Skip to main content
Topic: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12 (Read 38959 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues V Cats - Pre Game - Round 12

Reply #30
Can we forfeit? Makes for a better long weekend.

I know what a start to the weekend huh? Lucky for the World Cup, that's all I have to say! Pame teliko re Rocky!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #31
We're due for a win.
We have no chance of winning.
So...we will win.

Makes no sense....but remember this is Carlton we are talking about.

Traditionally, Geelong cannot keep up with us. We are too quick for them.
Hopefully Yarran doesn't get rubbed out, i doubt he will.
Hopefully we get both Walker and Armfield back....maybe Judd too.

I'd look at losing Carrazzo, Ellard (inj) and McLean.

Load up on speed, and let them chase tail.

Play casboult at FF and tell him to lead straight up the corridor, anybody who stands in the hole in front of him is to be given serious doubts about doing it a second time.

Make geelongs backmen start watching their back and get the ball moving in with speed and all we have to do is convert and we win.

that was 4 years ago - we're a yard or 2 slower these days

I think we are actually faster now than we have been previously.
Previously we had Jamison, Thornton, Ohailpin, Laidler etc playing in defence.
Now we have Jamison, Rowe...but taller runners like Walker, Everitt along with Buckley, Tuohy, Simpson, Yarran bringing the ball out of defence.

We haven't lose any pace around the middle of the ground.
Up forward doesn't matter as much if the ball is coming in quickly, but the loss of Betts is offset by the introduction of Menzel.

Pressure the cats when they have the ball, let them turn it over and catch them with their pants down rebounded it out of defense. As long as we can hit the scoreboard early, we'll give them a shake.

It would help if Casboult has a breakout game!

Reply #32
@ Krud
Pressure the cats when they have the ball, let them turn it over and catch them with their pants down rebounded it out of defense. As long as we can hit the scoreboard early, we'll give them a shake.
Agree however this is one area we are very poor at

It would help if Casboult has a breakout game!I fear you may be waiting a while.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33
Wonder what the bookies will set the line at for this game.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
We're due for a win.
We have no chance of winning.
So...we will win.

Makes no sense....but remember this is Carlton we are talking about.

Traditionally, Geelong cannot keep up with us. We are too quick for them.
Hopefully Yarran doesn't get rubbed out, i doubt he will.
Hopefully we get both Walker and Armfield back....maybe Judd too.

I'd look at losing Carrazzo, Ellard (inj) and McLean.

Load up on speed, and let them chase tail.

Play casboult at FF and tell him to lead straight up the corridor, anybody who stands in the hole in front of him is to be given serious doubts about doing it a second time.

Make geelongs backmen start watching their back and get the ball moving in with speed and all we have to do is convert and we win.

that was 4 years ago - we're a yard or 2 slower these days

I think we are actually faster now than we have been previously.
Previously we had Jamison, Thornton, Ohailpin, Laidler etc playing in defence.
Now we have Jamison, Rowe...but taller runners like Walker, Everitt along with Buckley, Tuohy, Simpson, Yarran bringing the ball out of defence.

We haven't lose any pace around the middle of the ground.
Up forward doesn't matter as much if the ball is coming in quickly, but the loss of Betts is offset by the introduction of Menzel.

It would help if Casboult has a breakout game!

:o we are treacle.

Reply #35
Wonder what the bookies will set the line at for this game.

I think they'll be generous. 30 points. I reckon we are on target for a 70 point hammering.

Reply #36
@kruddler

Most of those blokes were already at the club and Everitt is far from express as is Docherty. Garlett, one of our quickest in the past is awfully inconsistent and far from reliable. We were told we need run out of defence so we place Rowe and White back there. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #37
@kruddler

Most of those blokes were already at the club and Everitt is far from express as is Docherty. Garlett, one of our quickest in the past is awfully inconsistent and far from reliable. We were told we need run out of defence so we place Rowe and White back there. :))

White is faster than Laidler and Thornton.

Keep in mind this is about ball movement as much as leg speed.

Both Thornton and Laidler looked sideways first, so if we ever had a free player down the field, we would miss him.

Having Kade "As soon as i mark the ball i'm already running around my opponent" Simpson down back along with Chris "meep meep" Yarran doing the same, the ball is in the centre before the opposition have found their opponents.

Reply #39
the ball is in the centre before the opposition have found their opponents.

Am I in the right place? Is this Carlton we're discussing?

Yep, the same one that has a bloke who can't kick the goal once it gets down there.

Realistically we should be 5-5 at worst, i reckon 7-3 isn't too far out of reach with a few tweaks.
Brisbane - Umps robbed us.
Tigers/Dees - poor kicking cost us the game.

crap happens and so be it.
But if we had a Cameron/Boyd/Patton up forward...instead of Casboult.

Result? We have a better target, straighten us up, allow us to kick more goals and become a more confident side.

As i said initially, if Casboult can have a breakout game, it will go a long way to us beating the cats.

Reply #40

We had two more scoring shots vs the Dees but lost by 4 goals? Richmond had two more scoring shots than us.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #41
Working at the gate at Etihad on Friday night,  so won't get to witness the game.   Thank god for that.  Although I will get to watch the last 5 mins when I muster to the Boundary line before the end of the game.   That's as close as I will get. 

Reply #42

We had two more scoring shots vs the Dees but lost by 4 goals? Richmond had two more scoring shots than us.

I'm sorry am i writing invisible words again? there was no 'at goal' written there.

FWIW, how many scoring shots didn't score? I'd actually love to see that stat as i wreckon Carlton have had more out on the full shots than anyone else.

Reply #43

I'm sorry am i writing invisible words again? there was no 'at goal' written there.

FWIW, how many scoring shots didn't score? I'd actually love to see that stat as i wreckon Carlton have had more out on the full shots than anyone else.

Well bring it up then!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #44

Well bring it up then!

I don't know of anyone who collects those stats. Hence why i said i would love to see them.