Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 15: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 20049 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 15: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #15
No Kreuzer ProfE? :o

I think it will be Kreuzer and Kerr in.

I do not expect Casboult to be dropped.

I think SoJ or Weitering will be an out.

Mullett might be out for Lang or Byrne.

I reckon Jack had an ok game on the weekend playing back, and was mentioned as a small win after the game by Bolton. Unless that ankle doesnt come I'd expect him to play.

Reply #16
Polson, Mullet and Casboult should be dropped, Thomas, McKay and anyone eligible with two arms and two legs in.
Lang or Shaw seeing as O'Brien didn't play in the VFL and Byrne probably needs another week.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #17
Jones is playing well down back and will be ideal to play on the " Eel" this week......down forward he hasnt a clue.....
Liam needs more time to learn his craft down back as he is still a novice, why mess with one of our few players that is going ok?

Reply #18
I reckon Jack had an ok game on the weekend playing back, and was mentioned as a small win after the game by Bolton. Unless that ankle doesnt come I'd expect him to play.

They both, SoJ and Weitering, had periods off the ground getting soft tissue injuries sorted.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19

I thought Jack did OK as a defender and certainly wasn’t the non-contributor that some folk seem to think.  He was favouring his ankle when he came back on though and may be in doubt.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
I thought Jack did OK as a defender and certainly wasn’t the non-contributor that some folk seem to think.  He was favouring his ankle when he came back on though and may be in doubt.

What's the chance we play them unfit on a road trip, because it's good for their development? ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Jones is playing well down back and will be ideal to play on the " Eel" this week......down forward he hasnt a clue.....
Liam needs more time to learn his craft down back as he is still a novice, why mess with one of our few players that is going ok?

Call it morbid curiousity.
I reckon he could create a bit of strife for the opposition as a forward (he could possibly create a bit of strife for us but that's a risk we take ;) :D. )
We've tried him there before unsuccessfully.
But he's now spent a bit of time playing on the best forwards in the competition.
Has he learned anything from that experience?
The thing is that at this stage of the season we really have nothing to lose and if it's a bust he just resumes his normal role.

If it's a success we have an unpredictable swingman.

Reply #22

Yes, presumably covering for Plow? I wonder if Marchbank will be available for this week?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
Polson, Mullet and Casboult should be dropped, Thomas, McKay and anyone eligible with two arms and two legs in.
Lang or Shaw seeing as O'Brien didn't play in the VFL and Byrne probably needs another week.

You have two arms and legs...you're in!!!

Reply #24
Call it morbid curiousity.
I reckon he could create a bit of strife for the opposition as a forward (he could possibly create a bit of strife for us but that's a risk we take ;) :D. )
We've tried him there before unsuccessfully.
But he's now spent a bit of time playing on the best forwards in the competition.
Has he learned anything from that experience?
The thing is that at this stage of the season we really have nothing to lose and if it's a bust he just resumes his normal role.

If it's a success we have an unpredictable swingman.

Depends which way his unpredictability is working....for or against....

Reply #25
Jack might miss with his ankle.

I'd give Kreuzer further rest and let Phillips play. He can play and its in our best interests to let him play.

Someone might come knocking and give us a good offer for him. If not, then he can be our #2 ruckman and take over from Kreuzer long term.

Give Casboult a rest, and give McKay another game.

Daisy straight back in.

Out: Jack (ankle) Casboult, Mullett
In: Lang, McKay, Daisy

Reply #26
Phillips should have been playing every game since our season was over which was round 3.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #28
If Kreuzer isn't fit I'd like to give De Konning a try in this game. He looks like he can play. He looks like he could play both forward and ruck. This is an ideal game to try him and give him a feel of AFL footy.