Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 20: Post Game Calm & Civilized Discussion: Carlton vs GWS (Read 24448 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 20: Post Game Calm & Civilized Discussion: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #16
The result shouldn't really surprise, GWS are a well skilled and hard at it side and they'll take some beating this season, we are injury hit and very inexperienced.
Patience Grasshopper.
You know how injury hit they are?

They had 16 on the ground and outscored us 7 goals to 1 in the last qtr. That you don't have patience with. That's a sacking.

Reply #17
12 months ago i saw these 2 sides go at it on the same venue.

Carlton won by 1 point.

Only difference was today they played a handicap match and won by 100 points.

Kreuzer, Gibbs and Docherty are big outs, especially when Kreuzer is replaced by Lobbe, Docherty by O'Shea and Gibbs by Graham.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #18
Suns are trying to outdo us. 77 - 7 halfway through the 2nd quarter.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #19
People are getting too hung up over the 1 or 2 player differential. Injuries, too many bad losses, too many kids/spuds..........you get to the end of the season and all these factors start to take a cumulative toll.

They could have had 12 on the park in the last q, no difference. We are simply too far behind the pack and have a lot of ground to make up.

Reply #20

They had 16 on the ground and outscored us 7 goals to 1 in the last qtr. That you don't have patience with. That's a sacking.

Sack him now and we might as well hand in the keys.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #21

is that true? 16 only? I was at the ground and didnt notice. In fact, they seemed to outnumber us at every contest
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #22
We won't get a PP, but GC will without any doubt! ;)

I've changed my mind.
I think we'll now ask and receive one.
GC will get one too.
The AFL have to step in because these results affect the brand.
Good tight contests all weekend would have had them excited.... and now Carlton and GC step in and spoil the week.
Something will have to happen regarding free agency too.
We cant continue to have the best players going to the top clubs or this vast gap that already exists between top and bottom will grow even wider.

Reply #23
is that true? 16 only? I was at the ground and didnt notice. In fact, they seemed to outnumber us at every contest

Only for a couple of minutes, but yes, I'm pretty sure it's true.

Reply #24
We gave up in the last quarter so they could have had 12 on the park as Paul suggested and we would still struggle......
Once Cripps was kept honest by Ward and Ed couldnt handle Kelly the game was over...Cripps to his credit kept plugging away and we saw some nice cameo stuff from Harry and Paddy Dow but we just didnt have the talent on the park to go with GWS.
A game to move quickly on from and I think most of our attention has to be in the trade/draft period...playing wise its just going through the motions and even the coaching staff look over it..

Reply #25
Only for a couple of minutes, but yes, I'm pretty sure it's true.

They had 17 on the ground for at least the last 10 minutes and they were still getting free. Bolton's time is up.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #26
They had 17 on the ground for at least the last 10 minutes and they were still getting free. Bolton's time is up.

His time may well be up, but that's not relevant to the discussion. 18 Sam Rowes are not not better than 12 Josh Kellys. 

Reply #27
Another abysmal display. It  was embarrassing.  They were alternating between 17 and 16 players on the ground in the last and actually looked prepared to run more while our blokes were happy to job around chasing arse. So many passengers still getting a game due to our lack of depth.
Oh and thanks to the umps for really driving the dagger in. Pathetic display.

Reply #28
A new low. Again. The vultures will be circlinh this week

Reply #29
His time may well be up, but that's not relevant to the discussion. 18 Sam Rowes are not not better than 12 Josh Kellys.

That's it in a nutshell.
Even allowing for our injuries, and they are significant, our list is paper thin and still needs major work, no team can carry so many sub standard players into a game against a good side and expect to be competitive.
We'll pick up one top class player at this year's draft which will help but we're still half a dozen short.
The next two years will be the biggest test of our recrukting.