Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 6 2022 In Game Angst Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 4951 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 6 2022 In Game Angst Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #165
Midfield was good - defence under alot of pressure and didnt cope the best. But still ok.

Wings, Half forwards and small forwards just didnt do enough.

Reply #166
I don't think we can win a flag with Saad, Docherty  Newman and Williams playing in the same backline.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #167
Midfield was good - defence under alot of pressure and didnt cope the best. But still ok.

Wings, Half forwards and small forwards just didnt do enough.

Enough with the small forwards!

They haven't done anything, sure, but they haven't had the chance too either.
Our entry inside 50 has basically meant that we mark it, or they do.....and they usually have extra numbers to help once the ball hits the deck.
They haven't stopped running, trying, harrassing, but they have been forced to be reactive all night just with the way we have got the ball inside 50.

Reply #168
I don't think we can win a flag with Saad, Docherty  Newman and Williams playing in the same backline.
Yep, take Williams and Newman out of it and we will be fine. For a player on huge money, his disposal and decision making is ordinary at best.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #169

I said earlier in the year that i don't think we can play them all in the same team, and Newman was my weakest link.
He's been a solid contributor since coming across, but for team balance, we need a genuine 3rd tall back there ala Gov and Newman needs to reinvent himself elsewhere, or play VFL.

Reply #170
Enough with the small forwards!

They haven't done anything, sure, but they haven't had the chance too either.
Our entry inside 50 has basically meant that we mark it, or they do.....and they usually have extra numbers to help once the ball hits the deck.
They haven't stopped running, trying, harrassing, but they have been forced to be reactive all night just with the way we have got the ball inside 50.

Why enough with small forwards are you the all seeing and all knowing?

What I saw they were not good enough - they didnt lock the ball in forward 50 and were ineffective when they HAD to stand up.

Durdin, Owies, Fisher, Martin, Setterfield were just not good enough. faster we get Motlop and Honey up to speed the better.

Midfield was good.

Reply #171
BTW small forwards have been under performing past four weeks. The ease opposition defence rebound from turnover from forward line has been TOO EASY.

Reply #172
Small forwards did lack intensity and pressure. Forward entry was crape, but they don’t crumb the ball well, and don’t lock the ball in often enough.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.