Skip to main content
Topic: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter) (Read 66852 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 16 : Carlton v St Kilda (Pre-game Chatter)

Reply #45
Saints by 5 goals.....there's no more certain result this coming weekend. Saints supporters don't rate their team either, but they do against us....and with some justification too.

Riewoldt will kick a lazy 4 at least, Kosi & Milne 3 apiece, Milera will play one of his 2 good games of the year, Saad will come in and kick at least 2, Hayes a lazy 35+ possessions, Dal Santo a lazy 30+, Farren Ray will look magnificent, Jack Steven will run around like a Stawell Gift winner, Rhys Stanley will single handily fend off our forward talls, McEvoy will take 10+ contested marks everywhere, Clint Jones keep Murphy to about 10 possessions......and on and on and on it goes......

Worse still they will apply the heat to us, we fold and they then kick away. Junk time goals will bring it back from a 10 goal hiding to something nearer the 5 goal mark. Mick will interview saying we were in it for patches and the positives about how we came back in the last etc etc.

Reply #46
Saints by 5 goals.....there's no more certain result this coming weekend. Saints supporters don't rate their team either, but they do against us....and with some justification too.

Riewoldt will kick a lazy 4 at least, Kosi & Milne 3 apiece, Milera will play one of his 2 good games of the year, Saad will come in and kick at least 2, Hayes a lazy 35+ possessions, Dal Santo a lazy 30+, Farren Ray will look magnificent, Jack Steven will run around like a Stawell Gift winner, Rhys Stanley will single handily fend off our forward talls, McEvoy will take 10+ contested marks everywhere, Clint Jones keep Murphy to about 10 possessions......and on and on and on it goes......
Did you have to?
I did - some people were starting to think we could actually win this game, a reality check was required....STAT!!!
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #47
Play Casboult forward. He can either play or not. We need to find out.

Kruezer can ruck most of the game anyway. The whole football world is watching us right now - do wave the white flag or take no prisoners?

Time for us to say Never again do we lose to this mob and have some pride.
I would love nothing more than for our blokes to demonstrate and achieve this.

I am with you there brother. Why can't we do it?!?!?

Reply #48
Go get 'em Blues - prove all the naysayers wrong this week!. We can surely beat this mob if we can just play with a bit of intensity for 4Qs.

Agree - when we're on song we can match it with the best of them - but after the psychological bashing the boys have been taking these past 2 weeks, it wouldn't surprise me to see them flat and disinterested.

Yes, there are changes that need to be made within a number of areas at the Club but geez let's be more professional about it and don't eat our own in public! Here's looking at you Mathieson........

Reply #49
Because we will have the ball inside 50 for the first 10 minutes for a wasteful point, after which it will be swept down the other end where Riewoldt will get a charity free kick for being retarded by Jamison's shadow, resulting in a goal (this will happen about 4 times, but won't be paid at the other end).  At the following ball up Hayes will run hard on one of our mids, scaring them all crapless, resulting in us failing to win a clearance all night.  Milne will have 4 kicks for 3.1, some nuffie we have never heard of will kick 5 and a couple of spud defenders will be allowed to hang on, grapple and otherwise molest our forwards with impunity, thus keeping our useless forward line to 8 goals (and about 25 points).

Any part of this script sound wrong?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #50
Because we will have the ball inside 50 for the first 10 minutes for a wasteful point, after which it will be swept down the other end where Riewoldt will get a charity free kick for being retarded by Jamison's shadow, resulting in a goal (this will happen about 4 times, but won't be paid at the other end).  At the following ball up Hayes will run hard on one of our mids, scaring them all crapless, resulting in us failing to win a clearance all night.  Milne will have 4 kicks for 3.1, some nuffie we have never heard of will kick 5 and a couple of spud defenders will be allowed to hang on, grapple and otherwise molest our forwards with impunity, thus keeping our useless forward line to 8 goals (and about 25 points).

Any part of this script sound wrong?

That's pretty much what we've had last couple of times around the block - can't see it changing unless the players WANT to make a statement. Belt the living daylights out of them - this is our line in the sand moment if we WANT it but do we?

Reply #51
Gointocarlton, its probably nothing for us to worry about, but Kate was giving Hughesy heaps on Nova 100.3 this morning about it. I just wanted to smash the radio because its media exposure for us all over again. I was hoping to forget the last game and just vent hear amongst reliable, friendly supporters. Blowing off some steam and hearing some inspiring insights from those who have some footy knowledge. Do we really want everyone talking about us all week.

Heard enough cr@p from Lyon and Lloyd about how we have chosen the worst draft picks in footy history (Basically in not exact words). Now I will be hearing about this BBQ for the next few days and the footy show will bring this up for certain. Now just imagine we lose to the Saints on Saturday, and what Footy Classified will say, along with the news papers, footy show again and Kate on the radio laughing at Hughes again ? Is this what we need at the moment ? Or do we focus on how we will beat the Saints and make sure it happens at any cost ? Its me isn't it ? I'm the ignorant tool. ::)

He he. Kate can't talk. This is the woman who called get Son Lewis Lewis. Yes, she is a clever one isn't she. Hughsey probably just looks at her and feels awesome inside every single time he goes to work :)
Keep the Faith

Reply #52
Negative press frustration building.  Media going ape.

Bookmark it, we'll win by ten goals.  Then we will get ahead of ourselves and be put back in our place by North, and that will end our season.

We'll get to enjoy this week though.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #53
Negative press frustration building.  Media going ape.

Bookmark it, we'll win by ten goals.  Then we will get ahead of ourselves and be put back in our place by North, and that will end our season.

We'll get to enjoy this week though.

Haha yep! I actually picked the winning margin as 80 points.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #54
I know we were extremely poor last week but I can't believe this negativity. We're not a great team but we're not a bottom 4 team either.
We are good enough for a comfortable win. Blues by 23.

Good post.
Not sure about a comfortable win, but I think we have a good chance.

Reply #55

Did you have to?
Unfortunately it is looking that way. I hated being Kassandra last weekend, now Brettie brings up a nightmare.
But unless we can find some intestinal fortitude, some cohesion, and some esprit de corps, his nightmare may become a reality. It happened last time with no reasonable justification.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #56
Play Casboult forward. He can either play or not. We need to find out.

Kruezer can ruck most of the game anyway. The whole football world is watching us right now - do wave the white flag or take no prisoners?

Time for us to say Never again do we lose to this mob and have some pride.

This ^^^^

Casboult planted in the square. Watson to CHB. Henderson & Walker the the leading fwds Menzel and Betts Fwd. Yaz and Army of half back. Jeffy / Simpson on the wings. Change it up, run them off their feet.
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #57
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #58
Saints are really taking it up to Freo over in the west, they won't be an easy opponent based on this performance.

They aren't an easy opponent based on 16 of the last 18 times we've played them...  >:(

Kosi's 200th - Riewoldt fresh after a rest and Milne back in....

they'll start the rough stuff and we'll turn to water.... AGAIN!!

Saints by 5 goals

How does a hack like Kosi play 200 afl games? That in itself defies belief...

St Nick's tank will allow him to run circles around Hendo and Jamo, they will need to take it in turns trying to keep up with him, whilst avoiding the resultant blow up.

I say it each week, but we must be due for a win. And a show of some kind of onfield improvement!

Reply #59
Saints are really taking it up to Freo over in the west, they won't be an easy opponent based on this performance.

They aren't an easy opponent based on 16 of the last 18 times we've played them...  >:(

Kosi's 200th - Riewoldt fresh after a rest and Milne back in....

they'll start the rough stuff and we'll turn to water.... AGAIN!!

Saints by 5 goals

How does a hack like Kosi play 200 afl games? That in itself defies belief...

St Nick's tank will allow him to run circles around Hendo and Jamo, they will need to take it in turns trying to keep up with him, whilst avoiding the resultant blow up.

I say it each week, but we must be due for a win. And a show of some kind of onfield improvement!

2 reasons.

1. he is a top draft pick.

2. Bryce Gibbs is approaching 150 games and is yet to really emerge as anything but a reasonable player.

Its not a big mystery, at least Kosi is key positioned size which dont grow on trees.  Watch him kick 4 against us.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson