Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2019 Rd 1: Carlton vs North Melbourne  (Read 5049 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2019 Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #15
Indeed it does. Our midfield is still very much a work in progress. Maddy Prespakis was good for her first game and Katie Loynes gave her, as usual, but the other mids were well beaten and our small forwards were ineffective.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFLW 2019 Rd 1: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #16
We lost every quarter and almost all of the stats. Moody and Downie won the taps, but were flogged around the ground. Emma King and Gillespie-Jones set up the win.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFLW 2019 Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #17
Fitness doesn't look as good as North either.
Dennis Armfield is North's forward coach!

Geez, we can't take a trick. Not with performance, people, fitness, or finesse. I hope and pray to every god-like entity this is not another blue year for our loyal fans...

Hoping Harf knows what to do, has the resources, does it quickly,  and gets the girls to AFLW standards pronto. Otherwise we'll be following our boys last campaign, setting new records for worst performances.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Re: CW

Reply #18
Sack the coach.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #19
I started to get bored, so I was rolling through the vision in fast forward.

It was a blessing not to have the commentary and "special" comments...

The thing that struck me was the rebounding out of our forward 50 - did we win one contest going forward?  (or did it just look that way in fast forward...!!)
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #20
WW
My view was the ball went in enough, albeit not the best entries. Then North either marked (?Duffin good here), or worked together, spread, and got it down their end. They worked harder and were accurate. We on the other hand, looked slower, clumsy at times, and lacked system.

North mids then outclassed our mids. They didn't look to be in the same league.

Edwards and Prespakis were impressive on debut.
Loynes busted a gut but we didn't have enough contributors across the board.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #21
I’m not sure that we can continue to play Vescio, Harris and Davey as forwards, particularly as we don’t seem to get the ball inside 50 enough and, when we do, it’s a bit like Mitchell Starc’s “mystery ball”.

I’d like to see Vescio and Davey rotating through the midfield to give us more grunt.  Apart from that, we’ve got to get more leg speed and sharpen our ball movement.

Prespakis was good and she will be invaluable when she gets a few games under her belt.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
Well that was just sad. Sheesh, the Wallaroos looked bigger and stronger around the ball and our forward defensive pressure was woeful... got it in there enough, in fact, more often than the Kangabies but couldn't keep it there. And such was the lack of pressure that opponents waltzed it out of their defense with ease to set up another attack.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
Well that was just sad. Sheesh, the Wallaroos looked bigger and stronger around the ball and our forward defensive pressure was woeful... got it in there enough, in fact, more often than the Kangabies but couldn't keep it there. And such was the lack of pressure that opponents waltzed it out of their defense with ease to set up another attack.
Isn't that the men's game plan?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #24
Typical norf, using AFL mandate to buy a flag.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #25
I don't get the willingness to accept mediocrity as a price for being a good citizen.

I realise things like mental health are now a big issue with players, but if you want to be a good citizen forget chasing success, it's the Kents who will dominate the top of the ladder in both AFL and AFLW.

Anyway, no matter how well we behave the Kents and the AFL media still point the finger at us and laugh doing so, so why bother? We might as well get in, get dirty, feck up their day and get back to winning ugly!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
I don't get the willingness to accept mediocrity as a price for being a good citizen.

I realise things like mental health are now a big issue with players, but if you want to be a good citizen forget chasing success, it's the Kents who will dominate the top of the ladder in both AFL and AFLW.

Anyway, no matter how well we behave the Kents and the AFL media still point the finger at us and laugh doing so, so why bother? We might as well get in, get dirty, feck up their day and get back to winning ugly!
Amen
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #27

I reckon that if there is a semblance of that in our AFL playing group that The Terrier will tear it to pieces. Good.

I'd trust Harf to know what to do with our AFLW group to get them back on track.

I don't think there is any correlation between mental health issues and being a 'good citizen'. Plenty of folks dealing with anxiety disorders, depression and so on who are ruthless in their craft. I get your point but let's no confuse good management of a mental illness with mollycoddling.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #28
Are we having B&F voting this season ... Lods?  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #29
Are we having B&F voting this season ... Lods?  :)

Good question.

I actually did the voting system last season and forgot about it until reading this post.

Will start it again...