Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 8: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon (Read 18349 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 8: Pre Game Passion: Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #15
Kerr won the NB's the game IMO, he is physical, kicks goals and changes games....a quarter of Kerr being on is all you need, why he cant get a game is beyond me.
Get him and Harry working together, thats development....the goalkicking needs to be Mckay and Kerr leading the way, not Casboult and Wright....
Kerr is the closest player we have had in terms of giving us what Fev gave us on the field.....

Reply #16
Levi's out for 4 weeks with a fractured rib and an injury to the lining of his lung. Drop a ruckman and bring Kerr in. We don't want this 2 ruck thing happening. Phillips works hard buts has only had 20 touches in 3 weeks. If you're a 2nd ruck you have to give something up forward both on the scoreboard and applying defensive pressure, the latter not the domain of a lumbering ruckman. Much better with a smaller runner. McKay's capable of relieving now. If not Rowe might fill-in.

Isn't it about time that the AFL did something about knees to the back? We'll have ruptured kidney's and lungs along with spinal injuries and more breaks to rips before too long (owing to the strength and speed of players today impacts to the back are more dangerous than in years gone by).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #17
Kerr won the NB's the game IMO, he is physical, kicks goals and changes games....a quarter of Kerr being on is all you need, why he cant get a game is beyond me.
Get him and Harry working together, thats development....the goalkicking needs to be Mckay and Kerr leading the way, not Casboult and Wright....

Kerr is the closest player we have had in terms of giving us what Fev gave us on the field.....

Yes, I can see this will be the case long term, I think we will eventually have Charlie doing a role like Lynch does for the Crows.

Players must be played in a way that makes use of their natural strengths, not in roles that they are 50% good at! We seem over obsessed with turning everybody into a utility!

The problem Levi has is that he's not feared, so blokes will just push him around and use him as a step ladder when conditions present. For a 200cm x 100kg player he's a gentle giant!

They won't do that to Kerr in the long run.

McKay has a bit of nastiness about him, but I suspect he'll have to be a victim for a while until he gets fed up with being bullied, and then it'll be on like Donkey Kong!

The thing with Kerr, even when he's not getting stuff his own way he's doing the right things to bring team-mates into the game. For example he'll draw defenders leaving team-mates one on one instead of dragging them to the contest.

Isn't it about time that the AFL did something about knees to the back? We'll have ruptured kidney's and lungs along with spinal injuries and more breaks to rips before too long (owing to the strength and speed of players today impacts to the back are more dangerous than in years gone by).

Levi should be the one putting the fear of god into defenders that chop into his space, not the victim, he runs around players instead of through them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Bad luck for Levi - he was showing some much better form recently. Will be an opportunity to get Kerr into the side though and it will be interesting to see him alongside Harry. Both are pretty mobile for big guys.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #19
Bad luck for Levi - he was showing some much better form recently. Will be an opportunity to get Kerr into the side though and it will be interesting to see him alongside Harry. Both are pretty mobile for big guys.

Yes I feel sorry for him, we have a play nice mentality and we think the opposition will reciprocate, but it makes us road kill!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #20
Levi's out for 4 weeks with a fractured rib and an injury to the lining of his lung. Drop a ruckman and bring Kerr in. We don't want this 2 ruck thing happening. Phillips works hard buts has only had 20 touches in 3 weeks. If you're a 2nd ruck you have to give something up forward both on the scoreboard and applying defensive pressure, the latter not the domain of a lumbering ruckman. Much better with a smaller runner. McKay's capable of relieving now. If not Rowe might fill-in.
The minute Kruze rucks alone without Flip, he will break down with his groin, nothing surer.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #21
I don't think it was a failure last night...neither had great possessions but it wasn't a disaster either.

Reply #22

He'll have to get a game, almost by default, given the Bolt is out....

And I agree Kerr has earnt a game too!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #23
Kerr for Casboult, Weitering for O'Shea, Polson for Phillips, McKay can give Kreuzer a chop out in the ruck.
Maybe Lamb for Graham as well but that's a bit of a nil all draw.
Essendon's strength is their run and spread, if we go in top heavy they'll cut us up.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #24

I've heard mixed views on Kerr's mobility. Some say he's a straight line type of operator.

Reply #25
I've heard mixed views on Kerr's mobility. Some say he's a straight line type of operator.

He's no better or worse than Levi or Taylor Walker.

Where and when you run is just as if not more important than how you get there!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
Kerr for Casboult, Weitering for O'Shea, Polson for Phillips, McKay can give Kreuzer a chop out in the ruck.
Maybe Lamb for Graham as well but that's a bit of a nil all draw.
Essendon's strength is their run and spread, if we go in top heavy they'll cut us up.

Is Charlie not back this week? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
Is Charlie not back this week? :o

Let's hope so, but one week injuries tend to morph into a month at the CFC.
If he's back then Graham can make way and there's no need for Lamb.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #28

He looked pretty mobile in the last NB game but I have to admit that I haven't seem a lot of him. Regular NB game attendees maybe could cast more light on this but he looked very good to me.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #29
The media has flogged the bumbers today, calling them soft, won't tackle etc  Sounds like motivation via the  fifth estate.  Thus, I expect them to not only throw the kitchen sink at us for the win, but to attempt to physically lord it over us, especially our kids.

Any bloke wearing blue will need to be very prepared when they cross the line next Saturday afternoon...  and I expect us to push back just as hard.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?