Selwood, Dangerfield and others he's going to struggle.

I thought Fisher was probably the BoG for the NBs, followed by Weitering for sheer numbers of marks and efficient disposal. I'd probably have De Koning somewhere in the best, as well as Polson for shear stubborn effort.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #40
For the people ranting on about our MC and our talls balance!

Adelaide had 10 players over 190cm, Carlton only had 9!

If you think our having too many talls is the cause you missed the point entirely! Our problem is the way our talls want to play, like rovers and get cheap kicks out the back, or jumping from the back of packs.

While their talls take front position, attack the footy, mark it or bring the ball to ground to the advantage of their utilities!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #41

If you think our having too many talls is the cause you missed the point entirely! Our problem is the way our talls want to play, like rovers and get cheap kicks out the back, or jumping from the back of packs.

While their talls take front position, attack the footy, mark it or bring the ball to ground to the advantage of their utilities!
Very true, you rarely see our blokes take front position.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #42
Half an Adelaide side beat half a Carlton side at home
Their depth covered their injuries better than ours.
They're challenging, we're building
They controlled most of the game, but we held our own at times and even had periods where we were on top.
50+ points was about the expected margin

On to next week. ;)

Reply #43
Jones is a better match up for the bumber's great white hope... Weitering to replace Plowman (corkie)  or OShea ( NBG).

Kerr to replace Levi.

If we can beat Bellchambers we are a chance,  their midfield is soft as shyte.

If Kennedy ain't fit drop him too.

Polson in as a run with.

I'd consider Lamb,  because he's expendable,  for one job... Get inside Gobhards head and drive him nuts.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #44

And how many did each have over 195cm?

I reckon we had 5 who were 199 or bigger (Casboult, McKay, Phillips, Kreuzer, Jones)

...but having said that, those players are probably all more agile than your standard bloke of that size.
Whereas someone like Weitering, moves like Harry Madden.