Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Postulations Round 16 Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon. (Read 4399 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Postulations Round 16 Carlton vs Sydney at Metricon.

Reply #30
I notice The TT has stopped talking 'winning' and fallen back on old faithful, 'growth' & 'learning'. Sound familiar? However, in his media conference today he sure did say the right things and identify the glaring weaknesses needing attention. Like what he said about interviews with all the players and apparently, to a man, all players wanting to be a part of next year. A very good indicator. And I also like what he said about Crippa.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
Owies to debut
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33
Excellent. Good to see how the lad is developing.
Im actually keen to see how he goes, absolutely have to reward form, he has been ripping it up in the 2's albeit the 2020 version. He has ticked all the boxes from the outside looking in, if nothing else it puts pressure on those who are feeling like they are auto selections.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #34
Dow has been dropped
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #35
In: Owies, Cuningham, De Koning, Plowman
Out: Pittonet, Betts, Dow, Polson

Reply #36
Don't mind those ins....would've liked Kennedy in there.....bigger body in the guys to compete with Kennedy/Parker at times.

Reply #37
Sydney no change.

Betts and Pittonet (managed)
Dow and Polson simply dropped.

Reply #38
In: Owies, Cuningham, De Koning, Plowman
Out: Pittonet, Betts, Dow, Polson

Good to see Owies and TDK get gigs. I wonder how many more woeful games Casboult gets to play before he's dropped? But then, he, like Brackets is one of The TTs boys. Hope Macreadie gets a gig before the year is out. I wonder which qtr will be Cuningham's good qtr (would have chosen Bam Bam ahead of him).

But I do see the logic - TDK for Pitto, Plow for Polson, Cuningham for Dow and Owies for Edwardo.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #39
Baggers....Casboult might play a bit more in the ruck this week and split it with TDK.....he's been down for sure but I reckon the last couple of seasons he's been pretty valuable....very much a confidence player....just needs to clunk a couple of grabs and pot a goal early and he seems to go from there.

Reply #40
Good to see Owies and TDK get gigs. I wonder how many more woeful games Casboult gets to play before he's dropped? But then, he, like Brackets is one of The TTs boys. Hope Macreadie gets a gig before the year is out. I wonder which qtr will be Cuningham's good qtr (would have chosen Bam Bam ahead of him).

But I do see the logic - TDK for Pitto, Plow for Polson, Cuningham for Dow and Owies for Edwardo.
Baggers I wonder if Casboult is so "valuable" to the team because he is the ultimate swingman? If the ruckman goes down, he can hold the ruck. If a fwd goes down, he can hold down a key fwd post. If a Key Pos Defender goes down, he showed last year he can go back and do that also. Whilst I agree his form has been ordinary, he is a a rare commodity. Thoughts?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #41
Dow and Polson need games, also weren't that bad.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #42
Dow and Polson need games, also weren't that bad.

Did they do enough to hold their spot? No.

Owies deserves his spot. Been tearing it up in the 2's.
Plowman was only out because he was injured.
Cuningham was only out because he was injured.
TDK is in rotation with Pittonet.

Reply #43
I have to be up at 4.30am the next morning for an early client so not sure if I can watch it. Didn't realise it was an 8.10pm start.

Reply #44

Casboult's needed for ruck duties. A couple of marks early while on the ball and he's away. That's how he rolls.