Skip to main content
Topic: R21 Carlton vs Melbourne (Sun twilight at the 'G) (Read 29655 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R21 Carlton vs Melbourne (Sun twilight at the 'G)

Reply #75
If this game was a bowler in cricket, it would be a gentle medium pacer. No spite, no nasty stuff, 2 well mannered teams, one playing better than the other.

Reply #76
8 is certainly looking like the player we have all suspected he could be , great to see after all the injuries.

Reply #77
Yep your right PaulP , no need for a helmet in this game

Reply #78
An average game but we're playing as a team, I hope Yarran's taking note, Whiley doing very well on Jones.
Murphy and Kreuzer dominating, Carratts very good in close.
How was Hogan's mark not paid by the way, one of the worst non decisions I've seen in a long time.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #79
Bell has done some great stuff too.

Cripps to Kruezer for a goal - the future!

screw off Henderson

Reply #80
Charity kick to hogan, major clanger for the umpire there

Reply #81
Hi all at the game with my grand son who is about to see his first win.
Got to be honest here and say that Melbourne are bloody terrible.
With their sub already activated they are gone unless we stop doing what has got us to this stage at half time.
Melbourne appear to be very slow and all of a sudden we look like speedsters.
Tutt lots of possessions but to very little effect.

Look when Rowe and Watson are getting the ball you know that we are too good for them at the moment.

Cripps a genuine champ. If he doesn't win the rising star it's rigged.kreuz been great Buckley good everitt and walker done their job especially walker.
Bokehoerst whiley menzel nothing spectacular do far and Fick not up to it even with everything going our way.
Jammo good Docherty solid and simmo is fantastic.
I would hate to see the effect in his body that the knocks he gets will be in years to come.
Touhey needs to be better. I reckon the other two Irishmen will out do him years to come.
Anyway back to the game.

It looks like its number 2 pick for us!!!

Reply #82
How bad are Melbourne? Oodnadattah -18 could beat them.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #83
Murph apparently dislocated a shoulder.

Reply #84
I hate to say this, I really do, but as a club this to me consolidates why we are so far behind everyone.
The only thing this club could do this year to get something out of it was play the game the AFL has created and lose and lose it well.

It is not really just about pick 1, it is about the PSD and giving those that run the club the greatest opportunity to put a step forward in rebuilding the club from the bottom up.

Now I know tanking is a dirty word and I hate that it is better to lose than win, but the reality is that it is. If we win this game and miss the pick (which we will) what have we got? We have 16 points instead of 12 in the history books, there is nothing tangible when wooden spoon numbers stopped counting after 1.

It would not at all surprise me if Roos went into this game with low intensity not caring about the result  to be honest, because stuff Carlton.

Anyway... yay.. we are winning...
 ::)

Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #85
Bit of a swing in the air at the moment , will miss Murphy , would think his year is over . Sad

Reply #86
I can see us losing this.

Reply #87
Yes that swing is still going , maybe the msg went out?

Reply #89
We have home from playing reasonably well against a very ordinary team to playing like we are the rubbish that we have been all year.
I want us to get the number one pick and was happy for us to lose but do so with dignity.

I agree with the previous poster.
Getting another 4 points is useless to us.
But when we were showing some spirit I suppose I got caught up in it.

Now there are only 4 goals in it and in the last quarter they will be kicking to their cheer squad end.
You can smell that the game has turned and that they think they are a real chance.

So do I