Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 18350 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #105
On balance, its one of the best sides we've had this year IMO.

Not sure if i would've dropped both Phillips and Casboult at the same time. If Kreuzer (not 100%) gets (re)injured....what then?

McKay/Curnowfides from the forward line disrupts that.
Jones/Rowe from the backline, disrupts that.

Personally i'd throw Oshea in as the sacrificial lamb and see if we can find a use for him, at present i cannot.

In any event, we've gone for a smaller side, which will suit the conditions on saturday.

If Kreuzer stays fit, this is a very winnable game. Bombers are not going well and i like the setup of this side. Only maybe the 2nd time all year i've been relatively happy pre-game with team balance.

Yep
Just feels like they may have targeted it as winnable and have selected with the intention of going all-out for that win.

Reply #106
Getting a bit sick of Bolts and the other coaches & even players reminding us that they are “learning their craft”, drives me nuts. I see Bolts has said that Bam Bam is “learning his craft” in the twos this week..... >:( :o

Reply #107
Getting a bit sick of Bolts and the other coaches & even players reminding us that they are “learning their craft”, drives me nuts. I see Bolts has said that Bam Bam is “learning his craft” in the twos this week..... >:( :o

They 'learn the craft' in the twos and execute it in the 1's???? .....In a perfect world   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #108
Yep
Just feels like they may have targeted it as winnable and have selected with the intention of going all-out for that win.

I hope you're right Lods. The Bummers on the other hand would take great delight in denying us, especially us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #109
I think we're a good chance...but once again I'll be happy with effort.
A bad loss to this mob is just unacceptable. >:(

Reply #110

Agree. I'm sort of expecting a win.????
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #111

Essendon and Worsfold are no good, thats the bottom line.....effort was fine vs the Crows but this week requires a win.
Bolton wont find an easier coaching bunny than Worsfold and the Bombers have one of the softest midfields going around..
Cripps should get 40 possies this week, even Nick Graham can get a kick vs this mob....
They have their worst team on the park for the year and are ripe for the taking....we have no excuses....

Reply #112
The key to beating the Bombers is to pressure and harass them. They have a lot of down hill skiers in their team and if left to play their attacking run and gun game can score quickly. Apply pressure and it all falls apart quickly and then on queue angry ant Goddard will start his ranting and finger pointing.

Reply #113
Apply pressure and it all falls apart quickly and then on queue angry ant Goddard will start his ranting and finger pointing.

I want to see Lamb pestering Gobhard all day.

Reply #114
Essendon and Worsfold are no good, thats the bottom line.....effort was fine vs the Crows but this week requires a win.
Bolton wont find an easier coaching bunny than Worsfold and the Bombers have one of the softest midfields going around..
Cripps should get 40 possies this week, even Nick Graham can get a kick vs this mob....
They have their worst team on the park for the year and are ripe for the taking....we have no excuses....
Following that wrap, we are screwed EB????