Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Pre Game Pontifications (Read 35696 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn Pre Game Pontifications

Reply #15
Cripps to Mitchell.

Like for like, give the kid something to look up to in the future.

White to Hodge.....bring the popcorn.  >:D

As much as I like White, Hodge is about 20x smarter, more cunning, more experienced, and more protected. As Bruce would say, "an ornament to the game." I don't see this ending well, assuming it eventuates.

Reply #16
Always remember Robbo lined up Hodge and got him but the Hawks skipper got up and smiled while Robbo looked like he ran into a brick wall and was worse for wear...

Robbo used to knock him self out for fun.

White is a far more robust individual.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #17
As much as I like White, Hodge is about 20x smarter, more cunning, more experienced, and more protected. As Bruce would say, "an ornament to the game." I don't see this ending well, assuming it eventuates.

Hodge may be all of those things, but Fyfe would have Hodge covered at present and White did the job on him. ;)

Reply #18
Hodge may be all of those things, but Fyfe would have Hodge covered at present and White did the job on him. ;)

Hmm....... I can see your point to an extent. I think Hodge is much more of a sniper than Fyfe. I think Fyfe has demonstrated on several occasions that he has a hair trigger temper, and I reckon could be provoked with minimal effort. He is pretty blatant and lacks subtlety. Hodge on the other hand will get away with much more, under the radar. Sneaky (*&^%.

Reply #19
Given we realistically aren't going to win, Id like us to adopt the Karate Kid model, and put a few of these blokes out of commission.

To, even in a small way, scuttle their top 4 and premiership aspirations would give me alot of pleasure.
I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #20
Hmm....... I can see your point to an extent. I think Hodge is much more of a sniper than Fyfe. I think Fyfe has demonstrated on several occasions that he has a hair trigger temper, and I reckon could be provoked with minimal effort. He is pretty blatant and lacks subtlety. Hodge on the other hand will get away with much more, under the radar. Sneaky (*&^%.

As long as White doesn't turn his back on Hodge he'll be safe, Hodge rarely accidents someone unless it's a blindside!

Hodge's favorite accidents are;

- Knee to the kidney's during marking.
 - Shoulder or Hip to the head area at ground level.
 - Round forearm to the head during spoiling attempt.
 - Clip to the achilles during sprint to the ball.
 - Knee to the ribs at ground level.
 - Front on elbow to the head during a "brave marking attempt" with the flight.

Hodge must be the unluckiest player in the AFL to be regularly involved in so many accidents! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
We've got some good taggers and a couple of good half backs in Docherty and Tuohy, we've also got a better ruckman.
We'll get well beaten but I don't think it will get near 100 points.
Menzel is out of chances surely, Jaksch in for him is the only change I'd make, keep running the young blokes.

Menzel out to recover from whatever injury he is carrying. Obviously not fit. Not struggling that badly for nothing. Jaksch in for Rowe and play forward hence moving Henderson back. Jaksch was recruited as a forward so now is a good time to play him there and give him experience. Wood, may come back too.

Reply #22
I'd love to see White go to Hodge.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
Menzel out to recover from whatever injury he is carrying. Obviously not fit. Not struggling that badly for nothing. Jaksch in for Rowe and play forward hence moving Henderson back. Jaksch was recruited as a forward so now is a good time to play him there and give him experience. Wood, may come back too.

Menzel's just out of form I reckon, not that he's ever been in hot form anyway, I don't think he's as good as we thought he might be but time is still on his side.
I doubt that Rowe will be dropped and I don't think there's much chance of Wood getting a game, Hawthorn's runners are who normally kill us.
It won't be pretty, we'll be lucky to kick 10 goals.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #24
I'd love to see White go to Hodge.

Hodge would slaughter him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #25
Marc Murphy's 200th game! Can we lift for El Capitano??
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #27
....He'd get two weeks down to one with an early plea for that ;D

Nice one Lods.

Reply #29
Hodge would slaughter him.

White would get four weeks for injuring Hodge's fist with his head!
The Force Awakens!