Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 4 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 6287 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 4 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #15
This is one of the games that we should win, which always makes me nervous because our record in 'should win' games is not far short of appalling over recent times. 

Given the prediction is for a top temp of 27 degrees, whoever is picked better be 100% fit. 

If this time next week we are 4-0, I'll put away the brochures for the September holidays.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #16
Agreed Tonyo....remember a game up there a few years ago early in the season too. We led pretty much all day in a low standard game only for them to kick the winning goal in the last 30 odd seconds...might've even been Holman who kicked it. I reckon it would be the focus by Voss for sure....not to let this one slip or take it for granted. Luckily another Sunday game so a decent break.

Reply #17
If we win this week  Carlton supporters will start their ladder predictors.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
If we win this week  Carlton supporters will start their ladder predictors.
Whataya mean "start"? Im asking all my Haw supporter mates which is the best gate to queue up for GF tickets.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #20
I think we need to find a spot for Dow.
Reward for effort.

You know the flip side of that is; punishment for perceived lack of effort.

Who do you believe deserves to go out of the team for Dow? Find a like for like that deserves to be dropped.

Not saying Dow doesn't deserve to play, he was good, but who deserves to go out?

Reply #21
God Coast had a very poor game against GWS. Hopefully, we can learn something from that, as we have better forward options that GWS does.

Firstly, Tag Miller. Secondly, limit Casboult's opportunities.

Reply #22
Firstly, Tag Miller. Secondly, limit Casboult's opportunities.
Casboult will see a Blue jumper and pass the ball to it, old habits  ;D
Plus he'll get the yips again in front of goal.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #23
Casboult will see a Blue jumper and pass the ball to it, old habits  ;D
Plus he'll get the yips again in front of goal.
Our blokes won't sledge him, and I'll be disgusted if fans go too far, unfortunately I expect it to happen!

Meat has always been a fair player, was a good Carlton man, and deserves to be treated with respect.

Who plays on him, I suspect Young gets the gig, assuming Pitto gets up to play next week.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
Casboult is easy enough.  Dont let him run and jump at it, and he is finished.  Thing is, sometimes you can let him clunk it, and he will kick himself out of the game anyway.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #25
Casboult is easy enough.  Dont let him run and jump at it, and he is finished.  Thing is, sometimes you can let him clunk it, and he will kick himself out of the game anyway.
He'll have a lot of confidence against his old training partners, they ought not take him too lightly, and he is still a monster that can set bench press records when he is prepared to use his bulk.

The bigger problem for us might be Chol, not sure we have a good match up with Gov out, most of our blokes aren't that mobile.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
The bigger problem for us might be Chol, not sure we have a good match up with Gov out, most of our blokes aren't that mobile.
From what I've seen of Chol so far LP I don't think he'll be much of an issue. Looks next to useless. Think Richmond won out on that deal.

Reply #28
Carlton by 56 points.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #29
Weather is predicted to be 24°C and drizzle.
The Force Awakens!