Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 18516 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: 2019 AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #105
I simply said a few had forgotten bagging the club relentlessly

I doubt that is true.

I'm sure you'll find plenty raising their hand when you are not on here spoiling for a fight! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #106
When I came home on Saturday my wife asked me how the game went. I said it was a regulation win. She asked what did that mean and I said we were basically up one goal at quarter time, two goals up at half time, three goals up at three quarter time and we won by just over four goals in the end.
This is how it has been over the past three weeks. Get on top early, keep control and run out comfortable winners.
The first four weeks there was passion and drama, being down by five, six and seven goals, fighting back and everything hanging on the last minute, now we are in control.
All this is happening while we have five to ten players out who you would be considering being part of our best twenty-two.
Life as a Carlton supporter is a bit different from what we have been experiencing over the past 15 or so years.

Reply #107
Daisy charged, fined $5K reduced to $3K for an early plea!

Maybe I'm biased but I doubt he even made high contact, he took out the arms from the angles I've seen and the opponent staged for a free!

When will the MRP start fining players for staging?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #108
Daisy charged, fined $5K reduced to $3K for an early plea!

Maybe I'm biased but I doubt he even made high contact, he took out the arms from the angles I've seen and the opponent staged for a free!

When will the MRP start fining players for staging?
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/blicavs-fined-1000-for-staging-20190729-p52bwe.html

Reply #109
Gee that "Cheat" remark is proving expensive for Daisy. They are vindictive barstards alright.  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #110
More utter BS from the AFL's resident cretin,  the MRO.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #111
I was pumping Phillips up pre-game and my boy delivered. Getting 1 vote in the coaches votes this week.
Obrien, or any other crow for that matter, nothing.

Not surprisingly captain courageous clean sweep.

Patrick Cripps (CARL)
Levi Casboult (CARL)
Kade Simpson (CARL)
Will Setterfield (CARL)
Marc Murphy (CARL)
Michael Gibbons (CARL)
Andrew Phillips (CARL)
Samuel Walsh (CARL)

Reply #112
Answerable to no-one .... must be a bloody comfortable gig at the AFL.

Reply #113
No one said they had  ;)

I simply said a few had forgotten bagging the club relentlessly

Ad those who bagged Casboult and Murf. A lot of disrespect shown on here sometimes.

Reply #114
Casboult's amazing transformation has made him a potential trade target.  Nobody here or anywhere else would have dared say that and not all that long ago.  He stays. IMO

Reply #115
I was pumping Phillips up pre-game and my boy delivered. Getting 1 vote in the coaches votes this week.
Obrien, or any other crow for that matter, nothing.

Not surprisingly captain courageous clean sweep.

Patrick Cripps (CARL)
Levi Casboult (CARL)
Kade Simpson (CARL)
Will Setterfield (CARL)
Marc Murphy (CARL)
Michael Gibbons (CARL)
Andrew Phillips (CARL)
Samuel Walsh (CARL)

Super. Haven't seen that too often ????

I thought some of Phillips tap work was sublime. Mids must have been salivating when he got his hands to it. So accurate.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #116
Good to see Gibbons in the votes as well. He's becoming another very good pick up. He loves the close in physical stuff.

Reply #117
Good to see Gibbons in the votes as well. He's becoming another very good pick up. He loves the close in physical stuff.

Played every game and getting better every week, good at spotting up a loose player and not a bad kick for goal either.
Plenty of hidden gems in the State leagues if you look hard enough..

Reply #118
Played every game and getting better every week, good at spotting up a loose player and not a bad kick for goal either.
Plenty of hidden gems in the State leagues if you look hard enough..

SOS leaves no stone unturned by the looks. When we rise up the ladder to the top I can see the SOS blueprint being hailed although it will be difficult to copy. Like Kerry said you only get one Alan Bond in a lifetime there will only be one GWS giving nuggets away so easily.

Reply #119
Casboult's amazing transformation has made him a potential trade target.  Nobody here or anywhere else would have dared say that and not all that long ago.  He stays. IMO

I have always been a fan - I would absolutely hate to see him running around in another club's jumper. Carlton supporter as a kid, has stuck it out through the bad times. I really hope the club make him a good offer and he stays.